01-08-09 12:50 AM
268 1234 ...
tools
    I got my version of 4.5.0.81 from another country used by RIM. It works perfectly as AT&T and Verizon haven't put out their versions yet. For the person who got nothing but a small memory increase, 4.5.0.81 on another country's website from Fiji, has docs to go, a new media player, and many other features. You can even view You Tube, so the one you got off BlackBerry itself has nothing compared to the other versions out there.
    LOLing at the person who doesn't know what's going on. .81 is for GSM phones, won't work on CDMA phones (8x30 phones as an example). Also, ALL versions of 4.5 come with DocToGo, the new(er) media player, and yep... they can all stream RTSP feeds, like the YouTube mobile ones.

Now, seems it's 10/10/08 and still not official 4.5 from VZW. Here's my prediction. VZW will not release 4.5 until after the Storm hits stores. Why, simple... they want you to think the Storm is the only device that has the new pretty HTML email support and the streaming media capabilities, so the uninformed general public who don't visit forums like this will think "Oh, my BB sucks, I'm buying this new one."

Here's to hoping I'm wrong... :crossing fingers:
    10-09-08 11:31 PM
    LOLing at the person who doesn't know what's going on. .81 is for GSM phones, won't work on CDMA phones (8x30 phones as an example). Also, ALL versions of 4.5 come with DocToGo, the new(er) media player, and yep... they can all stream RTSP feeds, like the YouTube mobile ones.

Now, seems it's 10/10/08 and still not official 4.5 from VZW. Here's my prediction. VZW will not release 4.5 until after the Storm hits stores. Why, simple... they want you to think the Storm is the only device that has the new pretty HTML email support and the streaming media capabilities, so the uninformed general public who don't visit forums like this will think "Oh, my BB sucks, I'm buying this new one."

Here's to hoping I'm wrong... :crossing fingers:

im going with your prediction. there is always a catch to something and prehaps this is the catch to vzw's release of 4.5. the uninformed public that dont have html email on their blackberrys w/ vzw think jsut get the storm. so yea. if they do not do what you predict it will be a mind blowing thing, cause it is really a matter of money, if they release it, they could loose money and god forbid they loose any money.
    10-10-08 12:26 AM
    Survey says.....DING: "No update" Not yet, at least. But another dream date is smashed quietly on the rocks. But we will dream again my friends...oh yes, we will dream again.
    10-10-08 07:52 AM
    Money grubbing b*s*a*d*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 09:22 AM
    Verizon is the devil, they know far too well hoe to manipulate their customers.
    10-10-08 10:42 AM
    If I went ahead and updated to the official 4.5 on Blackberry's site and found problems or didn't wish to keep it, could I easily go to Verizon's site and simply reinstall their 4.3 firmware back on which is what the phone is set at now?

Obviously following a few How-To FAQ's of course.
    10-10-08 11:58 AM
    Yes i did that last week. I upgraded, didnt like the bugs, uninstalled 4.5, went to verizon website and downloaded 4.3 again.
    10-10-08 12:12 PM
    you missed the one .77 bug where the autoflash does not work with the video recorder.
    10-10-08 12:20 PM
    Yes i did that last week. I upgraded, didnt like the bugs, uninstalled 4.5, went to verizon website and downloaded 4.3 again.
    Cool, I'm hesitant due to the bugs...Especially that speakerphone one...So I will just wait. I'm pretty happy with 4.3 at the moment anyway outside HTML mail support but I have Empower installed for now.
    10-11-08 12:29 AM
    n how did u do THAT?
    10-11-08 02:41 AM
    So its 10-11-08 and I imagine that the 4.5 didnt drop hmmmm
    10-11-08 08:30 AM
    That is the problem with rumors. Get your hopes up and then... it will release when the update is ready. Good things come to those that wait.
    10-11-08 09:00 AM
    n how did u do THAT?
    Its pretty self explanatory. I just UNinstalled 4.5 and then INstalled 4.3 from the Verizon website

10-11-08 06:28 PM
    Running .77 no issues so far.
    10-11-08 10:22 PM
    I guess I'm still going to wait for Verizon to release. I saw at the top of this post the 10-10-08 which I'm sure is not right.
    I hope it won't be much longer.

My BB runs so well right now and Empower Email is pretty decent so I guess I'm not in a hurry to screw around with it.
    First time I've ever quoted.........myself.
    Oh Verizon, I know you too well. You are the best, but you always keep me waiting.
    10-11-08 10:28 PM
    The only thing I am looking forward to on 4.5 is the newer theme styles. Everything else works mint on my 4.3.

10-12-08 01:13 PM
    i have .77 and there is no speaker bug with my version. ive had the beta and the offical and never had the speaker come on when answering a call.

the one bug i hate is stanby stops working lol.
    10-12-08 02:14 PM
    i have .77 and there is no speaker bug with my version. ive had the beta and the offical and never had the speaker come on when answering a call.

the one bug i hate is stanby stops working
    lol.
    That clinches it...Not upgrading.

Will wait the long wait from VZW. :/
    10-12-08 09:31 PM
    Official (non-VZW) .77 here.

Speakerphone bug--check.
    Video autoflash bug--check.
    Standby bug--not yet.

HTML email. Not perfect but very nice.
    Media player--improved, but it's no iPod.
    Browser--nice improvement over 4.3.
    DocsToGo--finally! And I don't have to shell out money.

Worth the bugs? Yes.

Do I want VZW to adopt .89 or later. Absolutely.

But--the improvements are worth the minor bugs to me, not to my wife. Her Pinkberry Curve will stay on 4.3 until the official VZW rollout--assuming the rollout happens before it is time to upgrade to a Niagra.
    10-12-08 10:08 PM
    its worth it tho, the memory mang is way better, and theres a better batt indicator. and u can view the screen in stanby mode w/o going out of it.
    10-12-08 10:10 PM
    The only thing I am looking forward to on 4.5 is the newer theme styles. Everything else works mint on my 4.3.
    No new theme styles on 4.5.
    10-13-08 10:33 AM
    its worth it tho, the memory mang is way better, and theres a better batt indicator. and u can view the screen in stanby mode w/o going out of it.
    I noticed with 4.5 on my pearl 8130 I had 7 or 8 MB free memory at any given time. With 4.3 I have 15 to 17. Not sure its worth the upgrade for pearl users.
    10-13-08 10:44 AM
    I've been running 4.5.0.51 for a few months now on my VZW Curve, and have had minimal issues. Every few days I have to do a battery pull (not sure how normal this is) but day to day functionality is flawless and I haven't found any remarkable flaws to speak of. Could upgrading to .77 hand me a whole batch of problems, if 4.5 on the whole has been working all right for me? Is it worth the upgrade to .77?
    10-13-08 07:30 PM
    I'm honestly happy with 4.3 at the moment, everything works flawlessly and I won't have to worry about possible incompatibilities.

I'll probably wait for Verizon's official or until some of these bugs are nailed down. My wife would love HTML email though (I have Empower on mine) and was interested in my upgrading her phone for it but I have a horrible feeling I'll be hearing complaints in the long run.

Normally I'd try the upgrade in an instant but the bugs sound like a real pain in the ***.
    10-13-08 09:06 PM
    Had 4.5.0.77 on 8830 for a while much better version! Very nice! Haven't done a battery pull for weeks!
    10-15-08 01:06 PM
268 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD