So I have BIS, 450 min, unlimited text, tethering and I think that's about it. I get a 20% discount through work. Went into a local store today to ask about how much it would cost to upgrade to the unlimited talk plan.

The rep told me, after she played around with some different options, that my discount would not be applied anymore if I went unlimited. Is that correct, that the discount wouldn't apply for the BIS or tethering or any of it, or just doesn't apply to the unlimited voice part of the bill and leaves it in effect for the data portion?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 10:21 PM
    when i was on sprint it was the same way...now im trying to get my discount for VZW but they require my work email for my spacific company and not every one gets an email only people who need them...and i contacted my employer and they said they dont have a Address to give me and that email is the only way now it tell sme im eligible for a discount when i put what would be my email if they gave me one and i said my discount options have been emaild to me any ideas to work around this?
    07-30-10 10:26 PM
    So I have BIS, 450 min, unlimited text, tethering and I think that's about it. I get a 20% discount through work. Went into a local store today to ask about how much it would cost to upgrade to the unlimited talk plan.

The rep told me, after she played around with some different options, that my discount would not be applied anymore if I went unlimited. Is that correct, that the discount wouldn't apply for the BIS or tethering or any of it, or just doesn't apply to the unlimited voice part of the bill and leaves it in effect for the data portion?

You just don't get a discount on the voice plan, everything else still applies.

07-30-10 11:34 PM
    I have a corporate discount and don't have a business email. All I did was take proof of employment to Verizon. I get the discount off voice and the data and accessories. But they don't cover the unlimited plan
    07-31-10 12:27 AM
    when i was on sprint it was the same way...now im trying to get my discount for VZW but they require my work email for my spacific company and not every one gets an email only people who need them...and i contacted my employer and they said they dont have a Address to give me and that email is the only way now it tell sme im eligible for a discount when i put what would be my email if they gave me one and i said my discount options have been emaild to me any ideas to work around this?
    Go to store with proof of employment i.e. badge, pay stub, business card and they will submit to have it applied for you.
    07-31-10 12:40 AM
    The unlimited voice plan is known as a "promotional plan" and promotional plans are not discountable.
    07-31-10 06:43 AM
    Go to store with proof of employment i.e. badge, pay stub, business card and they will submit to have it applied for you.
    Why go to the store? Just do it online through MyVerizon.
    07-31-10 11:27 AM
    Just go here and click on the link that says "Don't have a work email address?" Follow the steps and all done!
    07-31-10 11:36 AM
    Just go here and click on the link that says "Don't have a work email address?" Follow the steps and all done!
    yea ive treid that too but ive used evry address i can think of for my copmany (NCO National Collections Organization)(Dont ask why a colletions agency does temo tech support but we do) ive even email our corperate office and they told me for NCO we can only use company email to apply for it and they are trying to compe up with an agreement with VZW to get it threw another way but untill then i just have to get promoted to get a company email so im SOL but in a way longe rmore formal manner

but i will try and go into a store on my day off to see waht they can do
    07-31-10 04:47 PM
    I'm pretty sure that employee discounts can't be added to Unlimited plans, so they couldn't get discounts on data.
    07-31-10 06:20 PM
    I'm pretty sure that employee discounts can't be added to Unlimited plans, so they couldn't get discounts on data.
    It depends on your employers program with Verizon. My employer allows 19% off voice plans and 20% off features such as web access and such.
    07-31-10 08:10 PM
    I get 20% off through my company.
    Two smart-phones, one dumb phone.
    700 minutes, unlimited text on the two smart-phones.
    07-31-10 08:12 PM
    I get 20% off through my company.
    Two smart-phones, one dumb phone.
    700 minutes, unlimited text on the two smart-phones.
    But still the issue at hand is corporate discounts on unlimited voice plans. At least for the (very large) company I work for, the VZW corporate discount specifically does not apply to the unlimited voice plan.
    08-02-10 02:13 PM
    Corp discount will not apply to unlimited voice plans. This is how it was on Sprint too. I dropped down to the next highest plan and my corp discount kicked in. If a rep tells you it can be applied they are wrong. I spent 2 billing cycles with our company rep at Verizon dealing with this until she realized I had an unlimited voice plan and she said the corp discount can never be applied to unlimited VOICE plans. I work for a very large company as well.
    Last edited by otacon72; 08-02-10 at 07:02 PM.
    08-02-10 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD