05-03-09 01:38 AM
97 123 ...
tools
    I'm a VIP customer at Verizon (if that ever really means anything). I've had the unlimited calling plan ever since Verizon came out with it. When I first signed up for this plan, I confirmed that my 20% corporate discount would apply to this calling plan. And it did for the past several months.

All of a sudden, I get my bill this today and there is no 20% discount on my plan. I called CS and they said that the 20% discount does not apply to the Unlimited Calling Plan. I told CS that I've been receiving this 20% discount ever since I started the Unlimited Plan and that I was told that the 20% discount would apply to this plan. CS said that I was mis-informed and that I've been getting this discount in error.

I received no notice of not receiving this discount. No call, No letter, No email.

VIP???? Bull****. I've had Verizon since it was even before Verizon, when it was GTE. And I've put up with all the high prices and charges for this and that. But now I'm tired of it.

They offered to honor the 20% discount this last time for this billing cycle but the next cycle will not have it.

I will be leaving Verizon before this next cyle hits.

Any "VERIZON" employees have anything to say about this?
    05-01-09 10:57 AM
    You are confusing the VIP program with your employer discount. The VIP program does not offer discounts off your monthly service.

The VIP discount gives discount off accessories, waives certain fees, free phonebook transfers and gives you a $50 discount off a device when you do an annual/early upgrade.

The 20% discount you speak of is a result of your employer's contract with Verizon Wireless. Those discounts don't apply to unlimited calling plans.

I apologize that you were misinformed about the discount applying to the unlimited calling plans, but that isn't part of the contract that your employer signed with Verizon Wireless. You said yourself that you did get the discount for several months which is more than other folks got if they had a corporate discount and were on the unlimited plan.

While you may not be getting the discount on the monthly bill, you should still be able to get the data feature discounts if you have an add-on feature for Blackberry. You should still also qualify for the 25% discount and should still have the option to take corporate pricing on equipment when you are eligible for your standard upgrades.

Also, if you don't truly need unlimited calling, then you can go back to a limited minute plan and your monthly discount will be reinstated.
    05-01-09 11:19 AM
    I'm not an employee and while i think it sucks, they do state on their website:

Unlimited Calling Plan
    Nationwide Unlimited Anytime Minute Plans are not eligible for any monthly access discounts

That's the reason I never switched to Verizon's unlimited plans when they came out. Good luck with which ever carrier you go to.
    05-01-09 11:21 AM
    I would call up Verizon and speak to someone else. Be NICE and explain the situation. Chances are they will do something for you. I've yet to call customer service with a problem, whether it be billing or equipment issues, and not hung up the phone satisfied that I had it resolved.

If you call up with an attitude, they are less likely to work with you.
    05-01-09 11:26 AM
    I would call up Verizon and speak to someone else. Be NICE and explain the situation. Chances are they will do something for you. I've yet to call customer service with a problem, whether it be billing or equipment issues, and not hung up the phone satisfied that I had it resolved.

I this case there is nothing CS can do no matter how much nice one is. The plan does not qualify for discounts. He can switch back to minute plan and get the discount. Sorry
    05-01-09 11:31 AM
    I'm a VIP customer at Verizon (if that ever really means anything). I've had the unlimited calling plan ever since Verizon came out with it. When I first signed up for this plan, I confirmed that my 20% corporate discount would apply to this calling plan. And it did for the past several months.

All of a sudden, I get my bill this today and there is no 20% discount on my plan. I called CS and they said that the 20% discount does not apply to the Unlimited Calling Plan. I told CS that I've been receiving this 20% discount ever since I started the Unlimited Plan and that I was told that the 20% discount would apply to this plan. CS said that I was mis-informed and that I've been getting this discount in error.

I received no notice of not receiving this discount. No call, No letter, No email.

VIP???? Bull****. I've had Verizon since it was even before Verizon, when it was GTE. And I've put up with all the high prices and charges for this and that. But now I'm tired of it.

They offered to honor the 20% discount this last time for this billing cycle but the next cycle will not have it.

I will be leaving Verizon before this next cyle hits.

Any "VERIZON" employees have anything to say about this?
    How many minutes do you actually use? Under 2000?
    05-01-09 11:36 AM

I'm not sure what else you expect to be done. The OP already admitted he got several months worth of the discount. Yes, he was misinformed about the discount, but like the OP mentioned, he already got several months of a discount that he shouldn't have received. It sounds like he wants his discount back, but they aren't going to add a discount for which he doesn't qualify.

Also, if he truly is using enough minutes to justify an unlimited calling plan, then he is already saving money since the old limited minute plans over 2000 minutes were more than $99.99 per month. Also, the last time I checked, he still had the option to go to the 2000 min plan (if he doesn't use more than 2000 minutes) and get his 20% discount on that. The old limited minutes plans above 1350 min were still available the last time I checked, they just aren't advertised.
    Last edited by JDnLou; 05-01-09 at 11:39 AM.
    05-01-09 11:37 AM
    If unlimited is really necessary it sounds like you may need to switch carriers. If not just switch to a different plan i'm sure you cant be on the phone that much.
    05-01-09 11:38 AM
    Switch carriers and get a discount with them? Have fun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 12:53 PM
    PM me your contact info if you want someone to look into it for you. (corporate sales rep) But as the others have said the unlimited plan does not qualify for any kind of monthly discount because it is a promotional plan.
    05-01-09 01:15 PM
    Also, it was never eligible for a discount. So if you were getting a 20% access discount, you did not have the unlimited plan. 100% can not happen.
    05-01-09 01:16 PM
    Correct. I think you thought you were getting the discount. It auto drops off when you change plans.

05-01-09 02:55 PM
    I this case there is nothing CS can do no matter how much nice one is. The plan does not qualify for discounts. He can switch back to minute plan and get the discount. Sorry
    I'm not sure what else you expect to be done. The OP already admitted he got several months worth of the discount. Yes, he was misinformed about the discount, but like the OP mentioned, he already got several months of a discount that he shouldn't have received. It sounds like he wants his discount back, but they aren't going to add a discount for which he doesn't qualify.

Also, if he truly is using enough minutes to justify an unlimited calling plan, then he is already saving money since the old limited minute plans over 2000 minutes were more than $99.99 per month. Also, the last time I checked, he still had the option to go to the 2000 min plan (if he doesn't use more than 2000 minutes) and get his 20% discount on that. The old limited minutes plans above 1350 min were still available the last time I checked, they just aren't advertised.
    I wasn't saying they were going to give him his discount on the unlimited plan, but I am sure they would do something to make it up to this guy. Give him a discount on something else, or let him upgrade early, or something. Like I said, I've never hung up the phone from speaking to CS and not felt like my issue had been handled in SOME way. I can't remember a time where I was told "there is nothing we can do for you"

Be nice and you will get SOME results. Call up all pissed off because your discount was removed, and they are far more likely to tell you there is nothing they can do.
    05-01-09 03:02 PM
    CS has told me that unlimited plans don't qualify for discount because it is a promotional deal. Verizon needs to get their head out their u know what and realize that unlimited calling is no longer a promotion, its a practicality. Sprint offers everything for $99 and Verizon only offers $99 for calling, then you still have to pay $20 for texting and another $30 for data. Not to mention another $10 for GPS with ONLY VZ Nav.

Its already a $60 difference between the 2 CDMA Carriers per month! Now they still want to make it more by eliminating corporate discounts because of this non sense that unlimited calling is a promotion????? Rediculous!

I guess $60 difference in pricing isn't enough for them...
    05-01-09 03:03 PM
    CS has told me that unlimited plans don't qualify for discount because it is a promotional deal. Verizon needs to get their head out their u know what and realize that unlimited calling is no longer a promotion, its a practicality. Sprint offers everything for $99 and Verizon only offers $99 for calling, then you still have to pay $20 for texting and another $30 for data. Not to mention another $10 for GPS with ONLY VZ Nav.

Its already a $60 difference between the 2 CDMA Carriers per month! Now they still want to make it more by eliminating corporate discounts because of this non sense that unlimited calling is a promotion????? Rediculous!

I guess $60 difference in pricing isn't enough for them! Verizon wants MORE AND MORE!

You and your logic... Have you ever used sprint? How about using it in a rural area? I dont have to go any further.
    05-01-09 03:05 PM
    You and your logic... Have you ever used sprint? How about using it in a rural area? I dont have to go any further.
    Don't mean "at all cost!"

gees, I like Banana Republic over Old Navy! So instead of paying $29.99 for a shirt, I'm going to pay $500...

Phone service is different because of monthly service, however, the point is that just because something might be more premium, doesn't mean that it should be out of pricing control!

I already accept the premium price for a slightly better network and 3G. This promotion thing doesn't affect me much in that I am 100% fine with my F&F and 900 minutes. But if I needed an unlimited plan, I can promise you that I would look the other way if I can't, at the very LEAST, add my corporate discount to my plan!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-01-09 at 03:13 PM.
    05-01-09 03:10 PM
    thats the only reason i didnt go unlimited, i get a 15% discount for working for the competition
    05-01-09 03:12 PM
    in any case, to the op, yea, your situation was that you received a discount on service when the VIP program doesn't offer that. Still, be careful hen your on the VIP. You can be dropped wthout notice as well...
    05-01-09 03:14 PM
    thats the only reason i didnt go unlimited, i get a 15% discount for working for the competition
    I think this is called indsutry courtesy
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-01-09 at 03:42 PM.
    05-01-09 03:14 PM
    Well Sprint is the same way and going out on a limb here all other carriers are too with their unlimited min plans.
    05-01-09 03:41 PM
    I wasn't saying they were going to give him his discount on the unlimited plan, but I am sure they would do something to make it up to this guy. Give him a discount on something else, or let him upgrade early, or something. Like I said, I've never hung up the phone from speaking to CS and not felt like my issue had been handled in SOME way. I can't remember a time where I was told "there is nothing we can do for you"

Be nice and you will get SOME results. Call up all pissed off because your discount was removed, and they are far more likely to tell you there is nothing they can do.
    You mean like not back charging him for an invalid discount and then giving the discount for one more month anyway? OP already got that.

05-01-09 03:43 PM
    You mean like not back charging him for an invalid discount and then giving the discount for one more month anyway? OP already got that.

If the OP was really on the "unlimited" plan he never received a discount on the monthly plan. He did not, no. A message even pops up saying "this plan doesnt qualify for corporate pricing."
    05-01-09 03:45 PM
    Then there is a another side to this conversation IMHO. How may VZW customers still get a corporate discount that do not work for those companies anymore.
    05-01-09 03:48 PM
    in any case, to the op, yea, your situation was that you received a discount on service when the VIP program doesn't offer that. Still, be careful hen your on the VIP. You can be dropped wthout notice as well...
    Difference between vip and corp discounts. It looks like teo of you get confused on what the discoubnts are. And what does he have to be careful about? Can the cust svc reps remove vip? I don't think so but I may be wrong.

05-01-09 03:50 PM
    If the OP was really on the "unlimited" plan he never received a discount on the monthly plan. He did not, no. A message even pops up saying "this plan doesnt qualify for corporate pricing."
    I wouldn't say impossible, just very unlikely.

I've seen lines with lines with zero features on them, not even text with per message charges. Lots of things can happen in Vision and it looks like someone was scrubbing the promo discounts report and found this error and fixed it. Notification east needed since its part of the plan literature that unlimited doesn't qualify for discounts.

05-01-09 04:00 PM
97 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD