While Verizon never really advertised their device payment plan sense it was released a little over a year ago, it is now gone.

Not to be confused with edge, the device payment plan would allow customers who met the requirements (usually a credit check) would be allowed to get a new phone off contract and spread the payments out and you were not required to give up the phone you used prior.

It seems like with the release of Verizon stating they are going to throttle the top few %ers of data usage, they are stopping the payment plan in hopes of filling a hole that prevented customers the option to keep their grandfathered plan without shelling out a large sum of cash up front for a new phone.

While I never used this, I'm sorta still sad to see it go.

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com...plan.tp_2.html

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 02:03 PM
    I never used this either, but always kept it in the back of my mind 'just in case'. Wonder how many devices were actually sold that way.
    07-28-14 02:18 PM
    While Verizon never really advertised their device payment plan sense it was released a little over a year ago, it is now gone.

Not to be confused with edge, the device payment plan would allow customers who met the requirements (usually a credit check) would be allowed to get a new phone off contract and spread the payments out and you were not required to give up the phone you used prior.

It seems like with the release of Verizon stating they are going to throttle the top few %ers of data usage, they are stopping the payment plan in hopes of filling a hole that prevented customers the option to keep their grandfathered plan without shelling out a large sum of cash up front for a new phone.

While I never used this, I'm sorta still sad to see it go.

Verizon Mobile Support

Posted via CB10
    They have to be careful money wise, only had profits in the Billions last Quarter
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    07-28-14 02:30 PM
    They have to be careful money wise, only had profits in the Billions last Quarter
    LMAO

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.2180

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 10:41 AM
    I don't think it was a move because of money. They wanted to close up any holes on their end that allowed people to keep unlimited plans.

It's unfortunate, I feel like with the right "rules and restrictions" they could have kept this option in play.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 11:58 AM
    Posted via Verizon Z30
    08-04-14 08:58 PM