10-25-09 10:21 PM
68 123
tools
    What's up with all the n00bs starting flame wars in the VZW forum anyway? Sit back children and relax for a while.. most people here aren't your average dumbass from another forum like.... Storm2 perhaps?
    10-24-09 12:27 PM
    LOL. Ah, arguing with the rabble; always a treat. Have you ever been to small claims court? Here in CA you don't need to submit anything with a small claims complaint. And you can't "send a motion to dismiss," you have to show up. And even if all that were true, you'd argue that the mandatory arbitration part of the contract is unconscionable. It wouldn't get that far though.
    Of course, because California is the "sue me" state!
    10-24-09 04:02 PM
    Mandatory arbitration = unconscionable? Where? The point of arbitration is to get the parties to a place where they are both comfortable with the outcome, to keep spurious claims from clogging the courts, and to save money. How do any of those precepts rise to being unconscionable?
    Read my new sig

I've learned to follow my prof's advice and not debate law with non-lawyers, especially on the internet. Sorry I got temporarily pulled into this one. I wanted to let the OP know what I would do to get my ETF back. Of course there are no guarantees, but I've sued and been sued in small claims court and elsewhere and think he/she would have a good shot at getting the ETF back, if his/her courts are anything like CA courts.

That's all I'll say on the topic.
    10-24-09 04:47 PM
    What's up with all the n00bs starting flame wars in the VZW forum anyway? Sit back children and relax for a while.. most people here aren't your average dumbass from another forum like.... Storm2 perhaps?
    You can tell they are n00b kids, too, by their extreme short-sightedness.

Let's just say Hairball is correct, for a moment.

ETF=$175 max

Small claims court fees=$25-$100

Possible parking fees of $3/hour.

Time away from work.

Time, travel & effort=$???

Neither the latest Crapberry, nor $175 is worth an hour of my time, much less the credit ding & the fees. It certainly isn't worth the hit on my reputation or integrity to break an agreement I made.

This is an obvious difference between responsible adults & n00b kids who think they know everything, but first need to get out from their parent's basements.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 05:46 PM
    You reap what you sow.

When the regular VZW forum "experts" attempt to marginalize other members with derogatory terms when they have the audacity to question them, you get flak.

When the same experts go ad-hominem when they don't have a factual leg to stand on, you get flak.

When the "experts" go ad-hominem and are proven wrong, instead of sacking up and admitting they they were wrong, they disappear into the weeds.

If questioning the "experts" = starting a flame war then you are correct.
    10-24-09 10:23 PM
    You reap what you sow.

When the regular VZW forum "experts" attempt to marginalize other members with derogatory terms when they have the audacity to question them, you get flak.

When the same experts go ad-hominem when they don't have a factual leg to stand on, you get flak.

When the "experts" go ad-hominem and are proven wrong, instead of sacking up and admitting they they were wrong, they disappear into the weeds.

If questioning the "experts" = starting a flame war then you are correct.
    When did I ever use derogatory words in this thread (except referring to the kids in Storm2 forum who act like their 12)? What facts have I not provided that would help you better understand? When was I ever proven wrong?

lol.. what do you know anyway? I deal with hundreds of cases each week related to conversion and have been for the past few months. So what do you bring to this equation. That's right - nothing.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 10-24-09 at 10:36 PM.
    10-24-09 10:34 PM
    When did I ever use derogatory words in this thread (except referring to the kids in Storm2 forum who act like their 12)? What facts have I not provided that would help you better understand? When was I ever proven wrong?

lol.. what do you know anyway? I deal with hundreds of cases each week related to conversion and have been for the past few months. So what do you bring to this equation. That's right - nothing.

Marginalizing statement

The "you" was aimed at the forum "experts" . Are you guilty of all? Perhaps not.

"Sit back children" is darn arrogant as well. I missed that in my reap/sow post.
    10-24-09 11:06 PM
    but honestly who cares? The "people" here are just words on a screen, they can be silenced forever (as far as I'm concerned) with a few mouse clicks. If you're getting riled up over any behavior, you're taking the internet too seriously.

For example, I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread, ignore a couple of the lamers, and will never have to deal with this issue or those '***** again ever.

If only the rest of my life could be so easy.
    10-24-09 11:10 PM
    Marginalizing statement

The "you" was aimed at the forum "experts" . Are you guilty of all? Perhaps not.

"Sit back children" is darn arrogant as well. I missed that in my reap/sow post.
    I'm sorry - normally when you quote someone's post and then follow it up with "you reap what you sow" - you mean that person you quoted.

lol you may want to grow some thicker skin and not let things bother you so much..
    10-24-09 11:11 PM
    These kids are on their first smartphone & think they can prove things to the people who have been in the industry for decades.

Actually, they only have a severe need to prove something, without regard to being correct. They don't care if they are right or wrong, as long as they are perceived as winning.

You have proven nothing, Ox - except how far out on the edge you are.

When tsguy52 posts something, people listen. When you post something, people snicker.
    10-24-09 11:30 PM
    Oh, please tell us again how Verizon doesn't enter into premium agreements.

That was a good one.
    10-24-09 11:46 PM

That was a good one.
    They don't & you're misled, ignorant or nave.

And yes, I am snickering at you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 11:53 PM
    Yeah, the whole dev/marketing page tree and press release thing were fabricated.
    10-25-09 12:20 AM
    Yeah, the whole dev/marketing page tree and press release thing were fabricated.
    REGARDLESS OF ANY POSTING OF BS - the problem the OP is having is a common ALLTEL related problem. It has always been an ALLTEL problem. The POS phone is connecting to the internet randomly or intentionally. END. OF. STORY.
    10-25-09 12:27 AM

That was a good one.
    Are you really this misinformed or are you faking it? I think you are faking it because I don't think it is possible to be that misinformed.
    10-25-09 02:37 AM
    Not sure of the credibility of the site but doesn't look like I am the only one being charged mysteriously for this number

(777) 000-0001 / 7770000001
    This is what Diane said from the posted link, does this make any sense to anybody?

Just got my first Verizon bill and found the strange number 7770000001 on one of our cell phone lines 403 times and was billed .40 a min for 121 of the data calls. Verizon was of no help.
    I did some of my own deducting and decided the phone was somehow dialing out 24hrs a day on its own. I checked this phone and noticed an email application. I beleive the phone was dialing out and updating emails all day and night long. I deledted the accounts that were listed in the email application at 5pm 8/31.....Checked the usage for that line on verizon website (which had already accumulated 117 min of data calls) this morning and low and behold the data calls stopped at 4:51p last night. I hope the problem is solved.
    10-25-09 10:49 AM
    Makes complete sense... and is pretty much what I had said earlier about email being a potential cause...

From Alltel you got charged data calls, which took 1 minute each away of your bucket of minutes. With this customer, 121 minutes were being billed as overage at .40/minute....

She was correct about it being emails... and the data calls will stop...

If only all customers were this resourceful..
    10-25-09 01:31 PM
    As far as 'early outs' go.. you can always cancel, pay the $150 or whatever ETF, then sue 'em in small claims court. Likely they won't send anyone to the hearing and if you present even a slightly believable argument you'll win. Then you send 'em the judgment and they send you a check. If not, you get the sheriff to go into a local Verizon store and do a "till tap" whereby they take any money that customers pay until they reach the $150 + sheriff fees. It's fun. Lots of time but fun.
    Too funny for words.

Driving home from evening services - most people here know I love talk radio - Bill Handel was on. The local affiliate plays his recorded legal advice show on Sunday.

Caller on the air asking about his cell carrier being bought by another (VZW maybe? Don't know, because it wasn't mentioned) & service levels had dropped, plus some previously unseen charges. Guy asked if he could get out of his contract.

Handel asked if the guy still had service - yes, was the answer, but there were some problems in the transition. Didn't matter, according to old Bill.

Guy then asked if he could sue the carrier to keep them from billing the cancellation fees. Handel replied that, of course he could sue - anyone can sue for nearly anything - but he didn't stand a chance in a suit & that carriers do fight these actions - they have armies of underworked legal types on the payroll, after all. Then he went into a little diatribe about the costs of legal action & time spent versus any potential payback. Handel said it would be ridiculous to try and if the guy was so unhappy, to pay the fee & get on with his life.

It was a call tailor-made for this discussion.

And, for the record, Handel is a California attorney & has been for several decades.

People can scream, yell & cry for legal action - but how many thousands of dollars in money & time are you stupid enough to spend to (possibly) save $175 (or less)?
    10-25-09 10:21 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD