After reading the blog page, I was hoping that Verizon had released the OTA upgrade 5.xxxx OS. Not as of 0900 Eastern Time. <Heavy Sigh> Soon, I hope.
    03-22-10 07:51 AM
    Wait in line man! We're all crossing our fingers it's soon. It should be by the end of the month at least, from what i've heard.
    03-22-10 08:32 AM
    What gets me is this desperation to get the "Official" Verizon release, when there are plenty of other 5.0 releases that are very stable out there already. ANd then these same so anxious people that have waited in such angst for this release will be the first on this forum to lambaste and denigrate Verizon for their release of a defective piece of software. The same applies to the ones so much wanting the Tour (Bold) 2.
    03-22-10 08:49 AM
    Hopefully since they are release PTT for the Tour, it will also come with a "surprise" IE OS5.0! That's wishful thinking though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 08:49 AM
    The only reason I haven't downloaded the other releases is because I have had issues with downloading Sprints. It's not always going to be that easy for everyone. It's much easier and comforting to have the Carriers official release for those of us who are not so technical with OS'.
    03-22-10 08:52 AM
    Hopefully since they are release PTT for the Tour, it will also come with a "surprise" IE OS5.0! That's wishful thinking though.
    Not sure, but I think PTT requires the mptt.cod files that have been seeing in the recent leaks (.530 and .548) to run. If that's the case, we should be seeing 5.0 with ptt on the 30th.

03-22-10 08:54 AM
    What gets me is this desperation to get the "Official" Verizon release, when there are plenty of other 5.0 releases that are very stable out there already. ANd then these same so anxious people that have waited in such angst for this release will be the first on this forum to lambaste and denigrate Verizon for their release of a defective piece of software. The same applies to the ones so much wanting the Tour (Bold) 2.
    There are OS 5's out there now that will equal or surpass what ever Verizon releases I'm sure. I was geeked when Sprint released it's version...ran it a day and went back to my reliable OS 5/hybrid combo, much better. At least this way the forum will be clustered with "where's Verizon OS 5" threads daily.
    03-22-10 08:55 AM
    Not sure, but I think PTT requires the mptt.cod files that have been seeing in the recent leaks (.530 and .548) to run. If that's the case, we should be seeing 5.0 with ptt on the 30th.

You're right. PTT has not yet been activated for the Tour's just yet. It is out there to download, but you can't officially use it. We have to wait at least another week or so to use it. Once you download it, you still need to talk with Verizon to activate the application.

Push to Talk Now Available For Verizon Customers | CrackBerry.com

Maybe we will see an Official 5.0 OS after this?? We will see..
    03-22-10 09:23 AM
    Some BES users aren't permitted to run "unofficial" leak builds, other carrier's builds, and the likes. I cannot imagine they make up too large a portion of the VZW build hysteria though. If the daily threads going on and on about it annoy you, just ignore them! When no one comments, no flamming begins, and the thread dies like it should... End of story. Some of the recent VZW 5.0 threads have been interesting though with PTT coming and its required mppt.cod files that don't exist for 4.7.

Maybe its just me, but its kind of fun to see people excites about their BBs, wanting to see them improved, etc. What's not fun is the flamming and annoying strain "elitism" and looking down one's nose at others that tends to thrive here. Not accusing anyone particular of course, but come on, you all know it happens here! CBnation has some rather dang mean citizens!

03-22-10 09:36 AM
    New software was released for the 8530, not 9630. Sorry guys.
    03-22-10 10:58 AM
    The truth of the matter is that Verizon loathes to update OSs, because of the TS nightmares it can cause, nuked OSs, lost data, etc. So they don't do it often and they wait till they find the right one and then they test the <bleep> out of it first. If you want the latest and the greatest AND you know what you are doing, then you go to the Beta/Hybrid OS sub Forum.
    03-22-10 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD