Yesterday, around mid-afternoon, I got a call from VERIZON, telling me that I was "eligible for a phone up-grade". According to the VERIZON site, I'm not "eligible" until November. I know that there is a "grace period" (lack of a better term. That you can get an up-grade earlier. I'm not wanting to up-grade right now. I thanked the lady for her time, and she was very polite.

Is this the "normal VERIZON way" ?? Calling to tell you that you are "eligible for an up-grade" ??

Then today, in the mail, I got a "PRIVATE SALE EVENT" brochure, that offered deals on the following:

The DROID, tha LG ALLY, the LG enV TOUCH, the SAMSUNG REALITY, the LG COSMOS, at leas that is what is in the brochure.

NO BLACKBERRY phones offered.

Is this a push for business, or what ??

Just curious.
    06-12-10 10:59 AM
    Its just an offer for an early upgrade. If you take the brochure with you into a store, they'll possibly waive the early upgrade fee and allow you to pick a phone and only pay upgrade price. The phones you'll have a choice of are usually the ones on the brochure, but I've seen miracles.

And its a 50/50 on the business part. Of course they want your business, but something in their computer system was set to trigger the call as well as the brochure.
    06-12-10 11:21 AM
    $20 Early Upgrade fee included.
    06-12-10 11:32 AM
    I got an email on it and went to a Verizon store to see about it.

I was able to get the 9650 with $50 off and the $20 upgrade fee was waived. My NE2 wasn't until this coming November.

Maybe I got lucky on the Bold, but I don't think they limit you to certain phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 07:01 PM
    When I've processed the upgrade, it automatically waived the fee.

06-13-10 10:00 PM
    It's but the must common thing, but it does happen. There are usually some requirements.

06-14-10 12:09 AM
    I was able to upgrade another line on my account a month early. I received a call stating that the line was eligoble for an early upgrade at no extra charge. I was able to get my new Bold for free (Private Sale + NE2), as well as the 2nd Bold because of the BOGO. 2 phones for free after rebates. I've been deciding if I should stay with Verizon, go to AT&T for the iPhone, or go to Sprint for the EVO. Getting 2 Bolds for free was hard to pass up, so I signed a new contract with Verizon for another 2 years.
    I think it's a great marketing strategy to keep those who are contemplating on switching.

06-14-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD