Remember how great is was going from a bag phone to that first big flip phone? Remember going from that brick to the first phone you got with a color screen or your first camera phone?

Didn't you used to almost dread getting a new phone because you just KNEW, as soon as you did, they would come out with something cooler that you thought you just HAD to have? And aren't you like that with your BB now?

Well it just seems wrong to me to carry two BBs or to pay for BB service when work already pays for one.

I have a Sprint 8330 Curve through work (potentially switching to VZW soon, I hope, I hope) and my personal phone is currently a VZW Motorola Krzr K1m. I've been eligible for a new phone for a while now and just haven't gotten one because there hasn't been anything that just seemed like a MUST HAVE.

If I were switching to Sprint I would get the cute little Lotus but the VZW Blitz just doesn't thrill me.

Looking for suggestions....... please!!
    02-16-09 05:31 PM
    The LG Voyager and enV2 are both solid phones. Avoid the LG Dare, looks nice but has some issues. Avoid the Sumsung Glyde like the plague!!!

Im giving you my personal and professional opinion here. I get alot of tech issues about the Dare and Glydes. In fact, avoid all of our current Motorola's as well. VZW's LG phones are prob the most consistent and less problematic, with exception to the Dare.

The G'zones are nice too if you're looking for just a regular handset. Same for the LG 8350 and 8360. The Samsung U740 (Alias) is decent but I've run into a few of them with some issues but a software/firmware update will correct it's issues.
    02-16-09 05:47 PM
    I'd say the enV2 or the Krave.
    02-16-09 05:55 PM
    i had an env2 it was okay
    02-16-09 06:03 PM
    I'm a big fan of LG phones. I have had nothing but good luck with them. That said, I had the EnV2 and I didn't like it. I gave it to my wife and she loves it.
    02-16-09 06:08 PM
    Env2 or Moto Krave

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 06:20 PM
    I had a dare and I loved it. It was rated the best phone in 2008 by CNET. Avoid the glyde.
    02-16-09 07:03 PM
    I had the env2 and liked the phone but lets not kid yourself... its ulgy. it reminds me of a calculator. i had the glide and it was terrible. it unlocked all the time and made random calls

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 09:34 PM
    I would say the enV2, voyager, or dare... Not a fan of the Krave..
    02-16-09 09:50 PM
    The env2 is a nice phone...
    02-16-09 09:56 PM
    I had an enV2 before coming to the darkside. It was ok. Keypad was great. Outer screen is worthless. Still pocket dials even with the key lock on, which was really annoying. Not very customizable.
    02-16-09 10:46 PM
    Top three ... Dare. Voyager. Env2. I sold my old Dare on eBay for $240.00. Resale value is GRRRREAT!!!!!! And I had no problems at all with my Dare. It was soFAB!, just not a BB.
    Last edited by mrsFAB; 02-16-09 at 10:52 PM.
    02-16-09 10:50 PM
    Honestly i would say the enV2 would be the one to go with. But IMO i wouldnt purchase anything but a Blackberry. I would say go and get a storm or wait for the 9030 but if you dont want to pay for the BB plan then theres no point. But the 9030 is shaping up to be one of the best devices coming out.
    02-16-09 10:50 PM
    Wait another month and a half and get the LG9600 (Dare 2). Pretty much like the Dare, but it has a wallet style detachable keyboard.
    02-17-09 09:48 AM
    I'm not a huge fan of LG, while they are great feature phones generally they are not constructed well. (I know ironic coming from a Storm owner) Semi contradicting myself the Chololate line is a great media phone if you like music. My choice would be the Samsung Alias, great phone, constructed well, full keyboard and good media features.
    02-17-09 10:32 AM
    I currently have the env2. Great phone but I am not a fan of the small front screen or having to flip open the phone to do pretty much everything except call or text 1 person at a time.
    02-18-09 03:13 PM
    My sister got the Voyager last night. She texted me today and she's in love with it. It's her first "super phone" as I call it.
    02-18-09 03:41 PM
    I'm not a huge fan of LG, while they are great feature phones generally they are not constructed well. (I know ironic coming from a Storm owner) Semi contradicting myself the Chololate line is a great media phone if you like music. My choice would be the Samsung Alias, great phone, constructed well, full keyboard and good media features.
    I'd stay away from the Alias as it's about to be phased out. It's an old phone.
    02-19-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD