04-24-08 01:06 PM
63 123
tools
    Having a BB without a data plan is just complete stupidity. Seriously, why would you do that? Not trying to be a d**k, but I just don't get it I guess. If its because you can't afford the data service, then what the **** are you doing buying a blackberry?

Kinda interesting knowing you can have a BB without a data plan though. LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Responses like this are complete stupidity.

At the hospital I work at, we text so much its scary. Am I the only one who thinks the internet looks likes **** on the BB? It's pretty damn slow too. But it's a fantastic little gadget for texts and organizing.

Not to mention, when it comes to what it starts out as, a PHONE, it's the best quality I've found so far.

If I wanted to e-mail or browse the web, I would have bought an iPhone.

Now I have my phone, with unlimited texts and no additional crap that I don't need and it only costs me 40$ a month.
    03-25-08 08:42 AM
    Wait so you can't text and make phone calls on the Iphone? I don't see your point if your are going to buy an expensive device why not get the one with the features you want.

03-25-08 08:54 AM
    Business Voice and Data Plans

By the way, new data plans were announced back in November, but I wasn't aware of them until I found out about them at CrackBerry.com couple of months ago. Now I am on $30 data plan since mid-February.
    Yea that site shows 45 for the PDA data. Its 30 for bb addon so why were you paying for the 45 dollar plan which is used for the other phones not BB? It was always 30 for the bb addon.
    03-25-08 09:00 AM
    Yes!!! orle8050, you and I will be great friends after this!! OOOOOHHHHHHH, CHIIILLLLDDDDDDDDDDD!! IPHONE GUYS RIGHT!!! 2+2=5!! sOMETHINGS NOT RIGHT HERE!!! By the same token, ORLE, you have some explaining to do with me!! Pin me, and we'll chat!!
    03-25-08 09:01 AM
    Wait so you can't text and make phone calls on the Iphone? I don't see your point if your are going to buy an expensive device why not get the one with the features you want.

You can text/call from the Iphone, but I was going with Verizon, and I wanted a phone that worked. I have a few friends that either have or had IPhone, and none of them could stand it. The calls were miserable quality, and they had a dropped call every other time they picked up the phone.

not to mention, last time I checked, everywhere I went had a computer. I have 3 at home, at work, computers everywhere. I can't even go to starbucks without having access to a computer. Not a dire necessity to have it in my pocket. I understand some people either need it, or just want to feel important, either way.. I don't need it, and the origin of this topic was stripped down to the fact that these phone companies try to tell you that you HAVE to have a data package. Wrong. You don't.

I couldn't be happier with my data-free phone.

I did have data on there to begin with, but it was a miserable experience and I'd rather put the money to a better use.
    03-25-08 09:28 AM
    So Who Has Had Luck Disabling The Data Feature, IOW, Having It Turned Off?
    Last edited by dpslusser; 03-31-08 at 11:19 PM.
    03-31-08 09:32 PM
    Yea that site shows 45 for the PDA data. Its 30 for bb addon so why were you paying for the 45 dollar plan which is used for the other phones not BB? It was always 30 for the bb addon.
    $45 is for BES.
    04-01-08 11:14 PM
    There is some info in this thread that i promise you is downright bogus. Another key is if you go in to a store, and by some miraculous feat you buy one without a data package, you will not recieve the 100.00 advanced data credit. Which for you dummies means you pay 100.00 more up front.

You can not have a bb through Verizon without a data plan. If people within the company are doing it, they are compromising their job for you
    04-02-08 09:31 AM
    There are 2 $45 data plans the pda one and the bes one it sounded like he had the pda one on his bb.

04-02-08 09:34 AM
    I am getting sooo tired of seeing people having to defend them self about not having data on there BB. Do you people understand that there are other great features on a BB other than data. Yes, BBs are expensive but it is a one time purchase. People can have money to do that. Data is a monthly purchase that adds up to a lot of money over time. Some people cant afford that. I am one of them. So please stop questioning people as to why they don't have data. Sorry for the rant. Peace!
    04-02-08 10:24 AM
    Sorry for bringing this post up again, but some things need to be stated.

All Verizon BlackBerry devices need a data plan. And there are plenty of reps out there who will tell you that you do not need a data plan. They do not know the difference between a windows mobile device, a palm device, and a blackberry. Windows mobile devices and Palm devices DO NOT need a data plan.

If they are able to remove the data plan, any time you make a change to the account, that data plan will get added right back. And they will not be able to remove it.

Sorry. That's the truth.
    04-11-08 08:08 PM
    In the near future by RIM's hand all blackberry's sold with have to have data plans in order to be activated. The provider wanting you to have a data plan is not there idea. Data plans are created by RIM and sold to providers, with the exception that they have to push that data plan first.
    04-24-08 11:56 AM
    My wife has used a BB 7250 for several years without the data plan. Now she is due for renewal and apparently there is no work-around for the new mandate. She obviously uses it to sync the organizer features with her laptop and now will be charged $25-$40 per month to use the same features. She does email constantly on her laptop, but doesn't text and has no desire to have email on her phone.

Now it's either their way or the highway!

urghhh!!!!!!
    04-24-08 01:06 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD