I ordered a droid online today to try it, and it should be coming in the mail in a few days, but just realized I probably don't want it anymore because it won't work overseas. If I take it back to a store unopened do you think they will waive the $35 restocking fee?

I would love to try it out some but the restocking fee makes that unattractive for me.

Thanks!

P.s. I also ordered the 9700 upgrade from at&t today as well. That will end up being my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 07:00 AM
    Yes. Just don't use it.

11-17-09 07:05 AM
    I laugh when customers come in asking if it can be waived a week after i explain to them "there is a 35 dollar restocking fee if you do decide to exchange it." and there response is 100% of the time "ok, i understand" It should not be waived. The reason you want it waived is for what reason? You were impulsive and purchased a phone without actually thinking about it? Now you are suffering from "buyers remorse" and VZW should take the hit for it? Nope.
    11-17-09 09:35 AM
    If it hasn't been opened yet, what difference does it make?
    11-17-09 09:40 AM
    so desperate for every penny it kinda make me wonder how there business is really being handled to resort to almost thievery...

If it hasn't been opened yet, what difference does it make?
    11-17-09 10:17 AM
    so desperate for every penny it kinda make me wonder how there business is really being handled to resort to almost thievery...
    Uh... apprently well because they have more customers than any other carrier...
    11-17-09 10:21 AM
    There was no mention that I saw on their website while making the order that told me there was a $35 restocking fee. I even read through all the terms and conditions. I found out about the fee from this forum.

Thanks for the responses.

11-17-09 11:55 AM
    You guys should know that there is no restocking fee if the phone is unused.
    Last edited by bluerskyes; 11-17-09 at 10:05 PM.
    11-17-09 12:36 PM
    Returned in under 3 days, with less then 10 minutes of talk time = No restocking fee.

I don't know how this works through VZW online though.
    11-17-09 12:38 PM
    There is no restocking fee for returning the phone.

There is only a restocking fee for exchanging the phone for a different model.

If this was a new line of service and you paid an activation fee, you would probably not get that back.
    11-17-09 01:27 PM
    3 days was the activation fee.

11-17-09 02:51 PM
    This is the art of retail. We charge a 15% restocking fee if you decide to break open the box and decide you don't want it anymore. We have to mark it down and re-sell it at a cheaper price. It's not thievery. It's retail.
    11-17-09 04:05 PM
    Agreed with ryoujyoku...if someone opens and uses the phone, the company can't sell the phone "new" anymore. They have to take a hit...$35 is hardly going to cover the difference of a refurb compared to a new phone.

The $35 restocking fee only applies if you are exchanging the device or you return the device and within 3 days purchase another device. It's in the fine print on the receipt (if you buy in a store).

I have bought a phone, taken it back, activated an old phone and waited several more weeks for another phone to be released. When I purchased the new phone, I didn't get changed a restocking fee because I waited more than 3 days.
    11-17-09 04:31 PM
    How is it in the fine print? Every store I've been to there is a big sign next to the counter with it posted in bold.
    11-17-09 04:49 PM
    if you didn't pay full price... sell it on ebay you'll get more for it.
    11-17-09 08:15 PM
    Charging a restocking fee for something that hasn't been used is just theft, and unfortunately probably legal.

11-17-09 09:45 PM
    Charging a restocking fee for something that hasn't been used is just theft, and unfortunately probably legal.

Wrong

theft
    the generic term for all crimes in which a person intentionally and fraudulently takes personal property of another without permission or consent and with the intent to convert it to the taker's use (including potential sale).
    10char
    11-17-09 09:50 PM
    If the box is still sealed there is NO restocking fee. On top of that I've returned phones to Verizon opened and get NO restocking fee. The only time I've been charged a restocking fee is if I return the device and get a different one.
    11-17-09 10:34 PM
    When your Frond comes, don't accept the package. It will returned and you won't have to pay the fee.

11-18-09 12:48 AM
    Frond equals Droid

11-18-09 12:49 AM
    Frond equals Droid

hahhahahaha
    11-18-09 03:05 AM
    Wrong

el oh el
    11-18-09 08:27 AM