05-03-09 01:38 AM
97 1234
tools
    How many minutes do you actually use? Under 2000?

I definately need the Unlimited Plan. I use between 2K and 4K a month in minutes. There is nothing that Verizon has now that I can go to. I used to have the 4K/month plan. That's why I switched over to the Unlimited Plan when it came out.
    I "Specifically" asked the sales rep AND made it clear to confirm that I would get the "20% Corporate Employee Access Discount". I have a signed receipt from the store indicating my new Unlimited Plan with the 20% Corporate Employee Access Discount". And... I'm not confusing this with the VIP discount, which I think is a joke.
    I also have a letter mailed to me from Verizon confirming that I had changed my plan and receiving the 20% Corporate Employee Access Discount.
    05-01-09 04:04 PM
    in any case, to the op, yea, your situation was that you received a discount on service when the VIP program doesn't offer that. Still, be careful hen your on the VIP. You can be dropped wthout notice as well...
    Dropped from VIP? What does VIP really give me?
    - 25% off accessories? (get that from corporate discount)
    - 1 time over minute use (how does that help on an unlimited plan)
    - $50 discount on upgrades (ok.. used to be $100)

There really is no actual benefit of VIP, in my opinion.
    05-01-09 04:10 PM
    Copy of My Receipt

VERIZON WIRELESS
    Order Location: *********
    Order Type: **
    Receive Location: ************
    05/16/2008 13:36 PT ***********
    ==========================================
    MDN: ***********
    Calling Plan:
    NATIONWIDE EMAIL & MSG UNLIMITED ANYTIMEMINS
    UNL BLACKBERRY $149.99 0208
    Effective Date: 05/16/2008
    Contract End Date: 05/16/2010
    Static IP Address:
    Included Features:
    CALLER ID
    BUSY TRANSFER
    3-WAY CALLING
    CALL DELIVERY
    CALL WAITING
    NO ANSWER TRANSFER
    CALL FORWARDING
    TXT MSG W PER MSG CHARGES
    UNL NIGHT & WEEKEND MIN $0
    BASIC VOICE MAIL - $0
    MESSAGE WAITING INDICATOR
    Selected Features:
    GENERAL IP ADDRESS
    BLACKBERRY CORP PROVISION
    STREAMLINED BILLING - $0
    BLACKBERRY EVDO FOR MB $0
    NEW EVERY TWO MULTI TIER
    NATIONAL ACCESS ROAMING
    IN CALLING NATL UNLIM - $0
    UNL PICTURE/VIDEO MSG
    UNL TEXT MESSAGING
    Insurance:
    TEC ASURION - $5.99
    Promotions:
    20% CORPORATE EMPLOYEE ACCESS DISCOUNT
    The addition of certain newly-added
    features or optional services will be
    effective as of today, and not as of the
    effective date of your new calling plan.
    Mtn: *********
    Esn: *********
    Items :
    WAR6002 1 YR. MFG. WARRANTY
    Items received:
    PLAN/FEATURE BROCHURE
    WELCOME GUIDE
    ASURION WPP BROCHURE
    Taxes & surcharges apply & may vary.
    Federal Universal Service Charge of 11.3%
    of interstate & int'l telecom charges
    ( varies quarterly based on FCC rate )
    and a $.07 Regulatory Charge and $.70
    Administrative Charge per line/month are
    our charges, not taxes.
    ** A G R E E M E N T **
    I understand that if I am porting in
    my phone number from another service
    provider, I may owe that provider an
    early termination fee and other
    charges, and I understand that, during
    the porting process, the ability for
    me to receive calls, including return
    calls from 911 personnel, will not be
    available.
    I AGREE TO THE CURRENT VERIZON
    WIRELESS CUSTOMER AGREEMENT (CA),
    INCLUDING THE CALLING PLAN, (WITH
    EXTENDED LIMITED WARRANTY/SERVICE
    CONTRACT, IF APPLICABLE), AND OTHER
    TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SERVICES AND
    SELECTED FEATURES I HAVE AGREED TO
    PURCHASE AS REFLECTED ON THE RECEIPT,
    AND WHICH HAVE BEEN PRESENTED TO ME BY
    THE SALES REP. AND WHICH I HAD THE
    OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW.I UNDERSTAND THAT
    I AM AGREEING TO AN EARLY TERMINATION
    FEE OF UP TO $175, LIMITATIONS OF
    LIABILITY FOR SERVICE AND EQUIPMENT,
    SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES BY ARBITRATION
    AND OTHER MEANS INSTEAD OF JURY TRIALS
    AND OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS IN THE CA.
    Account Holder Signature:
    05-01-09 04:18 PM
    I definately need the Unlimited Plan. I use between 2K and 4K a month in minutes. There is nothing that Verizon has now that I can go to. I used to have the 4K/month plan. That's why I switched over to the Unlimited Plan when it came out.
    I "Specifically" asked the sales rep AND made it clear to confirm that I would get the "20% Corporate Employee Access Discount". I have a signed receipt from the store indicating my new Unlimited Plan with the 20% Corporate Employee Access Discount". And... I'm not confusing this with the VIP discount, which I think is a joke.
    I also have a letter mailed to me from Verizon confirming that I had changed my plan and receiving the 20% Corporate Employee Access Discount.
    I'm not sure why the rep would've said it applies, but that's behind us. Have you though about switching back to the 4k plan? It does qualify for the discounting.

The reason why I asked about the 2000 minutes is because the unlimited and the 2000 minute package are the same price, but only the 2k can be discounted.
    05-01-09 04:24 PM
    I'm not sure why the rep would've said it applies, but that's behind us. Have you though about switching back to the 4k plan? It does qualify for the discounting.

The reason why I asked about the 2000 minutes is because the unlimited and the 2000 minute package are the same price, but only the 2k can be discounted.
    Just another side note: while on the minute plan you will also qualify for the Friends and Family. Unlim plans do not need the feature
    05-01-09 04:32 PM
    I wasn't saying they were going to give him his discount on the unlimited plan, but I am sure they would do something to make it up to this guy. Give him a discount on something else, or let him upgrade early, or something. Like I said, I've never hung up the phone from speaking to CS and not felt like my issue had been handled in SOME way. I can't remember a time where I was told "there is nothing we can do for you"

Be nice and you will get SOME results. Call up all pissed off because your discount was removed, and they are far more likely to tell you there is nothing they can do.
    Agreed. Being nice goes a long way.

CS has told me that unlimited plans don't qualify for discount because it is a promotional deal. Verizon needs to get their head out their u know what and realize that unlimited calling is no longer a promotion, its a practicality. Sprint offers everything for $99 and Verizon only offers $99 for calling, then you still have to pay $20 for texting and another $30 for data. Not to mention another $10 for GPS with ONLY VZ Nav.

Its already a $60 difference between the 2 CDMA Carriers per month! Now they still want to make it more by eliminating corporate discounts because of this non sense that unlimited calling is a promotion????? Rediculous!

I guess $60 difference in pricing isn't enough for them...
    Haven't we been over this already? Didn't I explained to you value? Value != dollar for dollar matching.

thats the only reason i didnt go unlimited, i get a 15% discount for working for the competition
    We give sprint employees 20% I think, haha.

VIP Gets you waived fees, such as activation, restocking, mdn change and other fees. VIP also gets you early upgrade after 1 year with $50 discount.
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 05-01-09 at 04:44 PM.
    05-01-09 04:40 PM
    If the OP was really on the "unlimited" plan he never received a discount on the monthly plan. He did not, no. A message even pops up saying "this plan doesnt qualify for corporate pricing."
    I am really on the "Unlimited" plan. My statement from 3/28 says:

CHARGES
    Monthly Access Charges
    Currenlty Calling Plan 3/29-4/28 149.99
    West Corp EMP Access Disc 20% 03/29 - 04/28 -30.00
    TEC Insurance - Asurion 03/29 - 04/28 5.99

On the left side of "CHARGES"... It says....

Your Calling Plan
    Nationwide Email & MSG Unlimited Anytime Mins Unl BlackBerry $149.99 0208
    $149.99 monthly access charge
    Unlimited monthly general minutes

M2M National Unlimited
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile

Unl Night & Weekend Min
    Unlimited OFFPEAK

Unl Text Messaging
    Unlimited M2M TXT
    Unlimited TXT Message

BlackBerry EVDO for MB
    Unlimited monthly megabyte

Beginning on 02/13/07:
    20% Corporate Employee Access discount

Unl Picture/Video MSG
    Unlimited monthly PIX-FLIX
    05-01-09 04:59 PM
    Don't mean "at all cost!"

gees, I like Banana Republic over Old Navy! So instead of paying $29.99 for a shirt, I'm going to pay $500...

Phone service is different because of monthly service, however, the point is that just because something might be more premium, doesn't mean that it should be out of pricing control!

I already accept the premium price for a slightly better network and 3G. This promotion thing doesn't affect me much in that I am 100% fine with my F&F and 900 minutes. But if I needed an unlimited plan, I can promise you that I would look the other way if I can't, at the very LEAST, add my corporate discount to my plan!
    If the pricing was so out of control, Verizon Wireless would be putting themselves out of business. A smart business knows, "How much can we charge for this, and still have millions of customers willing to pay for it?" And that's what AT&T and Verizon Wireless have done. They are the top two dogs in the game, and they're pricing is almost, if not, identicle. As for Sprint, the reason their prices are so low ( now, they didn't used to be ), is because they're losing customers so fast, they have to offer cut-throat prices, practically paying customers to take service with them, so they can keep a small piece of the pie. T-mobile is the same way, they charge far less, but they don't have as many customers on their network to support. Also from my expierence with Sprint, T-mobile, AT&T, and Verizon Wireless, I find T-Mobile doesn't have the coverage I need when traveling to see family in all parts of the US, with Sprint, I had ok coverage, but near my home I had service for about 3 months, then something happened to the cell tower near my house, and I wasn't able to recieve a signal for two months, so I canceled with them and moved on to AT&T, home of the most dropped calls I had ever had in 15 days, so I went to Verizon Wireless, and haven't had any issues since.

As far as the unlimited plan goes, it is a promotion. The 2,000 minute basic plan is $99.99 just like the unlimited plan. You can pay more money for the 3k, 4k, and 6k minute plans and have limited minutes, but still get your discount. Unlimited is a promotion because it's cheaper than the 3k, 4k, and 6k minute plans. How is it not a promotion if unlimited is $99.99 and for 3,000 minutes costs more than that?

I wouldn't say impossible, just very unlikely.

I've seen lines with lines with zero features on them, not even text with per message charges. Lots of things can happen in Vision and it looks like someone was scrubbing the promo discounts report and found this error and fixed it. Notification east needed since its part of the plan literature that unlimited doesn't qualify for discounts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's not Vision, it's NetACE, it can do anything it wants. I have seen corp discounts added with NetACE ( at a store ), on plans that don't qualify, but AOC removes them after auditing.
    05-01-09 06:32 PM
    Vision (ACSS) is what is used in a call center Scurvy. We have access that netace will never know
    05-01-09 06:59 PM
    I've been wall flower for a long time, but for some reason this bit of corporate speak really got to me. Maybe because I've heard that same condescending phrase dropped on me after calling to because I was lied to in the store.

Assuming that what the OP said was true, and that his documents are legit (big assumption I know) then Verizon has an obligation to honor that agreement. Oh but wait, the contract clearly says does not apply... Sorry, but someone told him it did, someone also billed him like it did, someone billed him for quite a long time like the discount applied. Now Verizon's answer is, Sorry you screwed up and are at fault, but we will charge you what ever we want??!!?

That's what is happening, take them to small claims court, have them serve the papers to the the manager at the store where you bought it. Verizon created this situation, and clearly they should keep giving him the discount till the contract expires. If Verizon makes the rule, then they can change the rule. The only thing keeping you from getting a discount is a policy. Policies are not like the laws of thermodynamics, they can and will be broken.

Verizon is clearly in the wrong here. I don't know why they said that, but that's behind us? How do you figure that gettinthere ? The contract billing is clearly in the present, and the contract goes into the future. I hate to break it to you, but companies are accountable for the actions of their employees during the course of work. Why did they say that? Either they were a bad employee or they were wrongly trained. Who's fault is that? Well that would be Verizon's fault for hiring them and not training them. What is said in the store is binding, if you can prove it. OP can, he can point to the paperwork and say, see this is what I was told, and this is what I should pay. Verizon needs to suck it up and give him his $20 a month or whatever. If that's what is keeping you from going bankrupt then you have worse things to worry about. A court of law and not some uppity CSR with a headset are the final word when it comes to contract dispute.

The sad thing is, I like Verizon, and haven't had too many problems in the 8-9 years I've been with them. When I've had problems that couldn't be resolved to my satisfaction over the phone they have always been taken care of in person at the store.

Instead of trying to argue with the OP like he has been robbing you for months and getting away with a big scam, see what's going on. Do you think someone in the store told him he could have the discount? You know they did. Man up and honor that.

OP don't change plans, don't pay more money. Be nice, and polite, and don't loose your cool. Call, and ask to be transferred till you can get someone who can make this right. If you don't get quick resolution call your State Attorney general, they can often fix things with a simple call to inquire about what's going on.
    05-01-09 07:03 PM
    Vision (ACSS) is what is used in a call center Scurvy. We have access that netace will never know
    Come on now, I've seen Env2's with Unlimited Email and Web for Blackberry features, I've also seen _every_ feature on an acct removed. NetACE doesn't seem to have any kind of failsafe. While acss checks provisioning, it won't allow conflicts. At a store in NetACE you can add any SFO to an acct, or remove any SFO. But with acss, it will only allow you to add what's applicable to the acct ( ie. it won't even give you an option to add Email and Web to an Env2 because it knows it's not supposed to have it ). In acss, I've had tech reps that have had problems adding on Block National Access to certain phones ( I think it is the Adventure ), because you have to remove OTA Software Update feature ( which can't be done by CS, but can be by TECH )... But, according to my last statement, maybe tech reps can force the addition or removal of SFO's. But I know customer service cannot
    05-01-09 08:04 PM
    I can remove it I'm special I guess.
    05-01-09 08:30 PM
    I can remove it I'm special I guess.
    I thought we had already established you and lastraid are both special
    05-01-09 08:38 PM
    Difference between vip and corp discounts. It looks like teo of you get confused on what the discoubnts are. And what does he have to be careful about? Can the cust svc reps remove vip? I don't think so but I may be wrong.

You have to be careful in the area of amnesty minutes. If you are dropped without notice and go over your minutes thinking you are a VIP, you may end up SOL if they tell you "nope, your not on the VIP anymore!" It happened to me when I intentionally went over my minutes knowing I had the VIP benefit.

Turns out that changing my calling plan inDecember forced me off the VIP progam, however, it was still on my account in January (month in advance thing) when I verified it for my Feb minute cycle. Come march, the bill had a $200 overage and I was not a VIP even though I called in Jan to make sure I was.

I was granted a courtesy because they saw my communication with them about this issue. But if I wasn't so persistant, I would have a $200 higher bill

I agree with you... Or at least, very little benefit to loyal customers
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-01-09 at 08:56 PM.
    05-01-09 08:45 PM
    Again you're only enrolled/de-enrolled from VIP once per year. That is in Feb usually. You can not be dropped mid year. Rican does not know what he's talking about.

Even if they did drop you mid year, why is that wrong? If the VIP program requires certain things and you stop qualifying, why should you still retain the benefits?
    05-01-09 08:48 PM
    I thought we had already established you and lastraid are both special
    This is true
    05-01-09 08:48 PM
    You have to be careful in the area of amnesty minutes. If you are dropped without notice and go over your minutes thinking you are a VIP, you may end up SOL if they tell you "nope, your not on the VIP anymore!" It happened to me when I intentionally went over my minutes knowing I had the VIP benefit.

Turns out that changing my calling plan inDecember forced me off the VIP progam, however, it was still on my account in January (month in advance thing) when I verified it for my Feb minute cycle. Come march, the bill had a $200 overage and I was not a VIP even though I called in Jan to make sure I was.

I was granted a courtesy because they say my communication with them about this issue. But if I wasn't so persistant, I would have a $200 hire bill

I agree with you... Or at least, very little benefit to loyal customers
    Just so you're aware, the VIP Amnesty minutes have been done away with. VIP customers are under the same policy as normal customers with the Overage Policy. It is a new change.
    05-01-09 08:52 PM
    Again you're only enrolled/de-enrolled from VIP once per year. That is in Feb usually. You can not be dropped mid year. Rican does not know what he's talking about.

Even if they did drop you mid year, why is that wrong? If the VIP program requires certain things and you stop qualifying, why should you still retain the benefits?
    Okay, let's say someone was on vip and had a customer-caused billing disaster (the deadbeat was late and had service disconnected). Then they paid up and got service restored. Would this have affected the vip enrollment even if it was say in October? Could this be what happened to him?

05-01-09 08:54 PM
    Correct. I believe this was changed on 4/28?
    05-01-09 08:56 PM
    Okay, let's say someone was on vip and had a customer-caused billing disaster (the deadbeat was late and had service disconnected). Then they paid up and got service restored. Would this have affected the vip enrollment even if it was say in October? Could this be what happened to him?

No. Feb is the only enrollment time.
    05-01-09 08:56 PM

because if you are a VIP and have amnesty minutes..... and u use them but were not notified of being takin off the program, you will be unfairly charged.

Its quite simple to understand this, I assure you! Just try to read carefully and I'll speak with small words and simple sentences
    05-01-09 08:57 PM
    because if you are a VIP and have amnesty minutes..... and u use them but were not notified of being takin off the program, you will be unfairly charged.

Its quite simple to understand this, I assure you! Just try to read carefully and I'll speak with small words and simple sentences
    I'm not sure what you don't understand. If you're on a qualifying price plan and qualify for the VIP program, then you change your calling plan to a plan that doesn't qualify, why would you feel you're still entitled? It's like netflix, if you pay $16.99 you can check-out 3 movies at a time. Let's say you change your netflix plan to the $8.99 plan that only allows one rental at a time, do you expect netflix to still allow you to check out 3 movies at a time? Same principal. You stopped paying for the VIP program, so you were dropped. Simple as that. When you're not in the program, you don't qualify for the perks.
    05-01-09 09:03 PM
    because no one specified anywhere that you had to be on a qualified pricing plan. You receive a card that says your a VIP, thats it! Your CS rep tells you your a VIP, thats it! THis entitlement argument is really getting old and I wish I knew where it comes from as you wear that philosophical phrase on your forehead for some strange reason!
    05-01-09 09:07 PM

Unfaily charged? You mean for minutes that you actually used and went over? I'm also sure you can refrain from using small words because I'm sure I have a higher IQ than you do. You have constant spelling mistakes like "rediculous" what is that? Maybe you should concentrate on spelling before you try to insult my intelligence.
    05-01-09 09:07 PM
    because no one specified anywhere that you had to be on a qualified pricing plan. You receive a card that says your a VIP, thats it! Your CS rep tells you your a VIP, thats it! THis entitlement argument is really getting old and I wish I knew where it comes from as you wear that philosophical phrase on your forehead for some strange reason!
    I'm a CS rep and I tell people the reason why they're a VIP.

Also, you're still wrong. VIP does not de-enroll until Feb. The only way you can get dropped from VIP mid cycle would be to disconnect and/or do an AOL to a new account.
    05-01-09 09:10 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD