05-27-09 06:13 PM
42 12
tools
    I would suggest the Alias 2. I very much like that phone. If I wasn't such a bb addict then I would have that phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That phone has made leaps and bounds since it's first model. It's quite a capable product now and much more user friendly.
    05-26-09 08:53 PM
    That phone has made leaps and bounds since it's first model. It's quite a capable product now and much more user friendly.

nice.. My friend had the alias 1 so I noticed a review about the alias 2 and many people said its a good phone.

When it comes to dumb phones I have typically been kind of a samsung/lg fanboy.

Earlier in the phone market I really liked motorola's even going back to pagers..

but they just aren't the same as they used to be.
    05-26-09 08:55 PM
    nice.. My friend had the alias 1 so I noticed a review about the alias 2 and many people said its a good phone.

When it comes to dumb phones I have typically been kind of a samsung/lg fanboy.

Earlier in the phone market I really liked motorola's even going back to pagers..

but they just aren't the same as they used to be.
    From what I read, Motorola is on the verge of death.
    05-26-09 09:02 PM
    From what I read, Motorola is on the verge of death.

hmm I didn't realize that I thought that they did really well with the razr and slivr or whatever there called...
    05-26-09 09:07 PM
    I have heard the same thing about Moto. After using a Krave for 2 months, I will never touch another Motorola
    05-26-09 09:18 PM
    hmm I didn't realize that I thought that they did really well with the razr and slivr or whatever there called...
    Nope, Motorola's are notorious for poor battery life. And the Motorola Q became the black sheep of PDA's.
    05-26-09 09:36 PM
    The Q was the worst device ever created. Glad I jumped into a pool with that phone in my pocket!

I would prefer the Samsung Knack over the Q.

However, the new moto a455 (forget the name) looks to be a sweet device. I got to play with it some while I was at the Q1 meeting. Full qwerty with some touch screen thrown in. Then again it's not been put thru the paces of consumer use yet.
    05-26-09 09:53 PM
    I had the LG Voyager it was fine nothing special had a calendar app that was ok and nice qwerty for texting
    and also has a touch screen making it a little more enjoyable
    05-26-09 09:56 PM
    I'll be another one to recommend LG. My last phone I had for 2 years and just swapped it out for my 8830, it was the LG VX8600. I can't recommend it too highly. For basic use, it just works. One caveat is that the speakerphone is USELESS. Seriously, just pretend it doesn't have one and the phone is great. They don't still sell it in stores, but you can find it fairly cheap on eBay. One of the coolest things about it was the ability to read text messages on the outer screen without having to open the phone, I've not seen any other flip phone that does that.

Another comment. As for the reception? So far from my limited use of my Blackberry, it gets better reception than any phone I've ever owned. There's a notorious dead spot near my house that I could never hold a call through, but with my BB it doesn't even stutter.

05-26-09 10:03 PM
    Ugh.. I will never, EVER, recommend a Moto. EVER!

The Razr and Krzr were HORRIBLE phones. The Q series was just a flat out disaster. Motorola's suck. Period.

That being said, I'll throw in a vote for the Alias as well. Very cool little phone.

05-26-09 10:15 PM
    I have a 1yr old Moto Q9c that I loved but jumped ship for the storm. Contacted VZW and they said since the phone was bought before Nov of last yr a data plan would not be required. If interested let me know.
    05-27-09 12:08 AM
    yep!
    env2 is one of the worst phones. lol!
    What kind of issues are people having? My wife has an env2 and loves the phone, with no problems.

Nope, Motorola's are notorious for poor battery life. And the Motorola Q became the black sheep of PDA's.
    The Q was my first ever smartphone. I took it out back and took the shotgun to it.
    05-27-09 01:33 AM
    What kind of issues are people having? My wife has an env2 and loves the phone, with no problems.
    We see a lot of keyboard issues, primarily the OK key not working, blank screens inside and out, and audio problems.
    05-27-09 05:38 AM
    I had an original enV a while back. Great dumb phone. It was still working when I replaced it.
    If I had to choose a non-smartphone, I'd probably go with the latest model enV.
    05-27-09 03:14 PM
    Just don't get Motorola.
    Best recommendation I could make is either LG or Samsung
    05-27-09 03:17 PM
    motorola is just horrible in general. After the star tac (best phone of its time), when phones got slightly more complicated, they've just been horrible, especially software wise! The T720, HORRIBLE! The RZR, HORRIBLE! The Krzr, HORRIBLE! Moto Q, Horrible! Motorola just doesnt get what it means to have good speedy software! Every time they innovate, the software lags 2 years behind!
    05-27-09 05:06 PM
    Yeah it has. I loved it. I got it the day it came out. I was very mad at my storm so got it. Then missed bb and went back and got a curve and gave the alias 2 to my bff.
    05-27-09 06:13 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD