Ok so yesterday I called wanting to activate my 4th 9550 (POS) because I was told by a vzw employee that the program where you change your device when you get 4faulty phones is not in place is it true? On to the story, so I argue with them about upgrading and I am given 2 options. Option 1: get a basic pos device. Or 2 ; use my early upgrade that was in July and move it down to now. That was back in may. So flash forward to yesterday, I called because I'm interested in the droid X or the incredible. Well I was told no my contract is up until Feb 2011. I said no, my early upgrade. The rep told me. Sorry, early upgrades are only for primary lines. WTF? I have been early upgrading my primary and secondary line since 2007. so can anyone tell me what's going on. Every csr tells me a different story. Is it because its an eay upgrade I can't upgrade to a new device? Also how do I know if I am a VIP customer? My bill is about $170 a month. Anybody with info your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 08:33 AM
    VIP is gone and everything else seems true.

06-25-10 09:53 AM
    You'd do an alternate upgrade I think. The primary line gets the annual upgrade (every 12 months) , the secondary line gets one every 20 months.
    06-25-10 12:35 PM
    Everything sounds right. Like snork said: "Primary line gets the annual upgrade, then secondary line gets one every 20 months."

My suggestion is try to find someone you know that has an upgrade they'd be willing to give you. I used my sisters upgrade to get a phone a year ago, and I wasn't even on her account.
    06-26-10 11:49 AM
    Well ok. But was this changed recently?. I have always changed phones every 12months. Primary and secondary, and had never heard of this

06-26-10 08:44 PM
    Ok so yesterday I called wanting to activate my 4th 9550 (POS) because I was told by a vzw employee that the program where you change your device when you get 4faulty phones is not in place is it true? On to the story, so I argue with them about upgrading and I am given 2 options. Option 1: get a basic pos device. Or 2 ; use my early upgrade that was in July and move it down to now. That was back in may. So flash forward to yesterday, I called because I'm interested in the droid X or the incredible. Well I was told no my contract is up until Feb 2011. I said no, my early upgrade. The rep told me. Sorry, early upgrades are only for primary lines. WTF? I have been early upgrading my primary and secondary line since 2007. so can anyone tell me what's going on. Every csr tells me a different story. Is it because its an eay upgrade I can't upgrade to a new device? Also how do I know if I am a VIP customer? My bill is about $170 a month. Anybody with info your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

dude heres what u have to do, go here: https://survey.verizonwireless.com/vzwsurvey/ complain about what ur complaining about, and how u pay xx$$ a month and ur a good cust and stuck with crap devices, and ur really unhappy( u know how to tell a sob story to get what u want im sure right), put ur not likely to refer anyone to vzw(they hate that) and send it.

be patient, it took them 3 weeks to call me back after i sent a survey. but the manager closest to you will call u(store manager) and offer you an early upgrade(thats what they did me). they did that for me(i got early ones for storm1, and tour) and now got a standing one for whatever phone i want(plus just got the new bold for free on a tour replacement). but do that survey, they hook u up, i know 4 others that did it that i am in contact with that vzw took care of them. trust me it works, its just being patient for that call to come. lmk how it works pm me or something.
    06-27-10 01:02 AM
    Yes, complete the survey and ruin its purpose just like the "fru to new" or multi exchange program...

06-27-10 03:48 AM
    Yes, complete the survey and ruin its purpose just like the "fru to new" or multi exchange program...

It will never end.
    06-27-10 04:41 AM
    Well ok. But was this changed recently?. I have always changed phones every 12months. Primary and secondary, and had never heard of this

No you havent. The secondary line is not eligible for an annual upgrade......unless you only do 1yr contracts. Thats the only way you would be able to upgrade both of your lines after 12 months. The primary can upgrade every 12 months if you meet the requirements(which family plans do) but the secondary lines have to wait the full 20 months.
    06-27-10 11:06 AM

No, it was never changed. You have never been able to upgrade a secondary line annually, unless on a one year contract, so you may be confused with something else.
    06-28-10 10:38 AM
    Well someone was hooking me up, because I in fact did. I got the lg voyager. A year later the 9530 and a year later the 9550 in both lines on 2 year contracts. Oh well. Ill find a way to get my upgrade.....

06-28-10 07:06 PM
    Well someone was hooking me up, because I in fact did. I got the lg voyager. A year later the 9530 and a year later the 9550 in both lines on 2 year contracts. Oh well. Ill find a way to get my upgrade.....

Not the way things are now. You wont be upgrading your secondary line early, thats how it is.
    06-29-10 03:02 PM

VIP ended Feb 28 2010 http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=o5eFuSKG
    06-29-10 03:05 PM
    Hey Pk, when did you change your screen name?

06-29-10 05:29 PM
    Hey Pk, when did you change your screen name?

That's not PK the moderator. Thats just someone with a similar name. I made the same mistake.

06-29-10 06:15 PM
    Hehe...thanks mario

06-29-10 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD