Bare w/ me I'm learning. I'm looking to jump on the Tour when it is released.
    I go to school in Florida while my service is out of another state.
    I was told by one person that I could get a phone activated while outside my home area. I was also told I had to go home to my service area to get a new phone activated. Which is correct? Hope I've given enough info.
    07-01-09 03:32 PM
    Bare w/ me.
    Thanks, but I'll keep my clothes on, thanks.

You are fine as long as you're in a VZW service area. Home area designation really is irrelevant, these days.

Make sure you're in a VZW coverage area (not extended network) & all should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 03:43 PM
    Thanks for the swift response Twins. I knew I could count on you, with your clothes on!!
    Hopefully the Corp. store will know if this is a true VZW coverage area.
    07-01-09 03:58 PM
    If you are in a store, it is a coverage area
    07-01-09 04:39 PM
    If it isn't, the phone won't activate. The best way to find out is to take your current phone. Dial 611. I believe that if you aren't in a verizon area, you will route to another carrier or get an intercept.

If nothing else, the verizon store will be within a verizon area so you'd be good.

07-01-09 04:45 PM
    The best way to find out is to take your current phone. Dial 611. I believe that if you aren't in a verizon area, you will route to another carrier or get an intercept.

I don't think that works anymore. I used to do that all the time to see who I was roaming on, but the last year or so even when roaming it will route you to VZ ( actually in my case it was Alltel ).
    07-01-09 06:38 PM
    I don't think that works anymore. I used to do that all the time to see who I was roaming on, but the last year or so even when roaming it will route you to VZ ( actually in my case it was Alltel ).
    Newer ESN routing makes this happen in most areas, so you are correct.

Dogs is still stuck in AMPS service.

07-01-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD