10-25-09 10:21 PM
68 123
tools
    I was looking on the VZW site and noticed that there is a weird number showing on my son's phone, 7770000001. Doing a quick search on google i found that this is a number that is used when sending/receiving pics. It uses 1 minute of data for every pic. I never noticed this while i was on Alltel. If there is unlimited txt messaging shouldn't this be free instead of using minutes? Could this be the way out of contract as well?
    10-22-09 01:03 PM
    I was looking on the VZW site and noticed that there is a weird number showing on my son's phone, 7770000001. Doing a quick search on google i found that this is a number that is used when sending/receiving pics. It uses 1 minute of data for every pic. I never noticed this while i was on Alltel. If there is unlimited txt messaging shouldn't this be free instead of using minutes? Could this be the way out of contract as well?
    Please.......
    10-22-09 01:21 PM
    If you are on a Nationwide plan it does not use airtime. If you are on America's Choice it does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 01:25 PM
    If you are on a Nationwide plan it does not use airtime. If you are on America's Choice it does.

On Alltel i received unlimited messaging (txt or MMS) at not additional charge. Now with VZW it is charging 1-2 minutes per pic message. This is a change and if so should be open to an early out.

On the phone with VZW now and she is stating she cannot see current usage only billed usage.

Will update when i know more but if anyone knows anything please let me (and the crackberry community) know.

THX
    10-22-09 01:31 PM
    VZW itemizes everything - but look at the total. I see multiple entries on my bill that don't show in the bottom line.

Also, the contract only covers voice minutes - texting/data charges are not part of the contract, so even if it changed to $1 per, that is not an out.
    10-22-09 01:43 PM
    VZW itemizes everything - but look at the total. I see multiple entries on my bill that don't show in the bottom line.

Also, the contract only covers voice minutes - texting/data charges are not part of the contract, so even if it changed to $1 per, that is not an out.
    Since it is all itemized i was able to add up minutes not used on this number and add up total minutes used and subtract them an there is a differnce
    10-22-09 02:16 PM
    Also sms and mms are two completly different features. If you have unlimited texting it doesnt mean you have unlimited pix messaging. You may want to make sur that they have both on your account.
    10-22-09 02:18 PM
    Good Luck. This is by no means a way for you to avoid ETF. Like Twins said, your contract is only relevant to voice charges. All other portions can be added removed. Buy a messaging plan so you can avoid added charges and quit looking for a way to beat the system. The system always wins.
    10-22-09 02:24 PM
    Good Luck. This is by no means a way for you to avoid ETF. Like Twins said, your contract is only relevant to voice charges. All other portions can be added removed. Buy a messaging plan so you can avoid added charges and quit looking for a way to beat the system. The system always wins.
    Not trying to beat the system and as for your comment about buying a messaging plan I do have one with unlimited messaging read where i stated that prior.
    10-22-09 02:30 PM
    Not trying to beat the system and as for your comment about buying a messaging plan I do have one with unlimited messaging read where i stated that prior.
    What you should do is call 611 & ask them. It could be an error, a misunderstanding or an oversight pertaining to the merger.

They can fix, explain or change things to suit.

10-22-09 02:37 PM
    What you should do is call 611 & ask them. It could be an error, a misunderstanding or an oversight pertaining to the merger.

They can fix, explain or change things to suit.

Just got off the phone with 611. First the lady tried to say that it was my son accessing the internet with it. I explained that there is times when he is at school and the phone is left at home. She next wanted to blame it on software corruption. I explained it has only started as soon as VZW picked up the Alltel Billing. She stated that we are still on the Alltel network for voice and data just on the VZW for billing. She acknowledge the charges but says there is nothing new being billed even know this is a new charge, but in the same breathe saying its wasn't being charged and while still in the same breathe saying we are being charged data minutes.
    10-22-09 02:43 PM
    Not sure of the credibility of the site but doesn't look like I am the only one being charged mysteriously for this number

(777) 000-0001 / 7770000001
    10-22-09 02:47 PM
    Dun dun dun

It's another VZW conspiracy
    10-22-09 02:50 PM
    This has happened to my dads phone as well. In which they said he was accessing the internet, mind you that his phone doesn't even have the ability. Then they said you must be downloading ringtones which was not the case. It took a little bit of arguing but they finaly took off the charges off.

This happened out of no where. And iv been a VZW custo for three years.

10-22-09 02:59 PM
    Just got off the phone with 611. First the lady tried to say that it was my son accessing the internet with it. I explained that there is times when he is at school and the phone is left at home. She next wanted to blame it on software corruption. I explained it has only started as soon as VZW picked up the Alltel Billing. She stated that we are still on the Alltel network for voice and data just on the VZW for billing. She acknowledge the charges but says there is nothing new being billed even know this is a new charge, but in the same breathe saying its wasn't being charged and while still in the same breathe saying we are being charged data minutes.
    If he is at school, and the phone is at home, how is he sending and receiving picture messages? I guess you could receive but sending?

The number is for data. How that bills depends on your plan which still hasn't been disclosed.

Your original post specifically says you have unlimited txt so if you want any help I'd suggest dropping the attitude.

10-22-09 02:59 PM
    ha ha ha.

If you have unlimited messaging you arent being charged anything additional. It shows on the bill just like mobile to mobile calls do. Those dont go against your minutes but yet you probably have 3 pages of those. You arent complaining about those now are you?
    10-22-09 03:11 PM
    If he is at school, and the phone is at home, how is he sending and receiving picture messages? I guess you could receive but sending?

The number is for data. How that bills depends on your plan which still hasn't been disclosed.

Your original post specifically says you have unlimited txt so if you want any help I'd suggest dropping the attitude.

You know what Vatothe0 you are right. I was upset after just getting off the phone with VZW and i apologize. You are right if he is away from his phone he can't send but it doesn't stop people from sending.

My plan break down is
    450 shared anytime minutes
    2 lines
    My Circle 10 +1 extra
    Unlimited messaging on both phones
    Unlimited data on my BB
    7pm Nights and weekends with both phones

With Alltel there was never any minutes used for receiving pix. Someone stated that Early Outs would only happen with changes to voices. This does change the voice as now I will have less minutes to use for voice. With Alltel I had 450 minutes of voice, now with VZW I have 450 minutes minus any minutes used for pix
    10-22-09 03:28 PM
    Totally off topic but I can't stand when people spell "breath" as "breathe". They are two different words. Anyway, hope you get your billing problem figured out.

10-22-09 03:37 PM
    Alltel accounts before being converted charged minutes of use for data as well, except for BB or data plans. You will continue to have your data deducted as minutes of use. Nothing changed. If you want out, move to Afganistan, you’ll be out of the VZW footprint.
    10-22-09 03:56 PM
    What the issue usually is in this scenario...

Is that line is subscribed to mobile e-mail, which will search for new e-mails every pre-set period of time....

Or celltop... which will refresh itself every pre-set period of times...

Guarantee its one of these two...

No errors... Other than your own....

And your still gonna be under contract...
    10-22-09 06:44 PM
    What the issue usually is in this scenario...

Is that line is subscribed to mobile e-mail, which will search for new e-mails every pre-set period of time....

Or celltop... which will refresh itself every pre-set period of times...

Guarantee its one of these two...

No errors... Other than your own....

And your still gonna be under contract...
    There is no email setup on this but it could be the Celltop. Is there any way to turn it off?
    10-22-09 07:04 PM
    Well... Turn the updates to manual...
    10-22-09 08:50 PM
    Not sure of the credibility of the site but doesn't look like I am the only one being charged mysteriously for this number

(777) 000-0001 / 7770000001

OMG could this be the phone dialing #777??? as in ACCESSING the internet????

Just something I noticed... maybe not... its late and I'm getting cross eyed.
    10-23-09 12:00 AM
    With Alltel there was never any minutes used for receiving pix. Someone stated that Early Outs would only happen with changes to voices. This does change the voice as now I will have less minutes to use for voice. With Alltel I had 450 minutes of voice, now with VZW I have 450 minutes minus any minutes used for pix
    I can assure you this is how Alltel was billing you. As a previous Alltel rep I know exactly what you are looking at.

You have unlimited SMS/MMS, but not a data feature. If no data feature, then you get charged based on Minutes of Use (MOU).

MMS requires a data connection and this connection comes with a price. Just as mobile web costs a flat rate, but accessing it will cost you in MOU or MB without having Data Axcess Minutes (old Alltel feature).

No billing error. Get a Connect Pack 3 if you want to avoid these minutes used or a Connect Pack 1 if you have unlimited messaging with your family plan.

Proof? VZW charges per MB and not per minutes used while accessing data. So it was migrated over from Alltel.

You are just now noticing because you took the time to look through detailed billing. Did you ever do this with Alltel? Want to stop these charges? Add a 1X Block to the account and this will prevent your son from accessing any data connection.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 10-23-09 at 12:47 AM.
    10-23-09 12:44 AM
    Well....

The OP did say that these data calls were occuring when his/her son was at school....

Now I'm not entirely certain about this, but I believe the user has to retrieve an MMS with w dumb phone for the data call to occur. Though I'm pretty sure there are auto retrieve options...

Either way, he would have to be getting several MMS, consistently, for this to be causing an issue...

My money is still on mobile e-mail or Cellop, which for the most part is free, but there is a message you get the first time you access it that says airtime charges may occur...

Either way, user error, and definitely not something that just started with the Verizon/Alltel merger (everyone's scapegoat)...

And to the OP: It probably would have been better if you didn't include the part about this being a way out of your contract... Because now you've made yourself out to be someone looking for an easy out... As opposed to someone looking for a resolution to a real issue....
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 10-23-09 at 02:00 AM.
    10-23-09 01:55 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD