07-16-09 10:44 AM
63 123
tools
    I've read somewhere (don't remember where) that continuous and numerous calls to CS is frowned upon. I think I even read that Verizon can monitor how many time you call CS. And the the reason Verizon doesn't like numerous and continuous calls to CS because it costs them money.

Is this true? And... can Verizon do anything to someone who continues to call CS numerous times?
    07-07-09 04:26 PM
    Everytime you call *611 it costs Verizon about $8 a pop. That's alot of wasted money considering most call ins are for things the customer can do on their own via MyVerizon.
    07-07-09 04:29 PM
    How and where would it cost Verizon $8 a pop? And... could they monitor how many times calls were made to CS? And... could they do anything to someone with numerous calls? Like terminate their service?
    07-07-09 04:32 PM
    Everytime you call *611 it costs Verizon about $8 a pop. That's alot of wasted money considering most call ins are for things the customer can do on their own via MyVerizon.
    I would love to know where you got that figure.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 04:50 PM
    I would love to know where you got that figure.......
    So would I, I've heard alot of BS in my time here, but come on man...
    07-07-09 04:52 PM
    I am voting for pulled from where the sun don't shine to make it seem like he knows what he's talking about

07-07-09 04:59 PM
    He isn't far from wrong, gang - not published figures, but internal reports calculated down to the keystroke, the minute, the call, the rep, the customer.

Companies with Bell System roots are very adept at figuring costs.

Back in the early nineties, we used to circulate the accountanting department's figures for AT&T service - last I recall was about $2.85 per minute. Based on the average talk time target of 220 to 280 seconds! A call at that time averaged $10.45 to $13.30 in costs each.

Now we've seen dramatically reduced transmission costs, as VoIP sas supplanted ISDN and channeled T1/T3, but inflation has mostly eaten the savings there.

You have to figure that total employee cost (dramatically higher than hourly wage), building, utilities, taxes, support, infrastructure, supplies, etc and divide the number of CS minutes into it - then you will see that his quote of $8/call is probably low.

Back to the assertion of the OP. Sprint has been documented, reported & recorded cutting off "high-maintenance" customers. A recent rumor has been spread that AT&T & VZW are now doing it - but no proof has been offered up to support these accusations other than chatter that seemingly started on Sprint-centric sites.

So, as of right now, VZW doesn't do it. AT&T doesn't do it. But it is in the Sprint operations policy that they do it. Thousands of customers each year are affected by the practice.

Don't try spreading the lies here.

07-07-09 09:22 PM
    Yup, The $8 is what we are told is the estimated cost per call into cust service...
    07-07-09 09:45 PM
    Yup, The $8 is what we are told is the estimated cost per call into cust service...
    And that would be an average.

Now you people who think the figure was pulled out of someone's poopchute, the average customer calls into any particular customer service
    apx once every 39 months. The figures for cell service is a bit higher, at once per 22 months. So that says the $8 per call is averaged into anywhere from almost two years of service to over 3 years of service. I haven't called for a billing or service issue in close to two years myself.

Too many of you are just abnormal and really need to get a life instead of trying to pick up on carrier reps.

07-07-09 09:58 PM
    Back to the assertion of the OP. Sprint has been documented, reported & recorded cutting off "high-maintenance" customers.
    I've seen the news stories on that. Sad, but can you really blame them? There are so many mentally disjointed cell phone customers who can't read their bills and want to blame their carrier. There are so many misguided customers in need of a life who call their carrier several times per month just to see wheb the next big phone will be released to complete their lousy life. There are so many lonely losers who call their carriers just to chat. At $8 a pop, that starts to add up. A carrier on the ropes the way Sprint is, can't afford this, but these are exactly the kind of customers Sprint attracts.

Quick. Someone call Ripley's. I think I was just sticking up for Sprint.

07-07-09 10:05 PM
    To answer another question the OP posted...

In the account remarks, we often see "this customer has been identified as a repeat caller into customer service."

because of the added cost, that is why verizon strives for a first call resolution.... besides just better cust service... They also track then a new customer calls into customer service, and that impacts one matric they look at for sales reps, if the customer calls in within 3 days of activating service. #1 reason why they call in? how to set up voicemail.
    07-07-09 10:06 PM
    There must be a giant asterisk on my acct. We've had 3 stolen bb's, two warranty claims and a Global Traveler request just in the last week or so. I've talked to VZW CS more than my wife lately... haha
    07-07-09 10:17 PM
    There must be a giant asterisk on my acct. We've had 3 stolen bb's, two warranty claims and a Global Traveler request just in the last week or so. I've talked to VZW CS more than my wife lately... haha
    lol, definately seen worse. a couple weeks ago i pulled up an account with about 4 pages worth of notes within 1 week, was insane. Most of the calls are BS...
    07-07-09 10:19 PM
    Let's see - you're laundering money & fencing phones & you're heading to Sicily, right?

Don't worry about the wife - she doesn't talk much to me either.
    Quick. Someone call Ripley's. I think I was just sticking up for Sprint.
    Don't sweat it - I'll just shoot you the next time I see you.
    #1 reason why they call in? how to set up voicemail.
    That reminds me - just how DO I set up voicemail?

07-07-09 10:36 PM
    out of curiosity how long are the notes kept in there..

I mean if I had a issue 2 years ago and I had to call a a couple times and the issue has long been serviced and problems fixed that crap still in there?
    07-07-09 10:36 PM
    They stay in there as long as the account is active... Say you have been a customer 10 years, i can see the notes added into the account the second it was created
    07-07-09 10:37 PM
    800 numbers are not direct, they are routed to a ringdown number. most call centers run from 8-10 a call, i am callcenter telophony NOC manager and run these numbers alot (number routing+software+hardware+Que equipment=cost. but i do call cs alot if i have an issue it should be fixed no matter what the cost
    07-07-09 10:49 PM
    Telophony?

07-07-09 10:51 PM
    800 numbers are not direct, they are routed to a ringdown number. most call centers run from 8-10 a call, i am callcenter telophony NOC manager and run these numbers alot (number routing+software+hardware+Que equipment=cost. but i do call cs alot if i have an issue it should be fixed no matter what the cost
    I would think a call center manager might know it is "telephony" and "queue."

Unless you meant "WHAT equipment."

[EDIT]Rats. Dad beat me to it.[/EDIT]
    07-07-09 10:54 PM
    oooh sorry i spelled it wrong i usually just type NOC..and i never said i was a call center manager its just the phone thingys I handle
    07-07-09 10:58 PM
    what do you mean re-directed to a ringdown number??? Usually when i call in for a cust i just dial the norm. 1800 number and it goes to the NC call center... every now and then boise
    07-07-09 11:08 PM
    A ringdown number is just a local number the 800 number terminates to...you call 800,866,877 numbers, they go to a switch that then redirects it to another number..you see no change but its all done in the backend switch
    07-07-09 11:12 PM
    I've read somewhere (don't remember where) that continuous and numerous calls to CS is frowned upon. I think I even read that Verizon can monitor how many time you call CS. And the the reason Verizon doesn't like numerous and continuous calls to CS because it costs them money.

Is this true? And... can Verizon do anything to someone who continues to call CS numerous times?
    We could disconnect your account. If you're calling about nothing, or just repeatedly calling over and over and harassing reps we can terminate your service with an ETF. It's in your contract.

However if you have a legitimate issue and it takes more than one call to resolve (which it shouldn't but it does) we're not going to turn you off. Only sprint does that.

out of curiosity how long are the notes kept in there..

I mean if I had a issue 2 years ago and I had to call a a couple times and the issue has long been serviced and problems fixed that crap still in there?
    Forever.
    07-07-09 11:47 PM
    We could disconnect your account. If you're calling about nothing, or just repeatedly calling over and over and harassing reps we can terminate your service with an ETF. It's in your contract.

However if you have a legitimate issue and it takes more than one call to resolve (which it shouldn't but it does) we're not going to turn you off. Only sprint does that.

Forever.
    Well... I have a legitimate issue in which Verizon refuses to help with a solution after denying my BBB complaint. I will call and call again until a reasonable resolution is reached and/or arbitration is finalized. $8 a call should be nothing to a company that charges for everything.
    07-07-09 11:52 PM
    Well... I have a legitimate issue in which Verizon refuses to help with a solution after denying my BBB complaint. I will call and call again until a reasonable resolution is reached and/or arbitration is finalized. $8 a call should be nothing to a company that charges for everything.
    If your BBB complaint was denied that means the company is sticking by its decision. Pretty soon you'll call and get the wrong sup and he'll disconnect your account. I've seen it done.
    07-07-09 11:56 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD