10-01-14 09:57 AM
61 123
tools
    Lonestar, I just took a trip to Verizon and asked about the Passport. They effing people had no clue what I was talking about.

So, I do not think they will be carrying this monstrosity.

Blackberry Z30
    Thanks! Yea I don't feel like waiting to find out. Good thing is, if ATT service sucks for some reason, which it shouldn't because I have a lot of people in my area with no problems, I won't be locked into a contract, so I can jump ship back to VZW if they end up releasing it and just sell my GSM version and buy the CDMA one on discount. Feel like we would've heard something by now is VZW was carrying it.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 04:31 AM
    1. People in the store are generally stupid when it comes to these types of things.
    2. AT&T hasn't even released it yet so saying we would have heard something by now is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:15 AM
    1. People in the store are generally stupid when it comes to these types of things.
    2. AT&T hasn't even released it yet so saying we would have heard something by now is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    1: yup
    2: I meant as far as FCC filings (know there were some embargoed devices, think you were the one that posted them earlier) and Chen saying something. Relying on carriers for any pre-release info is a waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:35 AM
    1: yup
    2: I meant as far as FCC filings (know there were some embargoed devices, think you were the one that posted them earlier) and Chen saying something. Relying on carriers for any pre-release info is a waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it might have been me. I still don't understand any of those 9/11 FCC filings but they might be Porsche design related.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 09:56 AM
    I was a proud Blackberry owner/user UNTIL technology started to pass them buy, so it seemed... I like what I am seeing in the new Blackberry Passport. I have owned 4 Apple IPhone 4s in the past 2 years due to problems within their systems. Same problems each time. Poor battery performance, lack of a decent business app strategy, function ability of keyboard/touch screen combo made for a less than happy Apple product user. I also thought I wanted my phone to hold my music; wrong combo. Every call would interrupt the flow of music. Don't get me wrong, Apple IPod is a great product and at least I think that maybe music should not be paired with a phone that is based around important business. If all looks good in my research on the new Passport, I will likely switch back to Blackberry and if Verizon doesn't want to be a part of the equation, I could probably live with that. It may even be a cheaper bill since I feel like Verizon is sticking it too me a little too much on the monthly charges.
    09-30-14 10:43 AM
    I have mine on order from Amazon. Will be leaving the day I get the phone. $110 termination fee.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:59 PM
    Waiting for mine to come in from shopbb. I'll be transferring my # from vzw to att as soon as I get it.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 12:37 AM
    I was a proud Blackberry owner/user UNTIL technology started to pass them buy, so it seemed... I like what I am seeing in the new Blackberry Passport. I have owned 4 Apple IPhone 4s in the past 2 years due to problems within their systems. Same problems each time. Poor battery performance, lack of a decent business app strategy, function ability of keyboard/touch screen combo made for a less than happy Apple product user. I also thought I wanted my phone to hold my music; wrong combo. Every call would interrupt the flow of music. Don't get me wrong, Apple IPod is a great product and at least I think that maybe music should not be paired with a phone that is based around important business. If all looks good in my research on the new Passport, I will likely switch back to Blackberry and if Verizon doesn't want to be a part of the equation, I could probably live with that. It may even be a cheaper bill since I feel like Verizon is sticking it too me a little too much on the monthly charges.
    You're the second one here I see that says business apps are lacking on iOS. Everything I hear everywhere else says they have the most?
    10-01-14 06:26 AM
    Will shop BlackBerry passport work on verizon?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope.

Putting an activate sim card it won't work.

No 4G for Data.

Nothing.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:29 AM
    NO. Please search the forums. This has literally been asked and answered a million times. No offense.
    10-01-14 09:57 AM
61 123