03-31-10 09:10 AM
43 12
tools
    So my new Pre came today.............I'm in love already. I've loved my Storm to death, and will defend it to the very end. But I have to say, The Pre is awesome! If the Storm would have been this well thought out, it would have been mind blowing.

Take care everyone, good luck to all the VZW reps.........
    03-01-10 07:07 PM
    Stay in touch and come by and say hi.

Enjoy your Pre. Remember do not remove the battery without a power off first
    03-01-10 07:19 PM
    WV, You will ALWAYS be welcome here! Don't forget we DO have a Palm section, and of course this Verizon Forum of which you are a HUGE part. One of our best resident reps. Say hey to Dieter!
    03-01-10 09:20 PM
    Take it easy man. Always enjoy your posts. I have thought about getting a Pre Plus but the poor battery life has pushed me away. I have a Sprint Pre and I'm lucky to get 8 hours of battery life with light usage. Maybe 1.4 helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 09:24 PM
    Good riddens! Wooot!

03-01-10 10:12 PM
    Take it easy man. Always enjoy your posts. I have thought about getting a Pre Plus but the poor battery life has pushed me away. I have a Sprint Pre and I'm lucky to get 8 hours of battery life with light usage. Maybe 1.4 helps.

Keep in mind the new OS was just released this past weekend and one of the big fixes was battery life. I work 12 hours today so we will see how it holds up. Overall, the phone is awesome!
    03-02-10 06:32 AM
    Good riddens! Wooot!

How original.
    03-02-10 06:33 AM
    WV, You will ALWAYS be welcome here! Don't forget we DO have a Palm section, and of course this Verizon Forum of which you are a HUGE part. One of our best resident reps. Say hey to Dieter!
    That is one of the greatest compliments I've had, I have a lot of respect for you.
    03-02-10 06:34 AM
    You better not go anywhere!

You better make a cb stop before you make it to precentral.com... and I mean that everytime you get on a computer!
    03-02-10 09:19 AM
    Enjoy your new device and stop by to let us know your review of it
    03-02-10 09:23 AM
    Keep in mind the new OS was just released this past weekend and one of the big fixes was battery life. I work 12 hours today so we will see how it holds up. Overall, the phone is awesome!
    How was the batteru life?

03-02-10 03:39 PM
    How was the batteru life?

It's made it through my entire work day and I'm still over 50 percent battery life. Pretty happy with that.

I'll love and defend the Storm to the end, but I have to say, if Blackberry put the effort and ingenuity and thought that was put in to the Pre, it would be mindblowing.

My first pda/smartphone was a Moto Q, but I don't count that experience, because I had it for no longer than a month and quickly traded it for the Treo 700. I really loved the Palm functionality, and am quickly reminded with the Pre how much I miss and appreciate it. It's the best of everything that Palm every offered in a 21st century package.

My biggest disappointment in Blackberry is that overall, in my opinion, they keep remaking the same phone over and over and over.

So I'm really happy with the Pre, and happy to see my wife enjoying the Storm.
    03-02-10 07:31 PM
    That is one of the greatest compliments I've had, I have a lot of respect for you.
    Thought you were leaving?

03-03-10 12:12 AM
    Thought you were leaving?

I'm finding friends I didn't know I had, so the heck with it!
    03-03-10 06:19 AM
    @Wireless Vet, maybe I'll go pick up a Pre Plus and give it a rough 30 days...

I like my Sprint Pre...but the coverage is just too bad where I live to get real usage out of it. I haven't upgraded it to the new 1.4 yet either. I get 8 hours...max out of it.
    03-03-10 01:38 PM
    The governor of California just stopped by...told me to say...

YOU'LL BE BAK!

Enjoy it.
    03-03-10 01:41 PM
    Hey, not having a blackberry never stopped me from hanging here.
    03-03-10 02:04 PM
    @Wireless Vet, maybe I'll go pick up a Pre Plus and give it a rough 30 days...

I like my Sprint Pre...but the coverage is just too bad where I live to get real usage out of it. I haven't upgraded it to the new 1.4 yet either. I get 8 hours...max out of it.
    Second twelve hour plus day of work and I was at 38 percent battery life after coming home and running two miles before I settled in for the evening.

Got myself a Touchstone today!
    03-03-10 11:57 PM
    doesn't the plus come with the touchstone?
    I want the web os, but the device still feels a bit cheap....
    WV, does it have less oreo effect then the original pre?
    03-05-10 09:34 AM
    Why does you device model still say Storm?
    change it...please!

good luck with the new phone, I hope it's working out for you.
    03-05-10 09:45 AM
    doesn't the plus come with the touchstone?
    I want the web os, but the device still feels a bit cheap....
    WV, does it have less oreo effect then the original pre?
    It doesn't come with the Touchstone, it comes with the inductive charging back on the phone.

I agree, the feel of it is a bit on the cheap side, but once I start having all of those apps open at once, and enjoy the great web browsing, I forget all about that.
    03-05-10 10:15 AM
    Why does you device model still say Storm?
    change it...please!

good luck with the new phone, I hope it's working out for you.

Phone model is changed, thanks for the heads up.

I am in love and awe of this phone.
    03-05-10 10:17 AM
    It doesn't come with the Touchstone, it comes with the inductive charging back on the phone.

I agree, the feel of it is a bit on the cheap side, but once I start having all of those apps open at once, and enjoy the great web browsing, I forget all about that.
    Cool....I so want one!
    03-05-10 10:17 AM
    Well now that Verizon dropped the mail in rebate and it is now instant...maybe. I have my NE2 right now so it iwould only cost me 100 out of pocket...tempting. Too bad I sold all my accessories (I had two touchstones chargers). One for work and one for home since the Sprint Pre couldn't last me a day even if I tried.
    03-05-10 02:43 PM
    Well now that Verizon dropped the mail in rebate and it is now instant...maybe. I have my NE2 right now so it iwould only cost me 100 out of pocket...tempting. Too bad I sold all my accessories (I had two touchstones chargers). One for work and one for home since the Sprint Pre couldn't last me a day even if I tried.
    I got my sister a Pre Plus too, and she did not upgrade to 1.4 immediately, and mentioned that battery life was terrible up until she upgraded. I haven't spoke to her in a day, because she is driving me beyond crazy because she can't figure the phone out on her own.
    03-06-10 09:09 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD