I want to get my first blackberry but i dont know what to do. I dont think that the storm is the right for me, the fact that it is full touch screen with no physical key board is what makes me think that it isnt for me, i could be wrong so trying it out wouldnt hurt but i dont know. Now for the curve, its what im looking for in a device but compaired to the devices that are rumored to be coming out in the near future it seems outdated, am i wrong in thinking that? i need some advice from someone who has expierence with blackberries since in new to them. thanks in advance
    02-04-09 02:09 PM
    Curve is a good proven device. The bold will be coming but you will be waiting a bit for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 02:12 PM
    Bold will come out in a while but the Curve is a good solid blackberry. It was the best for a long time. Honestly it is still up there especially as an entry blackberry.
    02-04-09 02:13 PM
    I loved my curve. I only got the storm because I am a tech geek and love new gadgets. Even when the new devices come out, the Curve really wont be that outdated.

You really have to make a commitment to enjoy the storm lol...
    02-06-09 09:46 AM
    i have a curve and i am completely in love with it..i had a full touch screen phone for awhile (lg dare) and found it wasn't for me, i was getting a replacement every month due to all the glitches (not sure if that's how it is with all touchscreens) but the full touchscreen can be finicky (at times), regardless what phone it is and i was soo scared of scratching the screen, even with the screen protectors..i would suggest the curve, it's an all around excellent phone, i don't have one complaint..BUT do your research and see if theres a phone you really want coming out in the near future so you don't spend your money on something you don't really want..good luck
    02-06-09 02:22 PM
    Curve is a good proven device. The bold will be coming but you will be waiting a bit for it.

I have to agree the curve is a darn good bb ... it does alot (depending on what you need)
    also when the bold does arrive you might be able to do an early upgrade (depends on ya plan)
    02-06-09 10:15 PM
    The curve is a great phone. Its a good reliable phone that will serve you well. All the features you need and good product reliability.
    02-07-09 11:47 AM
    Agreed. The Curve is a great phone with a lot of terrific features. It's also reasonably easy to learn to use, and indispensable once you get the hang of it.
    02-07-09 09:27 PM
    I agree with all the posts above, and just to add, what's new today is old tomorrow. Its technology, it will always change, something better will always come out. As long as you are happy with what you have it won't matter what new comes out.

That's my $.02 on it.

02-07-09 09:34 PM
    I have a problem with freezing. So far it seems to be contained with brickbreaker. I actually deleted the software out of shear frustration. The only way I could get the game back was to download the desktop manager for windows and I'm a MAC user. So I did and got the game back and now it freezes. I'm sure this could be due to the fact that I am a MAC user and RIM does not have a desktop manager for MAC (thanks a bunch). So I donwloaded windows program.
    How can I fix this?

04-24-09 05:33 PM
    I was there about a month ago. Chose a storm and I love it especially the huge screen. Good luck.
    04-24-09 05:55 PM
    I have the curve right now and i absolutely love it. I have used two touch screen phones previously (the samsung glyde and the lg dare) and i was not to pleased with them. Its hard to text in a hurry with a touch screen and there is a large margin for error with them. Though I've had no actual use of a storm, i really recommend a curve. If you're worried about being stylish, try the bold!
    04-24-09 06:01 PM
    I think the biggest difference in the Storm and Curve is the keyboard. If you are comfortable typing without a real keyboard then you will be fine. I prefer the Curve's physical keyboard.
    04-24-09 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD