09-11-10 12:43 AM
58 123
tools
    Good point...I was going to say the same thing until I saw you beat me to it

That's like saying "all gas stations use the same gas, out of the same tankers, they just drive around from Exxon to Texaco to Shell and fill their tanks up, but I get the best performance out of Shell gasoline." HUH? LOL!

Umm.....something doesn't sound right. If Sprint uses Verizon towers how can you get service and your friends with Verizon can't?

Just seems funny to me.
    09-10-10 03:17 PM
    Clever analogy, but I really can't agree with the "seen the light" reference. As a long time VZW customer and BB user, I don't think I'm failing to see "the light" because I choose to stay with both.
    Sorry, EnergyPlus... I was just joking about the red eye that you see on Verizon commericals when they advertise the Droid. I should have been more clear, since that saying, "seen the light", refers to a different meaning.
    09-10-10 05:48 PM
    Good point...I was going to say the same thing until I saw you beat me to it

That's like saying "all gas stations use the same gas, out of the same tankers, they just drive around from Exxon to Texaco to Shell and fill their tanks up, but I get the best performance out of Shell gasoline." HUH? LOL!
    Stay away from people who buy the cheap gas, because they will sell you this argument all day! It all comes from the same place according to them!
    09-10-10 05:49 PM
    good point...i was going to say the same thing until i saw you beat me to it

that's like saying "all gas stations use the same gas, out of the same tankers, they just drive around from exxon to texaco to shell and fill their tanks up, but i get the best performance out of shell gasoline." huh? Lol!
    lmao.......
    09-10-10 06:30 PM
    I realize we digress, but I think the original point of this thread has been beat to death already, lol. Yeah, I hear that all the time and always wondered until I was actually able to confirm that there is at least some truth to it. No, the same tanker doesn't hit all the major brands, but it does a few. Still, I would for the longest time, only buy name brand. Until pricing climbed over $2.50 a gallon and then I found myself buying from "Brand B." I won't go to Brand C for sure, but I've not seen much difference with the A over the B. Of course, I don't drive a muscle car, either, so that may be the difference. The 87 Octane I get works just fine, no pinging or knocking. Gotta wonder sometimes, about all the so-called "secret ingredients!"

BTW, your reference to "seeing the light" really is true for some. If you don't see things their way, then you're obviously "not seeing the light." Sad, but true.

Stay away from people who buy the cheap gas, because they will sell you this argument all day! It all comes from the same place according to them!
    09-10-10 06:45 PM
    Tom and Ray Magliozzi said all gas is pretty much the same.
    09-10-10 11:16 PM
    Either way, they still have more money than us.
    09-11-10 12:21 AM
    I love those guys, but the difference is, if something goes awry with their engine due to poor gas, they can fix it themselves! I, on the other hand, have to fork over hundreds of bucks to some clueless (often) mechanic.

Honestly though, I did have one bad experience with cheap-o gas. I think there was water in it because my car ran like crap for a month afterwards, lol. And, of course, we're all often influenced by advertising. When you hear about "super sludge removers" they can make it sound like it makes sense!

Tom and Ray Magliozzi said all gas is pretty much the same.
    09-11-10 12:43 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD