1. iLive an iLife's Avatar
    Ok, between my Storm 2 kicking the bucket and Verizon changing their upgrade policies, I need some help.

    Since I am an existing customer, I can cash in on one last annual upgrade in April or a NE2 in December. Since my Storm 2 died on New Years's Eve (at 11:00 am, it didn't even get to celebrate New Year haha), I'm trying to figure out what my best approach is.

    1) If I cash in the annual upgrade in April, can I sign a 1 year contract (I guess, technically, I would be extending my contract - even if it's just a few days or a couple weeks)? I think I'd like to start sticking with 1 year contracts.

    2) If I have to sign up for a 2 year contract with the annual upgrade, my other option would be to open a new line on my family plan, pick out the phone I want, ESN swap and put a dumbphone on the new line? I'd sign up for a 1 year contract and cancel it the following year (this would also preserve the upgrade on my original line, right?).

    If anyone can please advise on the best/most cost effective way to move forward, I'd appreciate it!
    01-12-11 08:12 PM
  2. markhunsaker's Avatar
    Ok, between my Storm 2 kicking the bucket and Verizon changing their upgrade policies, I need some help.

    Since I am an existing customer, I can cash in on one last annual upgrade in April or a NE2 in December. Since my Storm 2 died on New Years's Eve (at 11:00 am, it didn't even get to celebrate New Year haha), I'm trying to figure out what my best approach is.

    1) If I cash in the annual upgrade in April, can I sign a 1 year contract (I guess, technically, I would be extending my contract - even if it's just a few days or a couple weeks)? I think I'd like to start sticking with 1 year contracts.

    2) If I have to sign up for a 2 year contract with the annual upgrade, my other option would be to open a new line on my family plan, pick out the phone I want, ESN swap and put a dumbphone on the new line? I'd sign up for a 1 year contract and cancel it the following year (this would also preserve the upgrade on my original line, right?).

    If anyone can please advise on the best/most cost effective way to move forward, I'd appreciate it!
    I would add a line and drop a dumb phone on that line and cancel down the road. Than you wont burn your normal upgrade. You'll maintain your NE2 and have a nice new phone to play with! That is what i have done in the past and would recommend.
    01-12-11 11:31 PM
  3. Super_Mario's Avatar
    Either option is fine. I prefer one year contracts myself because I like to change phones so often.
    01-13-11 12:02 AM
  4. iLive an iLife's Avatar
    Either option is fine. I prefer one year contracts myself because I like to change phones so often.
    I have a couple questions for you Supermario:

    1) Can I sign up for a one year contract on an annual upgrade?

    2) What's the standard NE2 discount if you wait until 20 months? I'm trying to figure out what the best way to go about this is.

    Thanks for the help (I'll give you a proper "thanks" after your post)!
    01-13-11 06:42 PM
  5. Super_Mario's Avatar
    I answered you in th PM you sent.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 07:21 PM
  6. ibanez37's Avatar
    You cannot do a 1 year contract on an annual upgrade. Also, your NE2 will depend on your pricing as well as the last time you redeemed your NE2. Could be $30, $50 or $100. You'll probably have to call in to double check this.
    01-15-11 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD