Could not stand the nextels chirp on their PTT and they did not have many customers, with the size of vzw I'm not going to be able to get away from it. I do not want to hear other people conversations either, because I can hear whats going on through the speaker plus now your yelling louder to talk into your speaker in your hand instead of by your mouth.

Hope something is different
    03-29-10 04:14 PM
    The PTT to feature is actually geared to certain business users. I have never seen this as a major consumer option but who knows. So unless you hang around construction sites the majority of the time, I'm sure you shouldn't have to deal with it to much.
    03-29-10 04:23 PM
    I never been to a construction site have heard plenty of chirps from stores to restaurants and just walking around.

People need to understand blackberries are not just for business people ANYMORE
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 04:34 PM
    LOL...women in the store talking to their friends about personal stuff without having to hold the phone to their ear...Yeah, thats our considerate society.

I'll submit a bill to congress...it will include a "If you're distrubing others" clause that will say "if at anytime, a person with PTT is disturbing others around them with ridiculous nonsense and being self absorbed and inconsiderate, the people around them can take their phone and smash it to pieces"

Phew...i hate those people...lol..
    03-29-10 04:39 PM
    I tend to hear the chirp in grocery stores. I always thought it was inconsiderate for people to do that - I get that it's a feature of the service and is included in the plan (for Nextel, anyway) but the world doesn't want to hear your conversations, promise! Make a regular call or send a text, for cryin' out loud!

I'm not looking forward to people with Big Red chirping all over the place. I mean, it's cool to have a phone that doubles as a walkie-talkie but I can only envision all of the preteens carrying on idle conversations with eachother about absolutely nothing in the middle of a shopping center.
    03-29-10 04:57 PM
    My friend used to have Nextel and I used to hear that chirp all the time, man that sound is annoying.
    03-29-10 05:03 PM
    I'm with you guys on the annoying chirping thing, but I fear we'd better get used to it. Already, I was annoyed with cell phone calls in general, where you have to stand there listening to someone shouting into the phone (why is it that more people don't use a regular volume on their voice, they always feel compelled to SHOUT as if they're using tin cans and a string?) and disregarding those standing near them. When I receive (or make) a call while out in public, I always move aside to where there's a bit more privacy or, if I can't move at the moment, tell the caller that I'll call them right back.
    03-29-10 05:06 PM
    I'm with you guys on the annoying chirping thing, but I fear we'd better get used to it. Already, I was annoyed with cell phone calls in general, where you have to stand there listening to someone shouting into the phone (why is it that more people don't use a regular volume on their voice, they always feel compelled to SHOUT as if they're using tin cans and a string?) and disregarding those standing near them. When I receive (or make) a call while out in public, I always move aside to where there's a bit more privacy or, if I can't move at the moment, tell the caller that I'll call them right back.
    +1

Thanks for being a considerate phone user! I will take the call for certain people but usually will let it roll and text them back if I'm in public - but I try to avoid doing the walk-n-text where one isn't paying any attention and rams into people because their text conversation is SOOOOO important.

I think people should have to take a public consideration test before they get mobile devices.
    03-29-10 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD