How do i get my phone switch to where i get notification of new Verizon OS's instead of Altell?? I went on today for the fun of it and entered in my PIN #. It's still looking for AlTell updates not verizon. What do i need to do to get this change???
    11-23-09 03:00 PM
    Your phone is an alltel device therfore it will look for alltel upgrades. I believe you would need to switch to get the vzw updates pushed.
    11-23-09 03:07 PM
    I believe he is talking about the emails? Not the ota updates option. If so, I imagine you would have to download a verizon os load it on the phone after removing the vendor file of course. Then sign up for new updates through your desktop manager.

Haven't done this myself but it seems logical...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 11:57 PM
    Well i stop in at the local Verizon store on the way home. They told me i would have to upgrade my phone to a verizon phone in order for me to get Verizon updates. Then of course he proceeded to tell me I'm able to upgrade now even knowing it's not tell April. Something about how I'm the main line and I can update annually, did quit understand it all. Anyways, don't have the money to do that right now. So I'm going to call Tech this morning and see what they have to say. O also, by me downloading non verizon updates i void my warranty, catch 22 you know....
    11-24-09 06:38 AM
    You don't have to download a non verizon os just get the latest one for verizon. Download and sign up for the notifications again...does verizon not have the model?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 04:18 PM
    In order for me to get notification of verizon updates i have to have a Verizon phone. Verizon does have my phone but, since my phone a altell phone, I'm crap out of luck until i upgrade
    11-25-09 06:25 AM
    Keep an eye on Alltel Downloads for updates for your phone.
    11-25-09 07:17 AM
    I was told no more updates under the Altel flag
    11-25-09 10:31 AM
    I was told no more updates under the Altel flag
    Well there's still that part of Alltel that is divested and some areas that have not converted just yet (known as hold back markets).

Either way it will just direct you to the BB site to update your software.
    11-25-09 11:09 AM
    Thats interesting to hear. The Verizon pep's need to get there stories right
    11-25-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD