03-31-10 09:10 AM
43 12
tools
    Ha ha ha. Everyone asks me how to work their phone. I love playing with a new phone and figuring it out. I don't want to figure out everyone else's phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 10:09 PM
    Ha ha ha. Everyone asks me how to work their phone. I love playing with a new phone and figuring it out. I don't want to figure out everyone else's phone.

The problem is, she is 150 miles away and I have to do this all over the phone. She already tried to say something on it wasn't working right and wanted to send it out, but if she would have calmly listened to what big brother was saying and tried it, she would have found out I was right all along

Now she is complaining the phone won't ring. The ringer switch on top must not be on.
    03-07-10 06:47 AM
    Ha that's so true. I bet the ringer switch is set to vibrate!

03-07-10 12:00 PM
    I don't mind webos. I do not like the design of the pre or pixi. I think they are both poorly executed devices, but that is just my opinion. The keyboards are not that bad but not that great.

But hey, enjoy your new device! I have the Eris and the battery life blows. But aside from that, I think it beats out the pre. Whatever works for you
    03-07-10 06:10 PM
    Ha that's so true. I bet the ringer switch is set to vibrate!

Turns out..........................all it took was a battery pull.
    03-07-10 07:53 PM
    Well wireless Vet, today was the day I picked up my Pre Plus. Got it for 50 bucks at Best Buy...a price i couldn't pass. So I'll take it through the 30 days and if it works out, I'll keep it, if not...back to my Storm2.
    03-08-10 04:53 PM
    I am soooo jealous...you guys running 1.4?
    03-08-10 08:17 PM
    Yep I upgraded to 1.4 right when I got ihome. I did "hack" it and installed a few homebrew apps. So I'm pretty happy with it but I'm not sure yet if it can replace my BB quite yet.

03-08-10 09:24 PM
    I am soooo jealous...you guys running 1.4?
    Yep, did so immediately.
    03-08-10 10:23 PM
    Well wireless Vet, today was the day I picked up my Pre Plus. Got it for 50 bucks at Best Buy...a price i couldn't pass. So I'll take it through the 30 days and if it works out, I'll keep it, if not...back to my Storm2.
    I think you will be impressed.

I've been trying my damnedest to spread the love and joy to my coworkers and to customers, but it's having little effect. People are just stuck on Blackberry and Droid, and won't look outside that box.

And great price too! One hundred less than what we are selling it for in the stores.

I got a call from someone today who wanted to open a new line but said she could get the Storm 9530 at Wal Mart for free.
    03-08-10 10:25 PM
    I do enjoy the phone. I'm getting used to typing on it. The keyboard is smaller and a little harder since there is no predictable algorithms.

03-08-10 11:20 PM
    I do enjoy the phone. I'm getting used to typing on it. The keyboard is smaller and a little harder since there is no predictable algorithms.

They typing is similar to what I was used to with the Treo 700w so I can deal with it.
    03-09-10 07:45 AM
    that's true. I had a Treo back in the day. I do wish they had a period for a double space.

03-09-10 07:53 AM
    FWIW, I am a very longterm Palm user - started with the very first Palm Pilot generation, had many generations since. (That would make it Palm Pilot 5000, Palm III, Palm VI, Kyocera 7135, Treo 700p, Treo 755p)

I tried the Pre Plus, really tried to make it work, but in the end couldn't. This was pre-1.4, but 1.4 didn't address any of the issues I had. I had been looking forward to running my old apps via "Classic", but the absence of the 5-way nav and using up screen real-estate for non-screen functions among other things pretty much negated most of the appeal.

Editing text on WebOS is an absolute disaster. Trying to activate things accurately on the screen with not particularly large fingers (ie cursor location to edit a typo or copy/paste in a line of text) was impossibly difficult, and there is little in the way of "smart typing" assistance.

I agree that web browsing is nice (much better than BB especially without Opera Mini) and multi-tasking is nice, but to me, that OS just isn't polished yet. And the Pre Plus's keyboard was too hard to type on. I still think my Treo's keyboard and 5-way-nav beats the heck out any of these devices for keyboard input and one-handed navigation.

So I'm very interested to hear what you think of that device long-term. I'm struggling to get efficient with my new Tour at the moment, but I think with the right combination of 3rd-party apps and some more tweaking, I'll get there.
    03-11-10 11:04 PM
    Just thought I'd give an update. I called employee customer service yesterday and am getting a brand new Pre sent to me. I've been having an issue with the phone shutting off when I go to slide the keyboard up. I've also had an time or two when I've had the phone laying still and I go to wake the screen up with the power button and it either takes a while to wake up or you have to completely turn it back on.

I still love it, probably more every day. I've had some typing issues, but they are very reminiscent of my experience with my Treo 700W, so I'm not to concerned. I've had a few suggestions about the phone shutting off issue from my new friends at Precentral but hoping the new phone will be problem free. Doing my best to promote the phone in our store and continuing to educate my fellow employees.
    03-24-10 04:00 PM
    Fyi.... two things I learned with the Pre was how to copy & paste and how to move the cursor about. If you hold down the orange key then the cursor gets an up/down/left/right thing above it. You can then slide your finger in any direction on the screen and the cursor moves in that direction. Pretty slick I think! Before I learned that trying to position the cursor was aggravating.

And with copy/paste, you hold shift, tap the beginning of where you wanna copy, then tap the end. You can even adjust what's highlighted.

Two thumbs up from me. I'm enjoying it a lot more than the Tour I had.
    03-30-10 03:44 PM
    I know all about how to move/place the cursor, highlight/copy/paste in the pre, and that, combined with almost nonexistent "smart type" functions and a lousy keyboard, is exactly why it drove me nuts trying to work with text on that device.

The UI on the Pre is prettier, it multitasks better and it's nicer to surf the web and play games on. Oh, and apps tend to be cheaper. But for me, everything else is better on the Tour.

Vive la difference.
    03-30-10 04:47 PM
    To each their own. I've heard of a way to edit the autotext or whatever it is, but I haven't had a need to yet. The beauty in all the different cell phones is that we all have options based on our needs. Right now the Pre is fulfilling those more than the Tour ever did for me.
    03-31-10 09:10 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD