41 64.06%
  • Pearl

1 1.56%
  • Storm

22 34.38%
03-29-09 09:58 PM
27 12
tools
    Hey guys. I've never had a blackberry so I am not sure which one I should get. I would be using it mostly for e-mail and websites for my job (I'm a real estate agent). I have heard mixed things about the Curve, Pearl and Storm which are the ones I am choosing from. Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated.
    02-18-09 03:01 PM
    Thanks for voting on the poll. Can you guys tell me why youpicked which phones you did?
    02-18-09 07:14 PM
    curve, easier to type emails in my opinion.
    02-18-09 09:08 PM
    Curve. Had Pearl and 8830, and only played with the Storm. The Curve is a great phone, and it would be the best choice out of all of those.
    02-18-09 09:11 PM
    You should stop in and try out all of them, get a feel for what they can do. They are all great!
    02-18-09 09:13 PM
    Curve - easiest to use, most functional.
    02-18-09 09:33 PM
    I say the curve all the way ...and thats the model that seems to be winning the polls at this time
    but i say get what works for you and what you like
    02-18-09 09:39 PM
    Curve has a full qwerty keyboard. Not a fan of software keyboard so the storm was out. Personally not a fan of the Pearl keyboard.

Only left me with the Curve or 8830 to choose from and didn't need a world phone.
    02-18-09 09:40 PM
    Pearlie. Or, wait for the VZW version of the Bold. I can't really do the full touchscreen devices. I have to have a keyboard for typing.
    02-18-09 09:42 PM
    Curve all the way best BB for email and text hands down.
    02-18-09 09:49 PM
    Curve all the way best BB for email and text hands down.
    I agree ..some ppl may type fast on a touch screen but i think it may be a whole lot faster with some keys
    02-18-09 09:54 PM
    There is no way that I could type anywhere near as fast on the Storm as I can on my Curve. No way.
    02-18-09 10:40 PM
    if ur starting from point A with no blackberry and are starting a new contract, just go with the latest tech which is the storm. I know there's typing issues and I personally don't like it myself. But it does have unlocked GPS, a larger screen for web pages not to mention the resolution, and its rev A which makes it faster.

The texting is pretty bad when I played with it but hey, as much as I love my curve, I cant see myself doing it all over again in this current time.

The optimal choice however would be to wait for the CDMA bold! I think thats going to be the true gem! If u can wait that long or get a used curve on ebay or somethin in the meantime.
    02-18-09 10:48 PM
    i'd definitely say go in there and try it out for yourself. which blackberry you'll like will depend on your personality and your lifestyle.

in short though, the storm is brand new, i hear there are some bugs still on it, but i'm sure it's nothing rim can't work out in the future. the curve is a solid phone with a stable OS and full qwerty keyboard, and the pearl is a great smaller pocketable device if that's what you're looking for

good luck!
    02-18-09 11:39 PM
    The Curve, its has a great keyboard and soo many kool features, (especially setting up work email accts) its an overall great type to get, in my opinion. I have the Curve 8900, freakin awesome!!!
    03-26-09 02:33 PM
    This is a no brainer. The storm has double the screen size, newest technology, touch screen and it looks cool! The curve is a great phone, I had one, but the storm is the way the way to go.
    03-27-09 07:53 PM
    The curve is more of a 'business' phone- where as the Storm is more 'leisure' imo. I've played with the storm but don't know if I wuld switch from my curve to it-i really enjoy the curve-altho I'm not a business working person-i just have it for my 'leisure!' Lol good luck in which ever u choose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 10:10 PM
    The curve is more of a 'business' phone- where as the Storm is more 'leisure' imo. I've played with the storm but don't know if I wuld switch from my curve to it-i really enjoy the curve-altho I'm not a business working person-i just have it for my 'leisure!' Lol good luck in which ever u choose.
    I wouldn't even say business/leisure. It is more like function/form. The Curve is built for function, while the Storm is form. I think of it as the BMW phenomenon.

A few years back, BMW brought out something they called iDrive. It was a single knob/joystick thing on the center console that was supposed to reduce clutter & simplify the driving experience. The thing was so maddening (why must I go through a menu to adjust the A/C temp or adjust the radio?) that many turned their noses up. What was wrong with the intuitive knobs I had before?

The Storm is that way. Like BMW, RIM gave up function and simplicity to do the same things we had before.

When it came time to buy a new car, BMW lost my business. If the poorly designed & conceived Storm was the only BlackBerry I had to choose from, I'd do WinMo or (gasp) iPhone.

The Storm is simply a stupid product aimed primarily at those who were not core BlackBerry users; an attempt to take thunder away from the iPhone. BlackBerry users chose BlackBerry because of simplicity and reliability, two things the Storm sorely lacks and the Curve has in spades.

They might improve the OS to make it reliable, but to make it simple would require a complete redesign - something along the lines of the Niagara.

I am sorry, but in my mind, the Storm, like the Pearl, are not real BlackBerrys. They were created to appeal to soccer moms & teeny boppers.

03-27-09 10:25 PM
    You know I got my curve knowing that the strom was coming out.
    I think it is a total personal preferance kind of thing picking between
    the three phones.

Pearl is great if you want something smaller, the sure type actually makes it
    faster to type texts and emails once you get used to it.
    Curve is great if you want a full keyboard and larger screen.
    Storm is great if you are into the touch screen kind of thing and or you want/
    need an international phone. You can also have the sure type or full keyboard
    on the Strom and that is nice.

Most of my friends have pearls and there are days when I play with theirs
    and the typing seems so much faster and it fits better in the pocket.
    Playing with the storm is fun, the touch screen.
    But I love my curve, the size is ok and I love my full keyboard and the screen.
    Last edited by sreneel77; 03-27-09 at 11:03 PM.
    03-27-09 10:58 PM
    the curve is a very good device but thats only my preference
    03-27-09 11:26 PM
    Curve,curve,curve

03-29-09 05:35 PM
    You didn't say if you were a female, but I assume you're not so the Pearl is out. The Storm? Seriously? You haven't read anything on it huh?

Go with the Curve bub.
    03-29-09 05:37 PM
    Curve all the way man...
    03-29-09 05:39 PM
    Lets Face It The Curve Rules.
    03-29-09 07:58 PM
    For your use as you describe I can't imagine you being disappointed with the performance of the Curve. It just works.
    03-29-09 09:22 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD