07-16-09 10:44 AM
63 123
tools
    Disclaimer: This is just a hypothetical situation and in no way depicting anyone or any member of this lovely community.
    Heh - but when you undress that lovely thing, you might find a few ugly warts.

Or tattoos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 06:16 PM
    Ive had to call in to VZW cuz my first storm was having problems and dust under the screen. I just wanted a replacement because of the dust, maybe I shuoldn't of mentioned the reset problems but anyway. I called in and I did have to bite my tongue so I could get what I wanted. I called and the lady was pretty nice, but she had me do some crap with my phone like calling *228 and a battery pull and wanted me to see if I was up to date on software. I was like I do them(battery pulls) all the time.

I was about to start ******** at the lady because doing that crap was not going to get the dust under my screen. So the lady told me to do that stuff and call back. Well I just said screw that I'm not going to do that crap, I'll just call back in 10 minutes. I was really about to start ******** at the lady because why would I even waste my time doing whatever she wanted to tell me to do to my phone when the dust will still be there. Just a waste of time. I called back in and told the guy that I did the stuff the lady wanted me to do, but it wasn't gonna help the dust under my screen issue, he said we will have a new phone to you in 2 days. Why can't it just be this easy. I mean doing battery pulls and all the crap that lady wanted me to do might of temporary solved my storms crashing problem, but the dust is a manufacture defect so she should of just offered a new phone in the first place instead of making me waste time. She could of saved their company "$8" but instead cost them $16.

I also had to call in one time because when I got my storm I was supposed to get
    1. $50 NE2
    2. $50 rebate
    3. $50 company discount for renewing I think it was or something like that.

I was in the store (release day) and the guy who was activating my storm was a huge ******. He was at first ordering me a storm cuz they had sold out, I went there on my lunch hour. So there was a guy next to me and he decided not to get his Storm cuz he wanted to discuss some plan changes over with his wife. I asked if I could get that storm because he did not and they had no problem giving me that one.

So I told this guy I needed to be back to work by 1. It was like 12:10-15 or so when he first started activating my phone. First I had to bring in this coupon that showed I could get my NE2 credit and it said free activation. He was trying to charge me activation which he shouldn't have been. Then he was telling me I could only get the $50 rebate and the NE2 $50. I told him I was entitled to another $50 off because of my company discount, I get 19% off my bill every month too. He called a manager over and they said they couldn't give me that additional discount discount. I was pretty sure I was entitled to it because I had got a letter stating so.

So I just said screw it I will call in to CS and get it because I didn't feel like arguing with these asses in the store. I called in a few days later and talked to a CSR and he said yes I should of got that discount and $50 will be credited to my next bill and it was. Wish it was easy to deal with CS all the time. In the end I got my storm for $100.
    07-16-09 06:45 AM
    I completely 100% agree with this. I hate when customers come in automatically assuming we cannot help them, just because they come in angry about something, because then nothing you can do will be good enough. I always get the customer coming in "i know you cant help me but this is my issue" and yet i take care of it for them... then they say "well... thanks... but im still pissed because nobody else could do it, so im going to (insert company name here)
    Well I imagine most calls like this are from older people who are tech challenged. So a these old people call in to companies all the time, say when they buy a new PC product such as a printer or some other device. They call in to get help setting it up or troubleshooting their devices. Tons of companies outsource to countries who do not speak English as their first language. These people get angry with these CSRs because they cannot understand them. Then they feel they weren't helped properly and sometimes you just get a noob or amateur or someone who is having a bad day as a CSR and you just get nowhere with them.

People will probably just hold this standard to all CSR calls and think that all companies don't care about them and hence stating comments like, "you probably can't help me." I know when I get a "Engrish" speaking rep, I will either hang up or ask for someone else to talk to. I don't feel like wasting my cell minutes(no house phone) talking to Makmu and having to repeat myself 10 times and having to have him repeat himself 10 times each time.
    07-16-09 06:58 AM
    Ive had to call in to VZW cuz my first storm was having problems and dust under the screen. I just wanted a replacement because of the dust, maybe I shuoldn't of mentioned the reset problems but anyway. I called in and I did have to bite my tongue so I could get what I wanted. I called and the lady was pretty nice, but she had me do some crap with my phone like calling *228 and a battery pull and wanted me to see if I was up to date on software. I was like I do them(battery pulls) all the time.

I was about to start ******** at the lady because doing that crap was not going to get the dust under my screen. So the lady told me to do that stuff and call back. Well I just said screw that I'm not going to do that crap, I'll just call back in 10 minutes. I was really about to start ******** at the lady because why would I even waste my time doing whatever she wanted to tell me to do to my phone when the dust will still be there. Just a waste of time. I called back in and told the guy that I did the stuff the lady wanted me to do, but it wasn't gonna help the dust under my screen issue, he said we will have a new phone to you in 2 days. Why can't it just be this easy. I mean doing battery pulls and all the crap that lady wanted me to do might of temporary solved my storms crashing problem, but the dust is a manufacture defect so she should of just offered a new phone in the first place instead of making me waste time. She could of saved their company "$8" but instead cost them $16.

I also had to call in one time because when I got my storm I was supposed to get
    1. $50 NE2
    2. $50 rebate
    3. $50 company discount for renewing I think it was or something like that.

I was in the store (release day) and the guy who was activating my storm was a huge ******. He was at first ordering me a storm cuz they had sold out, I went there on my lunch hour. So there was a guy next to me and he decided not to get his Storm cuz he wanted to discuss some plan changes over with his wife. I asked if I could get that storm because he did not and they had no problem giving me that one.

So I told this guy I needed to be back to work by 1. It was like 12:10-15 or so when he first started activating my phone. First I had to bring in this coupon that showed I could get my NE2 credit and it said free activation. He was trying to charge me activation which he shouldn't have been. Then he was telling me I could only get the $50 rebate and the NE2 $50. I told him I was entitled to another $50 off because of my company discount, I get 19% off my bill every month too. He called a manager over and they said they couldn't give me that additional discount discount. I was pretty sure I was entitled to it because I had got a letter stating so.

So I just said screw it I will call in to CS and get it because I didn't feel like arguing with these asses in the store. I called in a few days later and talked to a CSR and he said yes I should of got that discount and $50 will be credited to my next bill and it was. Wish it was easy to deal with CS all the time. In the end I got my storm for $100.
    As for the activation, if you're using a NE2 credit, you're already a customer. You only get charged an activation fee if you're "activating" a new line of service, not a phone upgrade. As for the corporate $50 discount and the new every two discount, I've never seen those mixed, it's either one or the other. Sounds like they gave you the $50 credit that you didn't deserve to hush you up
    07-16-09 07:19 AM
    As for the activation, if you're using a NE2 credit, you're already a customer. You only get charged an activation fee if you're "activating" a new line of service, not a phone upgrade. As for the corporate $50 discount and the new every two discount, I've never seen those mixed, it's either one or the other. Sounds like they gave you the $50 credit that you didn't deserve to hush you up
    I don't know but I got my $50. I didn't even argue with the guy. I just told him that I should of got the discount because I got a letter saying I should. He just said it looks like you should have, so he gave it to me. I was on the phone less then 5 minutes.
    07-16-09 07:27 AM
    I don't know but I got my $50. I didn't even argue with the guy. I just told him that I should of got the discount because I got a letter saying I should. He just said it looks like you should have, so he gave it to me. I was on the phone less then 5 minutes.
    The letter you got specifically said you get your NE2 credit _AND_ business incentive credit? Usually letters about the NE2 say "cannot be combined with other discounts" or something to that effect. *shrugs* I'm glad you got it though Are you enjoying the Storm at least?
    07-16-09 07:49 AM
    Well I imagine most calls like this are from older people who are tech challenged. So a these old people call in to companies all the time, say when they buy a new PC product such as a printer or some other device. They call in to get help setting it up or troubleshooting their devices. Tons of companies outsource to countries who do not speak English as their first language. These people get angry with these CSRs because they cannot understand them. Then they feel they weren't helped properly and sometimes you just get a noob or amateur or someone who is having a bad day as a CSR and you just get nowhere with them.

People will probably just hold this standard to all CSR calls and think that all companies don't care about them and hence stating comments like, "you probably can't help me." I know when I get a "Engrish" speaking rep, I will either hang up or ask for someone else to talk to. I don't feel like wasting my cell minutes(no house phone) talking to Makmu and having to repeat myself 10 times and having to have him repeat himself 10 times each time.
    VZW doesn't have outsourced call centers. When you call in you are speaking with someone within the U.S. Whether they speak good English or not they are still within the states. I have gotten a few I couldn't understand but that could have been excess ear wax in my ears or the person was chewing ice... I dunno.

You get one or the either... your NE2 discount or your corporate disc. I have never seen a mixed purchase order and in fact our systems won't even populate it.
    07-16-09 07:54 AM
    Larry, For some strange reason i can just picture you as a 3 foot tall person going into a vzw store, stand in the middle of the store, and just keep shouting "I'm Angry!" dunno why, but i picture that result having the same impact as you posting here... nobody cares.

Anyway, to keep posts on topic, if you are a repeat caller, all the system does differently is put in notes saying, not word for word, "This customer is a repeat caller into customer service. review notes and strive for a one call resolution."
    07-16-09 09:41 AM
    Listen.....lol....you won't be the first person who tried to switch to insults because your incapable of forming a clear argument or thought.
    First, 99% of what you end up saying is incoherent.

None of what I discussed or posted about was non sensical or emotional....I simply stated my issues...however I can't say i'm suprised by all the childish antics since none of you "senior" members can swallow any negative comments about VZW. I've had several posts pulled down because I put an executive phone number up.

How would you like it if someone posted all of your contact info online without your consent? Or even, would you ever consent to that? someone saying "Are you angry? call LarryGump at xxx-xxx-xxxx, fax him at either this number or this one! or when all else fails, blow up his email!" thats just eff'ed up on so many levels.

Talk about wanting it both ways.....what I've come to trealize is that certain "members" would like certain sites or forums to be a little boys club were they can flex their online muscle....lmao

I have no problem with someone bashing VZW, as long as they do it in a polite, respectful way. You however, do not.

Honestly and I've said it before.....VZW hands down has the strongest network I've never argued that...Ive also never argued that most of their CSR's are fantastic.....but mark my words on this post this day....VZW IS headed for problems with their market share if they cannot remedy the customer service issues I have been speaking of..... if they continue to allow the attitudes I've seen expressed on this site by VZW employees continue.

Are you saying VZW employees cannot say what they want to while not at work?

Times are tough and people don't have much patience.....each customer interaction is unique and it only takes one to ruin your reputation...I think VZW managment should remember a quote:

Build a thousand wonderful bridges and your still just a man
    But screw up one bridge and your a ****

If you are trying to become an active member in this community, you should be taking your own advice. I think now you have 55 posts, and all 55 have been able to be considered something that can ruin a reputation.

What goes up will come down.....I dont want verizon to fail....I just want them to do there best to correct issues brought to their attention instead of blaming the "stupid" customer....instead blame the dumb*** CSR.

Nobody is insulting customers in that thread that you are talking about. People have brain farts, and if you cant laugh at yourself, then whats the point in being alive.

Thats gonna be a new thread I think.....yes......share all the dumb*** things CSR's have ever told you.

Go for it! will mostly be filled with people saying the rep was dumb, when really they were either misinformed, or are asking for unreasonable requests.
    Last edited by crackalackberry; 07-16-09 at 10:10 AM.
    07-16-09 10:02 AM
    This happens all day! I called to get a replacement for my gf and since I know how they work it should be easy shes got some lg phone simple and clean and CSR can replace this. Button stopped working on the side warranty still covers it lets do this in and out. Stupid lady tells me to ota, soft reset, and go through manual programming. I'm like look lady its not a software issue. Then she tells me to go to a store... At this point I hang up. The next rep was the nicest CSR I have ever dealt with didn't ask questions beyond whats going on? and is it damaged/wet. I loved it I asked for her supe and told them she was the best rep I had talked to hope she got some bonus or kudos or something.
    It all depends on the rep
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 07-16-09 at 10:19 AM.
    07-16-09 10:11 AM
    nice signature you a christian?

No, just pure evil...
    07-16-09 10:38 AM
    Ok if you want to continue this convo, Respond to my PM. otherwise i am done. Hijacking threads is against Crackberry TOS, which you have successfully done.

/finished.
    07-16-09 10:40 AM
    No, just pure evil...
    I like it....
    07-16-09 10:44 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD