Strangely, my wife's Bold keyboard and all the buttons (all user input) don't do anything. It all started today with a phone call and it wouldn't answer it. We did a few battery pulls....nothing. I wiped the OS and reloaded the stock OS....nothing. It boots up just fine, but no buttons seem to work.

Any ideas?

MORE DETAILS: Sorry, I was side tracked...anyways, the phone was purchased 9/20/10. She received a refurbished like new because her first phone just wouldn't power on one day. She wasn't anywhere near a Verizon...out of the country, so they wouldn't replace it without her taking it to a store with the original box. So she got back into the country on day 31. She was more than happy to have a CLN device. It has worked flawlessly until tonight. She got a call for her dad, and it was all frozen up. It is under warranty...no insurance since we keep back up phones.
    Last edited by markhunsaker; 01-16-11 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Adding my original train of thought....
    01-16-11 10:29 PM
    You need a warrant replacement. But I am curious as to why you titled this thread "No Bolds for warranty replacements?"
    01-16-11 10:34 PM
    I too am curious?
    Did you have insurance? Is it under warranty?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 10:35 PM
    Sorry, I was typing it while I was on hold and talking on the phone with the rep...

I was told there is no Bold for a warranty replacement...they are completely out of stock. The screen for comparable replacements came up: Curve 3G or Storm 2...my wife wants...NEITHER! I wouldn't either. Well I love my Curve, but she loves her Bold. She doesn't want to have to downgrade and doesn't want a touch screen. We have an old Storm 2 lying around the house that we activated until maybe tomorrow. The rep is supposed to call me when he gets in and he'll check inventory again than. Fingers crossed.
    01-16-11 11:45 PM
    I'm sure the inventory will be replenished soon...this happens every so often.
    01-16-11 11:55 PM
    I'm sure the inventory will be replenished soon...this happens every so often.
    Yeah, I hope so. A rep called me back and left a message, they are hoping/expecting a new shipment of them Tuesday. Fingers crossed.
    01-17-11 12:53 AM
    I had the exact same issue with the keyboard not responding...

This happened Sunday night...I took a phone call and then nothing.
    So I did several battery pulls to no avail.
    It was suggested to do a re-install of my OS, but being a newbie, I was hesitant...I did do a backup though.

Called Verizon and after trying to get it to respond, they said that thew would just send a CPO replacment overnight....got it yesterday..

So, I'm not sure why I got one, if they said there were none in stock?
    Maybe I got lucky?
    01-19-11 08:41 AM
    So, I'm not sure why I got one, if they said there were none in stock?
    Maybe I got lucky?
    Or maybe they love you and want to marry you?
    01-19-11 01:13 PM
    They may have had them in your region. I'm in the west.

Anyways, the kind rep called me back, as promised Monday morning and had one overnighted to me. Wasnt home and forgot to put a note on the door, so I missed the package last night....but will get it today. Thanks Verizon!!!
    01-19-11 01:21 PM
    Least you know it brand spanking new
    01-19-11 02:24 PM
    Or maybe they love you and want to marry you?
    Lol! I wish...if that were the case than I should use that to my advantage and get unlimited talk, text, and data....for next to nothing!
    01-19-11 04:28 PM
    Least you know it brand spanking new
    mmmm i love the smell of freash blackberries in the moring...i got my GF a new bold and added her to my account for xmas and she loves it...i just cant let my storm 2 go tho ive tried too but i always come back to it...to the OP congrats on getting your phone back hope this one doesnt crap out on you
    01-19-11 06:07 PM
    mmmm i love the smell of freash blackberries in the moring...i got my GF a new bold and added her to my account for xmas and she loves it...i just cant let my storm 2 go tho ive tried too but i always come back to it...to the OP congrats on getting your phone back hope this one doesnt crap out on you
    Wow talk ahout being pussywhipped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD