I have noticed some Curves have a green LED notifier for email etc. Yet mine is Red.

For some reason I would prefer a red LED for notification or even the ability to choose. Green for email, Red for Voice mail etc.

My questions are:

1. Is the LED red because the is a VZW phone? my comparison LED which is green is on a AT&T curve

2. Is there a way to program the LED color to my needs? Green for Email, Red for Voicemail etc.

Thanks in advance for your crack advice!
    01-13-09 03:04 PM
    The default led color is Red. You can change the led color of Emails, SMS, & MMS messages by using a 3rd party app.
    They were probably using PeeKaWho, Aerize Email Alerts, or BlackBerry Alerts.

I have PeeKaWho installed on my BlackBerry. It gives me the option to change the led color, notify me of a new message with a pop window, and other cool features. I still prefer to keep my LED red. It's not as bright as the other colors.
    01-13-09 03:23 PM
    I have noticed some Curves have a green LED notifier for email etc. Yet mine is Red.

For some reason I would prefer a red LED for notification or even the ability to choose. Green for email, Red for Voice mail etc.

My questions are:

1. Is the LED red because the is a VZW phone? my comparison LED which is green is on a AT&T curve

2. Is there a way to program the LED color to my needs? Green for Email, Red for Voicemail etc.

Thanks in advance for your crack advice!
    I've never looked into controlling the light via third party, but the green light you saw was likely because they person had their coverage indicator on. I have Verizon and I can turn it on if I want where it constantly blinks green unless I have a message. Personally it would drive me nuts.
    01-13-09 03:29 PM
    Yes - base VZW is green with red when new messages are present.

Dark room can make either color a distraction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 03:38 PM
    You should definitley check out the BlackBerry Alerts application. It allows you to make a custom color for the LED, fantastic app...
    01-13-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD