05-03-09 01:38 AM
97 ... 234
tools
    No. Feb is the only enrollment time.
    So a disconnect then reactivating the account wouldn't see the vip flag drop on the disconnect?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 10:07 PM
    If you reactivated on the same account, then no. If you have to open a new account then yes.
    05-01-09 10:10 PM
    Okay. Thanks for the info.

05-01-09 10:12 PM
    No problem.
    05-01-09 10:16 PM
    Thank You Zachrtw. Just in this forum already feels like talking to a CR over the phone.... all negatives with no possible resolution.
    The OP's situation is already resolved though. They kept the incorrect discount they already got and as a courtesy were given one more month of the discount benefit. Just because one person doesn't like the resolution, doesn't mean it isn't resolved. If the OP decided they wanted a million dollars and an apology from Lowel McAdam, it wouldn't be resolved until that happened? Yeah right.

I, as the seller of that product, would have to go by what was sold and agreed to at the original time of sale. I couldn't and wouldn't go back and say, "We were wrong and this is what it is and will be" or "I don't know why they said that, but the past is behind us". If I was wrong in the sale, I would expect my employer to take it out of my compensation and not take it out on the customer.
    This is exactly what Verizon is doing, going by the terms of the employee discount granted by the OP's employer.

Like Zach said, Policy is not the law. I have policies at my work and with policies, there are grey areas. Policies are there to go by, but sometimes they are missed.
    Exactly. Policy isn't the law but contracts are governed by law. The contract that grants the discount does not allow for a discount on the unlimited plan.

I won't deny that the situation sucks but the OP is in no worse shape than when they started. Still free to go back to their old plan and get the discount.
    05-01-09 10:16 PM
    Not only that but if the customer is using up to 4000 minutes a month he is saving $50/month by being on the unlimited plan. I'm sure that's better then his corporate discount.
    05-01-09 10:41 PM
    I've been wall flower for a long time, but for some reason this bit of corporate speak really got to me. Maybe because I've heard that same condescending phrase dropped on me after calling to because I was lied to in the store.

Assuming that what the OP said was true, and that his documents are legit (big assumption I know) then Verizon has an obligation to honor that agreement. Oh but wait, the contract clearly says does not apply... Sorry, but someone told him it did, someone also billed him like it did, someone billed him for quite a long time like the discount applied. Now Verizon's answer is, Sorry you screwed up and are at fault, but we will charge you what ever we want??!!?

That's what is happening, take them to small claims court, have them serve the papers to the the manager at the store where you bought it. Verizon created this situation, and clearly they should keep giving him the discount till the contract expires. If Verizon makes the rule, then they can change the rule. The only thing keeping you from getting a discount is a policy. Policies are not like the laws of thermodynamics, they can and will be broken.

Verizon is clearly in the wrong here. I don't know why they said that, but that's behind us? How do you figure that gettinthere ? The contract billing is clearly in the present, and the contract goes into the future. I hate to break it to you, but companies are accountable for the actions of their employees during the course of work. Why did they say that? Either they were a bad employee or they were wrongly trained. Who's fault is that? Well that would be Verizon's fault for hiring them and not training them. What is said in the store is binding, if you can prove it. OP can, he can point to the paperwork and say, see this is what I was told, and this is what I should pay. Verizon needs to suck it up and give him his $20 a month or whatever. If that's what is keeping you from going bankrupt then you have worse things to worry about. A court of law and not some uppity CSR with a headset are the final word when it comes to contract dispute.

The sad thing is, I like Verizon, and haven't had too many problems in the 8-9 years I've been with them. When I've had problems that couldn't be resolved to my satisfaction over the phone they have always been taken care of in person at the store.

Instead of trying to argue with the OP like he has been robbing you for months and getting away with a big scam, see what's going on. Do you think someone in the store told him he could have the discount? You know they did. Man up and honor that.

OP don't change plans, don't pay more money. Be nice, and polite, and don't loose your cool. Call, and ask to be transferred till you can get someone who can make this right. If you don't get quick resolution call your State Attorney general, they can often fix things with a simple call to inquire about what's going on.
    Why are you coming at me and calling me out for this? I didn't do it. I didn't tell him it could be done. Where did I argue with him like he's been robbing me or VZW? Oh yeah, I didn't.

No one in this thread can fix it or explain why that was said/done, so we're trying to figure out a way to move forward and find an unadvertised plan that will work for him. Do any of us have to do that? No. We're trying to be helpful instead of calling out people for no reason.
    05-01-09 10:44 PM
    You and your logic... Have you ever used sprint? How about using it in a rural area? I dont have to go any further.
    I could not have said it better!
    05-01-09 10:45 PM
    I believe that email said it was just the west area. We issued $196M I think in 2008.
    then the rep was wrong when she said I was dropped because of my december price plan change. Either way, the credit was justified because the rep told me I was clear to receive it and gave me the go ahead to go over my minutes.

Now the new question would be, do you still qualify for VIP status if you are on a lower price plan...
    05-01-09 10:49 PM
    then the rep was wrong when she said I was dropped because of my december price plan change. Either way, the credit was justified because the rep told me I was clear to receive it and gave me the go ahead to go over my minutes.

Now the new question would be, do you still qualify for VIP status if you are on a lower price plan...
    If you change mid cycle, yes. It would be dropped in Feb.
    05-01-09 10:54 PM
    Why are you coming at me and calling me out for this? I didn't do it. I didn't tell him it could be done. Where did I argue with him like he's been robbing me or VZW? Oh yeah, I didn't.

No one in this thread can fix it or explain why that was said/done, so we're trying to figure out a way to move forward and find an unadvertised plan that will work for him. Do any of us have to do that? No. We're trying to be helpful instead of calling out people for no reason.

gettinthere.... I appreciate you input on this thread. I apologize if any of my comments within this thread are or were uncalled for. You replies have been appropriate and with some direction.

Thanks
    05-01-09 11:16 PM
    gettinthere.... I appreciate you input on this thread. I apologize if any of my comments within this thread are or were uncalled for. You replies have been appropriate and with some direction.

Thanks
    You were fine....no worries. I just don't appreciate being called out by others for trying to help. If you want, PM your number and in the morning I can review your account and let you know what might work best for you.
    05-01-09 11:27 PM
    I wonder how many employees we have on here.
    05-01-09 11:36 PM
    You have to be careful in the area of amnesty minutes. If you are dropped without notice and go over your minutes thinking you are a VIP, you may end up SOL if they tell you "nope, your not on the VIP anymore!" It happened to me when I intentionally went over my minutes knowing I had the VIP benefit.

Turns out that changing my calling plan inDecember forced me off the VIP progam, however, it was still on my account in January (month in advance thing) when I verified it for my Feb minute cycle. Come march, the bill had a $200 overage and I was not a VIP even though I called in Jan to make sure I was.

I was granted a courtesy because they saw my communication with them about this issue. But if I wasn't so persistant, I would have a $200 higher bill

I agree with you... Or at least, very little benefit to loyal customers
    Boy........ Hearing about that is getting GD old

05-02-09 12:14 AM
    Boy........ Hearing about that is getting GD old

so don't read it and maybe you won't hear it...
    05-02-09 08:37 AM
    I wonder how many employees we have on here.
    Seems like quite a few in here.
    05-02-09 11:17 AM
    I just wish VZ would offer something less than 700 Mins. My wife and I are on a family share plan with 700 mins. But since nearly everyone I know is on Verison, We only use about 200-300 mins a month, the rest are verizon to verizon which is free. I use total about 1000 mins a month, but most of them are VZ to VZ
    05-02-09 12:46 PM
    I just wish VZ would offer something less than 700 Mins. My wife and I are on a family share plan with 700 mins. But since nearly everyone I know is on Verison, We only use about 200-300 mins a month, the rest are verizon to verizon which is free. I use total about 1000 mins a month, but most of them are VZ to VZ
    You have a PM.
    05-02-09 01:55 PM
    The OP's situation is already resolved though. They kept the incorrect discount they already got and as a courtesy were given one more month of the discount benefit. Just because one person doesn't like the resolution, doesn't mean it isn't resolved. If the OP decided they wanted a million dollars and an apology from Lowel McAdam, it wouldn't be resolved until that happened? Yeah right.
    This is exactly what Verizon is doing, going by the terms of the employee discount granted by the OP's employer.
    But his claim isn't outlandish. It's clear the system thinks it can happen. I'm sure that you can't give him a unlimited plan for say 10 bucks. I'm sure from a coding level it could be, but I'm talking about the guys wearing headsets, setting in pods. But the allowing a discount to a unlimited plan is clearly not so hard coded into the system. You say it can't happen, but yet clearly it did. A mystery indeed. In fact, this problem it why this was discovered by an auditing programming. You wouldn't bother coding a program to search for a discount code when there can never be one. Any programmer would just comment out that bit of code and with no promo code problem solved. That is of course not they way they are doing it. They have code that is looking for the credentials of the discount on unlimited accounts and verifying them against a whitelist of code reasons. He's wasn't on the list, he gets the boot. So Verizon should add his account to the whitelist and return his account to the status of the last several months. He had it, you did it once some space monkey can do it again.

Also you seem to imply that he should be grateful that you, in your mercy didn't back charge him, and gave him a month extra. Wow. Again, I feel this guys pain. I deal with this endless wheel from time to time as well. My company pays for my cell and calling plan, be reimbursing me. They won't pay for every bell and whistle, if I want that, I can get it. So I get the phone, I pick the plan, I keep my number of mine I've had for a long time. So he goes to the store expecting to get get exceptional customer service with our team of certified wireless experts.[verizon website] to help guide him through a very silly process. If it was like me I was coming from Sprint, buying direct through verizon, with some company discount code that I had to use to get reimbursed. Mind you this is all out of my pocket, until I turn it in, and get a check in about 4 weeks. 2 cycles on my plastic but that's another rant. Anyway OP and people like me, and a whole others like me, we get testy because there is no clear understanding of what does and does not apply to them, so they go to a verizon store. Not some ma and pa shop with god knows what, but the real deal. Hey spends some time annoying some fresh faced Wireless Expert to help guide him thru this process. 2-3 hours later God only knows how, but you walk out with a phone, that has stuff from your old phone transferred over, most of your contacts, and a shiny new curve, and a sweet deal. 6 months later you get told, so sorry, you don't get a discount, here are 20 other plans where you can have a discount, none unlimited, so pick one. Why does your interpretation trump the in guy in the store? Are you more corporate? If the guys in the story aren't trained to know this stuff why are they there? Guy on phone trumps guy in store? Audit program eats Guy in store. Rock scissors paper. You can't keep your story straight, so you blame the customer.

And you call that a courtesy?

Bad news: The food is awful
    Good News: The portions are small!

Why did I come after you, cause you were the one who set me off with the whole that's in the past. I'm sorry you took it as an attack on you personally, but I am greatly put off by your reply, and like I said, I don't do this. I'll try to be more specific in this reply. No beef, nothing personal.

Don't mean nothing, I'm just saying.

Maybe no one on the the thread can fix his problem, but if there really are Verizon people here, who can make things happen, then they know that guy, that guy that can. They know who this guy needs to call, it can be done, clearly it's not impossible, just against policy. Verizon is so VERY clear that that policy can change any time. So why is it dogma. It's not canonical, it's not like end all be all.

You were fine....no worries. I just don't appreciate being called out by others for trying to help. If you want, PM your number and in the morning I can review your account and let you know what might work best for you.
    See above. You may be the real deal, and help the guy. But your help isn't the right help. It's more like it's you are preping him for his options once the plan ends, and he will have ot pick a plan in the "rules". But look at what you are implying, this poor OP has to go online and beg for help, and have someone higher up "look into it for him"? What makes you so special, why should he trust you? You threw the in store guy under the bus saying thay you don't know what they are talking about. If this guys documents are for real then you know that's what the person on the sales floor told them. They told them, because that's what her computer allowed her to do. I've done time in an IT call center, I feel your pain. I know that you don't pull a policy doc off te server to see if they can have the discount on the new plan (remember OP says he jumped on it). You do it the easy method: will the computer let me do this? Start transaction, enter account info, apply discount. If it sticks, yea! you get it; doesn't stick? Oh! So sorry, you loose. Otherwise you are planing the game of having to read and understood 3 diffrent agreements, and came to terms with how they interact, what cross points do they have, what order will they come into play and so one.

Bottom line if this guy is legit he deserves what the bill he walked out of the store says. That's what he was told he could have, that's what the computer says he could have, and now the computer says he can't. Who's the boss, you or a computer? Don't be a droid, man.

Last point. Ok, OP is pissed. Thinks it's a raw deal and says I can get a better deal, I'm want out of the contract? You going to let him out with out a ETF? Think hard, and be ready to answer with chapter and verse.

Thanks!
    05-02-09 07:20 PM

I'm not sure what you don't understand. You were dropped because of the price change in december. You just weren't dropped until the end of february.. so yes, in January, you were still on the VIP program but then come, feb 28th, you were dropped from it.
    05-02-09 08:53 PM
    I'm a VIP customer at Verizon (if that ever really means anything). I've had the unlimited calling plan ever since Verizon came out with it. When I first signed up for this plan, I confirmed that my 20% corporate discount would apply to this calling plan. And it did for the past several months.

All of a sudden, I get my bill this today and there is no 20% discount on my plan. I called CS and they said that the 20% discount does not apply to the Unlimited Calling Plan. I told CS that I've been receiving this 20% discount ever since I started the Unlimited Plan and that I was told that the 20% discount would apply to this plan. CS said that I was mis-informed and that I've been getting this discount in error.

I received no notice of not receiving this discount. No call, No letter, No email.

VIP???? Bull****. I've had Verizon since it was even before Verizon, when it was GTE. And I've put up with all the high prices and charges for this and that. But now I'm tired of it.

They offered to honor the 20% discount this last time for this billing cycle but the next cycle will not have it.

I will be leaving Verizon before this next cyle hits.

Any "VERIZON" employees have anything to say about this?
    Yeah. Sucks to be you. I've seen that before but it clearly states on the plan itself that it isnt eligible for a discount.
    05-02-09 09:08 PM
    I'm not sure what you don't understand. You were dropped because of the price change in december. You just weren't dropped until the end of february.. so yes, in January, you were still on the VIP program but then come, feb 28th, you were dropped from it.
    bum stated that it wasn't because of the price plan. Either way, the FACT is the rep gave me the go ahead to use my amnesy minutes because when he looked at the system, he saidf I was a VIP and it was good to go. This was the sol reason for my call. After I was dropped and was not given the amnesty minutes, the rep saw the notated conversation I had prior to going over my minutes and she gave me the credit.

Its quite simple. The only confusion was whether I was dropped because of the price plan change to 450 or if it was just a program that lasts till Feb only. In any case, it doesn't matter since the rep notated that I was allowed to use these minutes. His error for giving me wrong information that led to me getting a higher bill... and since the start and end date for the VIP program is not clear, it was an understandable error. just due credit. And its probably why they got rid of the amnesty program to begin with. It caused lagitamate problems
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-03-09 at 01:40 AM.
    05-03-09 01:38 AM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD