How come Verizon won't let you upgrade your phone early? Sprint lets you upgrade early as long as you renewed your 2 year contract.

I want a new bb with OS 6 and VZW won't let me. I would like to upgrade without paying the ridiculous full price for the phone. What a way to keep customers happy. This really disappoints me. Other than that my service is outstanding and stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 06:01 AM
    So buy private sale. That's you're only other option. VZW would lose their arse if they let people upgrade whenever. The used to let a primary line do it after 1 year but no more.
    02-09-11 10:25 AM
    How dare a company consider profit over loss. I mean really, what is this world coming to.
    02-09-11 10:27 AM
    If you were eligible for upgrade, it looks like the Curve 3G would cost you around $60 with a two year contract (Its $30 plus about $30 in sales tax after rebate.)

You could probably find one out of contract for around $150-$190. Then when you are eligible you can buy a discounted phone and you could sell it to make your money back.

Check out the marketplace forum on crackberry and ebay. Just make sure the ESN is clear with Verizon before purchasing.
    02-09-11 10:35 AM
    How come Verizon won't let you upgrade your phone early? Sprint lets you upgrade early as long as you renewed your 2 year contract.

I want a new bb with OS 6 and VZW won't let me. I would like to upgrade without paying the ridiculous full price for the phone. What a way to keep customers happy. This really disappoints me. Other than that my service is outstanding and stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You signed a contract knowing full well when you would next be able to upgrade. You're basically complaining that Verizon is following the contract you signed. So that makes you a moron.
    02-09-11 05:37 PM
    Since you have an 8530, the most you could have owned your phone for currently would be a 1 year and 3 months. You have 5 months to go at least for your normal upgrade. If you are the primary line and at least a year into your contract, you can take advantage of your last Annual Upgrade as long as you're paying 49.99 or more for your access charges. Call VZW. See what they can do. They might make an exception. Also, 6.0 has barely been out a couple weeks, and this is not a valid reason for VZW to just start handing out free phones to you just because you want the newest thing out. Check out your upgrades with them. If you can't upgrade, pay full retail or wait like the other 95 million customers have to.
    02-09-11 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD