My son has been a loyal US Cellular customer for years (since dad bought him a cell phone), but USCC is just not up to the quality that Verizon is and he's going to switch to dear old dad's carrier on February 16th when his contract runs out. Here's the problem. He's a college student and the town his college is in doesn't have any Verizon towers. So he must come home to get the phone and taht would mean a weekend - Feb. 13-14th. He'd like to order online, but when putting him his zipcode (mine since it is his home), Verizon says there is no service here (even though we have a store just up the road), so the internet is out. He wants a Storm and also wants to keep his phone number. Does anyone have any suggestions???
    01-19-09 12:04 AM
    Call VZW, tell them you tried ordering online & couldn't. They do have the ability to match toe online pricing when you couldn't do it due to site issues.

Or, at that initial screen, use another ZIP Code - it doesn't have to match the final account ZIP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 09:54 AM
    My son has been a loyal US Cellular customer for years (since dad bought him a cell phone), but USCC is just not up to the quality that Verizon is and he's going to switch to dear old dad's carrier on February 16th when his contract runs out. Here's the problem. He's a college student and the town his college is in doesn't have any Verizon towers. So he must come home to get the phone and taht would mean a weekend - Feb. 13-14th. He'd like to order online, but when putting him his zipcode (mine since it is his home), Verizon says there is no service here (even though we have a store just up the road), so the internet is out. He wants a Storm and also wants to keep his phone number. Does anyone have any suggestions???
    Your. Bigger issue is if there is npo tower at schoo will his phone work. How much longer does he have in school?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 12:05 PM
    Not really a problem since he can either be at home and drive 17 miles east and hit a tower and 10 miles north of where he is in school and hit one. His concern is keeping his number. And with the way things work in the cellular business, nothing is certain. I've yet to complete that action with my phone, my wife's phone, and now his is a concern. Plus factor in the fact that Amazon has the Storm for new customers at $149 and you get my drift. Just jump through their hoops and you're Ok. If not, you don't get what you want and you pay dearly anyway. It's a racket!
    01-20-09 12:55 AM
    Thanks to all who responded. Verizon got the situation solved for me without any hassle. They matched the price I wanted and will not require I activate the phone until one day after the date his contract with USCC ends so that he keeps his number.

Customer service was fantastic, helpful and super understanding. Verizon has it's undesirable traits, but no cellular service can match their customer service!
    01-20-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD