no mobile network detected. ran diagnostic test and nothing connects, tried to send service books and nothing comes through. HELP ME i'm melting.
    running 4.5.0.66
    10-16-08 01:08 PM
    Have you tried going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now
    10-16-08 01:10 PM
    not a thing. my phone part works, i can send and receive texts, wtf
    10-16-08 01:14 PM
    Have you pulled and replaced the battery? Do you have a EV signal? *228 opt 1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 01:22 PM
    did battery pull, lowercase evdo, and did the *228 thing
    10-16-08 01:35 PM
    So you do not have the 1XEV signal?
    10-16-08 01:41 PM
    it switches between upper and lowercase no connection and sitting at home no problems ever
    10-16-08 02:01 PM
    I would call Verizon tech support...
    10-16-08 02:04 PM
    thanks appreciate all the help as usual and will update as to the outcome.
    10-16-08 02:13 PM
    Just throwing this out there, one time i was typing alot on my berry and afterwards my browser would not connect me to anything. I called Verizon and they had no clue as to why. After searching the Blackberry website it said to do the following: Hold down the ALT button and at the same time press the two back arrow keys at the bottom right corner of the keypad. My browser connected at that was it. Sounds weird I know, but RIM said to do it and it worked...
    10-16-08 02:19 PM
    shortly after my last post my berry seized up then the screen went white with an error code (don't remember which one), went to a verizon company store and they swapped me out for a new one no questions asked. i guess it pays to have insurance. thanks again to everybody
    10-17-08 01:36 PM
    shortly after my last post my berry seized up then the screen went white with an error code (don't remember which one), went to a verizon company store and they swapped me out for a new one no questions asked. i guess it pays to have insurance. thanks again to everybody
    Just FYI, this was a warranty exchange, VZW can not process insurance claims through the store, you must contact Asurion to process a claim. Glad you got a new phone! I guess the customization starts over though....
    10-17-08 01:58 PM
    hey guys (and gals)...i've had the same problem (not online, no emails reaching/sending, no EVDO only a small 1x (small cap "x") ....and reception is flaky and weird (up/down issues) ...gah) on the Telus BB 8830..... and tried the *228... it killed my phone service.....now i am just speechless.

I'm suspecting either it's a lemon with antenna problems, or poor / incorrect activation.... i'd say 80% it's the poor activation, because they just don't get much training on the technicals of the phone, and they make mistakes because of it (there is no technician in the store, unless they are the manager........ maybe i picked a wrong store) ... anyway will go back there tomorrow and see what's up. will share and record hopefully nobody else will have to go through this.

will post as soon as I visit (hopefully from the BB)
    Last edited by maxfer; 02-10-09 at 02:41 AM.
    02-10-09 02:30 AM
    Hi All, it's amazing how the problem is usually right under your nose.

before going to the store, I decided to try something: REMOVE THE SIM CARD the guy in the store put in.

once you remove it, boom! all works no problem. so yep....that was my solution ))
    02-10-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD