01-08-09 12:50 AM
268 ... 891011
tools
    My problem is finding the 4.5 in the Verizon site. If anyone has a link or can direct me would greatly appreciated. Thx in advacne
    11-14-08 08:31 PM
    Put in your pin and it will take you to the verizon website to download. Took me awhile to figure out where it was. I'm in the process of downloading right now. Good luck to us both.

i haven't posted enough times to include the url So no link. sorry

blackberry.com/hhupgrade
    11-14-08 08:50 PM
    Put in your pin and it will take you to the verizon website to download. Took me awhile to figure out where it was. I'm in the process of downloading right now. Good luck to us both.

i haven't posted enough times to include the url So no link. sorry

blackberry.com/hhupgrade

Where do I put the pin #
    Last edited by eripmu; 11-14-08 at 09:10 PM.
    11-14-08 09:03 PM
    Where do I put the pin #
    vzw.com -> highlight "support" -> click "Phones and Devices" -> Select Phone/Device brand ( "Blackberry" ) -> click "Blackberry Curve 8330 Smartphone" -> under help topics, click "download software"

or just go to BlackBerry® Software Updates
    and select "Blackberry 8330" -> put in 10 digit Verizon phone cell number -> keep following directions.
    11-14-08 09:31 PM
    Ok the address has https:/ blackberry.com/hhupgrade then you can put in pin
    11-14-08 09:33 PM
    Ok I'm on the right path so far. Thanks. If I have more questions during the download I'm sure I'll be back to ask more questions. HeeHee
    11-14-08 09:35 PM
    vzw.com -> highlight "support" -> click "Phones and Devices" -> Select Phone/Device brand ( "Blackberry" ) -> click "Blackberry Curve 8330 Smartphone" -> under help topics, click "download software"

or just go to BlackBerry® Software Updates
    and select "Blackberry 8330" -> put in 10 digit Verizon phone cell number -> keep following directions.

Everything worked out great. I know have 4.5 on my Curve. Now I just need to do some research to find out what is better about 4.5 than 4.3. Thanks for the people that helped me out. And CB for explaining in detail fashion on how to do it the proper way. Much appreciated.
    11-14-08 10:49 PM
    Everything worked out great. I know have 4.5 on my Curve. Now I just need to do some research to find out what is better about 4.5 than 4.3. Thanks for the people that helped me out. And CB for explaining in detail fashion on how to do it the proper way. Much appreciated.
    The biggest improvements are the ability to read HTML email ( before you ask, login to your email settings, click service books, then send service books ), memory management, and the browser is a little better. The media player is a lot better in my opinion, I listen to podcasts with my Blackberry, with the 4.3 OS, if you try to "fast forward" past the 45 minute marker, the whole podcast starts from the beginning but the minute marker will still show "46 minutes" and keep counting as if the podcast actually started at that marker and not the beginning. With the new 4.5 OS, I am able to "fast forward" to the hour and a half marker, anything past that and it does the same thing.
    11-14-08 10:56 PM
    ok so i might need some help here i don't know what happened with the docs to go.......... i successfully downloaded the 4.5.77 on my work bb and i am not on bes
    so when i go to advanced>apps. it say's docs to go but i cant get to it .........now i have looked for the service books (none that i can tell) on the home screen i have done the (show all) and of course nothing
    11-16-08 03:54 PM
    Did you check the Docs to Go bos in the apppication seleection prior to the install of 4.5? If not run it again.
    11-16-08 03:58 PM
    Did you check the Docs to Go bos in the apppication seleection prior to the install of 4.5? If not run it again.
    thats the sad part i did and if i connect to dm and go to app loader it shows it checked but i cant do anything with it
    11-16-08 04:07 PM
    Hmm. So no icon on the device. I have not seen this yet. I have done 2 upgrades now and no problem once so ever.
    11-16-08 04:32 PM
    Hmm. So no icon on the device. I have not seen this yet. I have done 2 upgrades now and no problem once so ever.
    i know i did an upgrade on my personal one and no problems and was b4 the whole os upgrade was available for vzw
    11-16-08 04:56 PM
    You might want to search for the JLcomd (not sure if this is the name of it) and wipe the device with that and re-install 4.5 with clean device. Just an option
    11-16-08 05:23 PM
    i just downloaded it from:

BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

It was not working for me for some reason, and VZW spent 2 hours not helping me.

So after being transfered to BB, i was directed to the above site. it upgrades your BB directly. No downloading any files at all. Need to use Internet explorer.
    11-16-08 05:23 PM
    You might want to search for the JLcomd (not sure if this is the name of it) and wipe the device with that and re-install 4.5 with clean device. Just an option
    how bout if i disinstall dm and then and also my vendorx file and reinstall it
    11-16-08 06:19 PM
    i just downloaded it from:

BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

It was not working for me for some reason, and VZW spent 2 hours not helping me.

So after being transfered to BB, i was directed to the above site. it upgrades your BB directly. No downloading any files at all. Need to use Internet explorer.
    how bout if ur runnin vista ?
    11-16-08 06:20 PM
    I use vista home premium.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 08:22 PM
    Just plug in your bb, leave it on, and go to that site. Super easy!

11-16-08 08:23 PM
    Cool thanks I will try it in a few o really hope it works

11-16-08 09:23 PM
    Just plug in your bb, leave it on, and go to that site. Super easy!

thanks man it worked like a charm (KUDOS)!!!!
    11-16-08 11:16 PM
    Glad to help

11-16-08 11:40 PM
    I only have internet by using Device as modem. Probably won't work, right?

11-20-08 09:56 PM
    I just updated my phone using this and it deleted the applications I added (Ascendo Money, Viigo, Facebook) is there anyway I can get them back?!
    11-25-08 07:55 AM
    Is bbmaps available for this?

11-25-08 09:47 AM
268 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD