I read some threads that tell you to call CS to get them to increase the number of rings on your phone.

I just got off the phone with Verizon and the customer service rep said that they recently changed their proceedure and that they no longer accomodate requests to change the length of rings before the call goes to voice mail. The lady told me that it is 20 seconds or about 4 rings. They said they used to be able to change it but they no longer have access to that system.

I asked if all the customers that had six or eight rings set up are all now at 4 rings. She said yes.

This is totally unacceptable. I don't think that it is fair that they arbitrarily decide to not allow changes, and that they keep it at 20 seconds which is entirely too short in my opinion.

I have a couple of questions. Is there anyone on Verizon that still has their rings set to more than four? To refute what I was told by the CSM. Is there a work around to increase the number of rings before voice mail?

I am tired of having to race from one room to another in order to not miss my calls. It would also be nice to be able to hear the entire ring tone that I have set up for my callers. I don't think it is too much to ask.

Thank you in advance for your replies.
    10-14-08 09:51 AM
    Call back and talk to someone else. Some CSRs are full of isht.

I asked to talk to a manager in the tech department and she told me the same thing. Whether she was actually a manager or not I don't know.

I guess I could try again if someone here tells me that they were able to get it done recently.
    10-14-08 10:38 AM
    Ok call me crazy, but I just called myself to see how many rings I got. I also have vibrate and ring on so I got more vibrates than rings. My phone got about 4 1/2 rings and it took about 40 seconds before my voicemail picked up. It definitely is not enough rings.

I agree that it depends on who you get on the phone. Some are so great and some just aren't up on their game. It's all a gamble.
    10-14-08 02:35 PM
    Just an update. I called Verizon back and got a different CSR. She said she could change it, but if I move into another zone it might revert back to a different standard depending on the zone I'm in at the time. She changed it to 8 rings but said it isn't guaranteed to stay that way. O-o
    10-14-08 04:30 PM
    Thats there way out of doing it. I recently made the mistake of porting my number out of Verizon to Att (dont ask thats a whole other thread) but I wasnt out for more than 24hrs before I ported back and I had to call CS 3 times till I found some one that could change my # of rings and to remove that annoying beep callers hear when they call you while you are on another call. The first two reps said that there system no longer allowed it and the third rep did it with out a problem.
    03-09-10 02:15 PM
    Are you seriously mad and posting on the internet because your phone doesnt ring more than 4 times?
    03-09-10 03:34 PM
    Are you seriously mad and posting on the internet because your phone doesnt ring more than 4 times?
    It's th VZW forums time of the month I think. This happens once a month for about a week. People come on here with their entitlement issues and there demands and threats to VZW, RIM or whoever and just go on and on and on. Then it stops and everyone is happy again. Wait it out. Eventually people like Ricky and sportsdc and the OP here, dry up and clot away.

Always. Have a happy period.
    03-09-10 04:04 PM
    It's th VZW forums time of the month I think. This happens once a month for about a week. People come on here with their entitlement issues and there demands and threats to VZW, RIM or whoever and just go on and on and on. Then it stops and everyone is happy again. Wait it out. Eventually people like Ricky and sportsdc and the OP here, dry up and clot away.

lol, well said. Exactly what i was thinking. "wahh wahh wahh i want to sue." Be careful though, he might sue you for libel.
    03-09-10 04:07 PM
    This can be done, but it will revert back so it isn't supported.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 04:10 PM
    03-09-10 04:26 PM
    What tsguy said. It can be changed but it will just revert back next time you re-program your phone, change your esn, or move to a different switch.
    03-09-10 05:17 PM
    03-09-10 05:20 PM
    HA! I love this!
    03-12-10 04:15 AM
    The length of time a device rings, before forwarding to Voice Mail or the Caller Unavailable message, is 30 seconds. This is a standard time frame and cannot be changed.
    03-12-10 11:40 PM

See now everyone's gone, the cycle's over...for now.
    03-15-10 04:08 PM
    Seriously?
    03-15-10 09:43 PM
    Changing the rings messes with the vm platform. It shouldn't be changed.
    03-16-10 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD