Just wanted to share that I sent into the local VZW store to get a hands on feel for the 9930, I walked in and they greeted me and asked if they could help me and I said that I wanted to check out the new 9930, the latest BlackBerry. The first rep that greeted me was unaware and asked me when it came out, he proceeded to ask his co-worker if he heard anything and he had not either. .............. whoa,

I then looked around and saw it on display from across the store and brought the VZW reps with me and showed them the 9930. I showed them the awesome keyboard that I was hoping for and the screen that was touch sensitive. I just could not believe that 2 employees of a corporate store in Waterloo, Iowa store had no idea that the latest BlackBerry Bold was on their shelves. Really disappointing on their part.

However, wow, loved the phone. I am currently on US Cellular and hope that they get it in a few months. The only newer BlackBerrys they have is the new Curve and Torch. Neat, but not for me.

Just wanted to share and thank you.
    JoyfulHeart35 and pm9350 like this.
    01-15-12 03:55 PM
    It's an old story. Only one salesman in the store when I first bought a BlackBerry knew anything about them. It has continued to be that way all along and today, as far as I'm aware, except now there isn't even one salesman (or woman) in the store that knows anything about them.
    01-15-12 04:01 PM
    Verizon really only wants to sell 4G phones, which currently means Android.

They also push the iPhone because, well, it's the iPhone.
    01-15-12 08:55 PM
    Verizon really only wants to sell 4G phones, which currently means Android.

They also push the iPhone because, well, it's the iPhone.
    That's what I was thinking too.
    01-15-12 11:31 PM
    Every Verizon store I've been in over the past 6 months or so have had BB's on display and they were no more trouble to find than the new razr or iphone.
    That said tho,
    I read an article on the new nokia lumia's coming to AT+T and T-mobile and it stated how the contracted deal with nokia and micro soft along with AT+T/T-mobile would put the new nokia's in a prominent location within the store and they would be aggressively pushed.
    Yeah, AT+T/T-mobile not Verizon, Nokia not BB, but don't you think the contract deals between sellers and suppliers are probably the same across the board? My point is if BB's aren't getting prominent displaying or are even having to be brought out from the back then maybe RIM needs to renegotiate there deal with Verizon regarding product displays. It's all about the Benjamin's . Maybe RIM needs to put there money where their product is. They are lacking in other area's of advertisments as well, I see at least a dozen iphone adds to every one BB add, so it's no real surprise that they also have poor locations and not being pushed within stores.
    01-16-12 02:01 PM
    The other difference is the Nokia's will be brand new models, not models released last year. Anything new will always get more prominent advertising.

RIM dropped the ball by failing to advertise the OS7 devices when they were new. Now those devices are not interesting to carriers or consumers, since they aren't new any more.
    01-16-12 04:04 PM
    I went to two Verizon stores this week and couldn't find the 9930. The first store only had a 9650 and a curve. A 9650, really?! I asked about the 9930 and got the normal - "BB sucks and this is all they gave us" line.

The second store didn't have any BBs anywhere in the store!

I don't live in the sticks. I live in the Philadelphia area - which is a major metropolitain area in the U.S.

Verizon has absolutely no love for BBs! T mobile and ATT stock them, but Verizon doesn't seem interested.

-Tom
    03-01-12 01:25 PM
    I hope Verizon gets slammed like AT&T with data consumption by those other devices but they will probably ding us BB users anyway.

I found one on display on Tues in a large mall's verizon store when I went to get an sdcard for my new 9930 but two popular Seattle stores did not have them on display the last time I looked. Although one store did have the Otterbox for it and I purchased it.
    03-01-12 07:55 PM
    RIM dropped the ball by failing to advertise the OS7 devices when they were new. Now those devices are not interesting to carriers or consumers, since they aren't new any more.
    This. Everyone is quick to blame AT&T or Verizon when in fact, RIM should have done a better job marketing the OS7 devices. A commercial here and a commercial there where the only tagline is "We need tools, not toys" isn't how to win back customers or make WSPs like Verizon stock them.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    03-02-12 09:39 AM
    You can't blame VERIZON they are in the business to make a profit not loose money! The Android and Apple thing is starting to level out and people are starting to come back to RIM. In business you carry what sells not what dosent sell.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-04-12 05:51 PM
    This. Everyone is quick to blame AT&T or Verizon when in fact, RIM should have done a better job marketing the OS7 devices. A commercial here and a commercial there where the only tagline is "We need tools, not toys" isn't how to win back customers or make WSPs like Verizon stock them.
    True....they needed to market the out of them. Plus they only marketed the Bold 9900/9930 when they should've marketed the Torch 9850/9860 as well considering that it is all about touchscreens now. Barely no one knows about that phone. And no one realizes there is a difference between the Torch 9800 and 9810...RIM did a terrible job at marketing. They better not make the same mistake with BB10. GET THE EFFIN WORD OUT!!
    05-08-12 06:42 PM
    And no one realizes there is a difference between the Torch 9800 and 9810...RIM did a terrible job at marketing. They better not make the same mistake with BB10. GET THE EFFIN WORD OUT!!
    RIM really needs a new naming / numbering system. The average person won't know the difference between 3 devices all called"Torch" or the gazillion different Curves that have been available through the years. Give the new BB10 devices distinct names that are not the same as what was used in the past to show consumers "it's not the same old BlackBerry."

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    05-08-12 07:52 PM
    I know this is an old thread, but i had to share my recent Verizon experience while purchasing a Curve 9370.

My wife needed to upgrade her non-smartphone and chose the Curve. The Verizon store did not have the 9370 on display, but had one in the back. They brought it out and my wife was ready to purchase the device. When the associate rung the device up, he stated (1) that the device had been released a couple of days previously, and (2) that the device could not be sold in store until September. I thought this was a crock, and saw that the device was available from the Verizon website.

After all was said and done, i ended up buying the phone at BestBuy since they had the phone priced at $.00 for upgrading.

What really got me is that the associate kept asking my wife 'why do you want a BlackBerry' and mentioned that 'BlackBerry is dead and you shouldn't buy one'. Since i manage the BES infrastructure for our Org, i was irritated and had a 'discussion' with this joker.
    07-17-12 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD