05-03-09 12:38 AM
97 1234
tools
    because no one specified anywhere that you had to be on a qualified pricing plan. You receive a card that says your a VIP, thats it! Your CS rep tells you your a VIP, thats it! THis entitlement argument is really getting old and I wish I knew where it comes from as you wear that philosophical phrase on your forehead for some strange reason!
    If you go to the Verizon Wireless VIP website, you'll clearly see:

Some restrictions may apply. Subject to Customer Agreement and Calling Plan. Program membership requires customer to be current in billing. Only accounts that have been Verizon Wireless customers for 12 months and have been on either a single-line calling plan or a primary line on a Family SharePlan with a monthly access of $79.99 or higher for the past 6 months are eligible for VIP membership. Corporate-liable and business lines are not eligible. Verizon Wireless reserves the right to modify or cancel the VIP Program at any time. Membership is not transferable. Discounts subject to verification of program membership.
    It also states ( as WeekendBum has been pointing out to you forever ):

All VIP Program benefits expire February 28, 2010.
    So re-enrollment/de-enrollment happens every March 1st. Learn a thing or two before spreading false information.
    05-01-09 08:13 PM
    Unfaily charged? You mean for minutes that you actually used and went over? I'm also sure you can refrain from using small words because I'm sure I have a higher IQ than you do. You have constant spelling mistakes like "rediculous" what is that? Maybe you should concentrate on spelling before you try to insult my intelligence.
    when one does not understand logic, one simply attacks on a personal level to take atention away from the point at hand. Do you have a hire IQ than me? Well, if you do, then hey, YOUR THE MAN! LOL (what a kid)

While I did attack you slightly in all fairness, I did start it off with a solid explaination and point to what I was reffering to. You on the other hand, you either do not understand the simple logic behind not notifying a customer when they have been dropped, or you just know your wrong so all you can do now is attack me personally since you have no other answer.

Which quite honestly is fine either way...
    05-01-09 08:13 PM
    when one does not understand logic, one simply attacks on a personal level to take atention away from the point at hand. Do you have a hire IQ than me? Well, if you do, then hey, YOUR THE MAN! LOL (what a kid)

While I did attack you slightly in all fairness, I did start it off with a solid explaination and point to what I was reffering to. You on the other hand, you either do not understand the simple logic behind not notifying a customer when they have been dropped, or you just know your wrong so all you can do now is attack me personally since you have no other answer.

Which quite honestly is fine either way...
    I understand logic completely. I also know Verizon's policies and procedures very well and I will tell you right now that unless you disconnected and re-activated a new line, or did an AOL you were not dropped mid cycle. Now, if you were a VIP then switched your price plan and Feb 28th 2009, or 2008 came around and you did not qualify then yes you were dropped so it may have seemed like you were. You can only be enrolled/de-enrolled once per year. I have confirmed this with many sources. So please, stop.
    05-01-09 08:15 PM
    If you go to the Verizon Wireless VIP website, you'll clearly see:

It also states ( as WeekendBum has been pointing out to you forever ):

So re-enrollment/de-enrollment happens every March 1st. Learn a thing or two before spreading false information.
    no false information from me. I simply stated what has happened to me which is FACT! It probably does state the conditions of the VIP program on their website if I look at the fine print. And frankly, if I'm a VIP, what the company is saying is that I am a loyal paying customer and I am being offered a benefit. If this benefit causes more hassle and more scrutinizing of the fine print rather than just asimple, YOU ARE OR YOUR NOT a VIP, then I respectfully say "NO THANK YOU!"
    05-01-09 08:17 PM
    I understand logic completely. I also know Verizon's policies and procedures very well and I will tell you right now that unless you disconnected and re-activated a new line, or did an AOL you were not dropped mid cycle. Now, if you were a VIP then switched your price plan and Feb 28th 2009, or 2008 came around and you did not qualify then yes you were dropped so it may have seemed like you were. You can only be enrolled/de-enrolled once per year. I have confirmed this with many sources. So please, stop.
    I was dropped for one reason according to 611. I went from 900 minutes to 450 minutes dropping me out of the VIP program. THe difference was that when I called to verfy in January, I was still a VIP so the rep confirmed it as such

On a side note, when I did change my plan to 450, I asked a rep if the price plan required for VIP status was acumulative or just based on base price. She stated it was acumulative and since I had a BB data plan andunlimited texting, I did qualify. WHen the rep in February told me I was dropped because of a change in price plan, he stated that the program was based on BASE pricing, not accumulative pricing!

TOO COMPLICATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm pretty sure that is why they canceled the amnesty minute part of the program
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-01-09 at 08:25 PM.
    05-01-09 08:23 PM
    no false information from me. I simply stated what has happened to me which is FACT! It probably does state the conditions of the VIP program on their website if I look at the fine print. And frankly, if I'm a VIP, what the company is saying is that I am a loyal paying customer and I am being offered a benefit. If this benefit causes more hassle and more scrutinizing of the fine print rather than just asimple, YOU ARE OR YOUR NOT a VIP, then I respectfully say "NO THANK YOU!"
    You act like it's Verizon's fault you were de-enrolled from a program because you changed your calling plan. Did Verizon make you change your plan? If they told you that you would be de-enrolled come Feb 28th, would you have still changed your plan? You keep telling people they can be dropped from the VIP program at the drop of a hat, which is a LIE, not a FACT. You are not enrolled in the VIP program any longer, so no need to say "NO THANK YOU!". No worries
    05-01-09 08:27 PM
    You act like it's Verizon's fault you were de-enrolled from a program because you changed your calling plan. Did Verizon make you change your plan? If they told you that you would be de-enrolled come Feb 28th, would you have still changed your plan? You keep telling people they can be dropped from the VIP program at the drop of a hat, which is a LIE, not a FACT. You are not enrolled in the VIP program any longer, so no need to say "NO THANK YOU!". No worries
    you WILL be dropped without notification so YES, that is a DROP OF A HAT and not a LIE! And no, Verizon didn't make me change my plan, I did! Verizon also did not notify me that my VIP status was on a condition that I would remain on a $59.99 plan or higher.

There's no fight here. It happened, I got the credit anyway, and now it seems like amnesty minutes are not even part of the prgram anymore. heads up is hardly enough reason to cause a childish fire fight on here...
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-01-09 at 08:41 PM.
    05-01-09 08:29 PM
    I was dropped for one reason according to 611. I went from 900 minutes to 450 minutes dropping me out of the VIP program. THe difference was that when I called to verfy in January, I was still a VIP so the rep confirmed it as such

On a side note, when I did change my plan to 450, I asked a rep if the price plan required for VIP status was acumulative or just based on base price. She stated it was acumulative and since I had a BB data plan andunlimited texting, I did qualify. WHen the rep in February told me I was dropped because of a change in price plan, he stated that the program was based on BASE pricing, not accumulative pricing!

And I'm pretty sure that is why they canceled the amnesty minute part of the program
    I'm pretty sure they canceled the amnesty minutes to cut down on credits. Verizon gives an astonoshing amount of credits just in a months time. I know just one call center for a month had over $500,000 worth of credits that it had given.... Cut down on credits, grow profit. Smart business.
    05-01-09 08:30 PM
    I'm pretty sure they canceled the amnesty minutes to cut down on credits. Verizon gives an astonoshing amount of credits just in a months time. I know just one call center for a month had over $500,000 worth of credits that it had given.... Cut down on credits, grow profit. Smart business.
    March OC&C's were about $16,000,000. Anybody that says Verizon never gives credits is flat out lying.
    05-01-09 08:34 PM
    however, those credits are justified. Verizon will not give out credits if it wasn't their fault to begin with
    you WILL be dropped without notification so YES, that is a DROP OF A HAT and not a LIE!
    You will be de-enrolled on Feb 28th, just like the website says. Sorry that you don't read the website, it's on the front page. If you don't read what you're getting into, you'll never be notified. And being de-enrolled ever Feb 28th, is not the drop of a hat. A drop of the hat means "immediately; instantly; on the slightest signal or urging." Immediately is not once a year.
    March OC&C's were about $16,000,000. Anybody that says Verizon never gives credits is flat out lying.
    For all of Verizon Wireless, or just one call center? I was just talking about one call center in particular. But it was for a few months ago.
    05-01-09 08:36 PM
    however, those credits are justified. Verizon will not give out credits if it wasn't their fault to begin with
    They gave you credits when you "intentionally" went over your minutes because you knew ( or thought ) that you had the amnesty minutes. How was it Verizon's mistake that made you go over your minutes?

Also, not all credits are justified. Lots of people call in to have their $5 late fee's waived, or their $1.99 MB charge waived. And customer service will just waive it without provacation because if the call gets escalated to a supervisor, they will credit it anyway, even though they're valid charges and not Verizon Wireless' mistake.
    05-01-09 08:39 PM

When did you change your price plan? If you changed in Dec, Jan to 450 you were dropped on Feb 28th 2009.

You did not get dropped right when you changed your plan (Unless you changed it on 2/28 I guess).
    05-01-09 08:42 PM
    They gave you credits when you "intentionally" went over your minutes because you knew ( or thought ) that you had the amnesty minutes. How was it Verizon's mistake that made you go over your minutes?

Also, not all credits are justified. Lots of people call in to have their $5 late fee's waived, or their $1.99 MB charge waived. And customer service will just waive it without provacation because if the call gets escalated to a supervisor, they will credit it anyway, even though they're valid charges and not Verizon Wireless' mistake.

I negotiate everything. You want a late fee, you're getting $2.50 . Your balance also better be paid in full before you call me for a late fee credit.
    05-01-09 08:43 PM
    I negotiate everything. You want a late fee, you're getting $2.50 . Your balance also better be paid in full before you call me for a late fee credit.
    Hehe, nice! Ever had someone with a non-return fru fee want all of their late fee's for the past 3 months credited because they just sent the phone back two days ago?
    05-01-09 08:45 PM
    Ok, so per
    Special Discounts

You may be eligible for a discount on your monthly access fee based on your affiliation with an organization that has an agreement with us, or if you qualify under a government employee discount program. To validate that you meet the eligibility requirements for such a discount, we may require you to provide proof of your affiliation with your organization upon activation of service or when you make changes to your account or (other than for a government employee discount program) we may share certain information relating to your service (including your name, your wireless telephone number and total monthly charge) with your organization to verify your affiliation. We may adjust your discount in accordance with your organization's agreement with us and remove your discount after your minimum term expires or if you end or change your affiliation with the organization. You agree that any change or removal of your discount, based on your affiliation with the organization or your organization's agreement with us, shall not be considered to have a material adverse effect on you.
    Your discount can be removed at any time if it is found to be incorrect.

If you have a 90% discount because of your employer but they go out of business or stop doing business with Verizon, you will lose that discount and be stuck. It's not Verizon's problem your employer changed their contract.

Now, while the OP's employer's contract probably did not change any time recently, Verizon is obligated to uphold the terms which means ensuring all discounts are up to date and valid. The removal of this discount is the same as when they go through and increase the discount because the company signed a new contract with a higher discount.
    05-01-09 08:52 PM
    Thank You Zachrtw. Just in this forum already feels like talking to a CR over the phone.... all negatives with no possible resolution.

I'm in sales myself. If I offer a product to a customer, and the customer accepts my product, then I have to give the product to that customer at the current price with the current guidelines of that sale. If I have misunderstood the guidelines and offered the product with the wrong guidelines, I would have to honor that particular product with that customer as long as that customer has that product. Now, if the customer changes thereafter, the customer would have to go with the current guidelines at that time.

I, as the seller of that product, would have to go by what was sold and agreed to at the original time of sale. I couldn't and wouldn't go back and say, "We were wrong and this is what it is and will be" or "I don't know why they said that, but the past is behind us". If I was wrong in the sale, I would expect my employer to take it out of my compensation and not take it out on the customer.

Like Zach said, Policy is not the law. I have policies at my work and with policies, there are grey areas. Policies are there to go by, but sometimes they are missed. They can be changed as well. Sheesh, just by listening Sruvy above..... "Come on now, I've seen Env2's with Unlimited Email and Web for Blackberry features"..... It is a policy that an Env2 is not allowed to have Blackberry features... but it's been seen.

Now.... it's not a matter of can't do right for the customer, it's a matter of won't.

"At Verizon, we never stop working for you" I remember they used to say something when you called CS..... something to the fact "No Worry Free Guarantee".....

If they can't live by their words... then what????
    05-01-09 08:53 PM
    When did you change your price plan? If you changed in Dec, Jan to 450 you were dropped on Feb 28th 2009.

You did not get dropped right when you changed your plan (Unless you changed it on 2/28 I guess).
    I changed it on my cycle date in mid december down to 450. Guess at this point, I was dropped from the plan. However, It still showed as VIP in mid January when I called t verify because I was close to going over my minutes. Once the rep confirmed that I was good to go with amnesty minutes, I used 100 or 200 more minutes. Once the bill printed and came out in late Feb/March, I wanted to apply amnesty minutes and the rep stated that I was not on the prgram anymore. Upon further research, she stated that I was dropped because of the price plan change in mid dec. However, because of the discussion with the rep in Jan verifiying my VIP status before I went over my minutes, she was able to honor a credit.

A completely justified credit since a rep said, "you can apply your amnesty minutes as you ARE a VIP for the month of January!"
    05-01-09 08:54 PM
    For all of Verizon Wireless, or just one call center? I was just talking about one call center in particular. But it was for a few months ago.
    All of Verizon. It came out to about $2,000 per rep which means there are people giving away the farm. I don't know anyone that was over $500 for the month.
    05-01-09 08:55 PM
    I changed it on my cycle date in mid december down to 450. Guess at this point, I was dropped from the plan. However, It still showed as VIP in mid January when I called t verify because I was close to going over my minutes. Once the rep confirmed that I was good to go with amnesty minutes, I used 100 or 200 more minutes. Once the bill printed and came out in late Feb/March, I wanted to apply amnesty minutes and the rep stated that I was not on the prgram anymore. Upon further research, she stated that I was dropped because of the price plan change in mid dec. However, because of the discussion with the rep in Jan verifiying my VIP status before I went over my minutes, she was able to honor a credit.

A completely justified credit since a rep said, "you can apply your amnesty minutes as you ARE a VIP for the month of January!"
    You were not dropped when you change your plan. You were dropped on 2/28 when the snapshot was taken. So when you called to get credit for your "unfair charges." You were not a VIP.
    05-01-09 08:58 PM
    All of Verizon. It came out to about $2,000 per rep which means there are people giving away the farm. I don't know anyone that was over $500 for the month.
    I believe that email said it was just the west area. We issued $196M I think in 2008.
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 05-01-09 at 09:10 PM.
    05-01-09 08:58 PM
    Like Zach said, Policy is not the law. I have policies at my work and with policies, there are grey areas. Policies are there to go by, but sometimes they are missed. They can be changed as well. Sheesh, just by listening Sruvy above..... "Come on now, I've seen Env2's with Unlimited Email and Web for Blackberry features"..... It is a policy that an Env2 is not allowed to have Blackberry features... but it's been seen.

Now.... it's not a matter of can't do right for the customer, it's a matter of won't.

"At Verizon, we never stop working for you" I remember they used to say something when you called CS..... something to the fact "No Worry Free Guarantee".....

If they can't live by their words... then what????
    I highly doubt the discount can be added again ( maybe by a store again ), but once another audit goes through, the discount would be removed again as well, because it's invalid. I'm sorry that you were given misinformation. I really am. But the system will not allow anyone at a call center to add the discount to priceplan that doesn't qualify. ( Unlimited plans, Nationwide+Canada, and Nationwide+Mexico (coming 05/03 ) ), are all promotional price plans, and do not qualify for any additional discounting. The best you can hope for ( which probably will not happen ), is to have someone discount you the $20 every month until your 2 year term is up or you change your calling plan. Good luck!
    05-01-09 09:00 PM
    Ok, so per

Your discount can be removed at any time if it is found to be incorrect.

If you have a 90% discount because of your employer but they go out of business or stop doing business with Verizon, you will lose that discount and be stuck. It's not Verizon's problem your employer changed their contract.

Now, while the OP's employer's contract probably did not change any time recently, Verizon is obligated to uphold the terms which means ensuring all discounts are up to date and valid. The removal of this discount is the same as when they go through and increase the discount because the company signed a new contract with a higher discount.

So are you saying that if my employer signs a new contract with a higher discount, that Verizon will "AUTOMATICALLY" give me that higher discount??? I'm sure you don't mean that, because I'd find it hard to believe that Verizon would do that.
    I could see Verizon decreasing a discount "RIGHT AWAY" on a new contract with a lower discount. They'd be happy to do that.
    I would only see Verizon giving a higher discount on a new contract when a customer of that employer comes in for a change.
    05-01-09 09:04 PM
    So are you saying that if my employer signs a new contract with a higher discount, that Verizon will "AUTOMATICALLY" give me that higher discount??? I'm sure you don't mean that, because I'd find it hard to believe that Verizon would do that.
    I could see Verizon decreasing a discount "RIGHT AWAY" on a new contract with a lower discount. They'd be happy to do that.
    I would only see Verizon giving a higher discount on a new contract when a customer of that employer comes in for a change.
    What he said is true. I had a discount with my company for 20%, my company's contract expired and they re-negotiated with VZW, and now my discount is 25%. I got an email about a change on my acct on a certain date, and I called in to ask about it, and that's what it was, they increased my discount. It happens.
    05-01-09 09:06 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD