Just went to 3 Corporate Verizon stores over the last couple days looking for the leather Blackberry case with the magnet for my Curve...should be easy, no problem you would think.
    I asked at all three if they had it becasue I couldn't find one out on the floor anywhere and .....
    1st Store- I was told they're out and wouldn't be restocking. What they have they have to hold on to for customers upgrading to the Curve.
    (Is this even a possibility for a Corp Store? I don't think so.)

2nd Store - Was told that it says for the Storm on the package but the Curve will fit. First of all the one he gave me did not say Storm on the package. It wasn't even a Verizon or BB package but it was a BB pouch inside. I tried right in front of him and it didn't fit. He said it'll loosen up with use. It barely fit half way in the pouch! Loosen up my a**!

3rd Store - They didn't have it but they had other cases for the Curve and told me to check back the next week and they should have more in. OK, that's 100% reasonable but I'm not waiting a week.

I am more or less just venting here because I know I could have ordered it on line with no problem but I have 3 corporate stores pretty close to where I live/work and none of them are out of my way.
    I have ordered it now but I thought it was pretty ridiculous that I couldn't get it from one of the stores.

EDIT: Sorry, for anyone wondering this took place in Norhtern NJ .
    Last edited by mkurz12; 04-21-09 at 02:40 PM.
    04-21-09 02:38 PM
    try best buy lol
    04-21-09 02:40 PM
    try best buy lol
    I should have, there is one near one of the stores.
    Just figured Verizon would be the easiest and most likely to have it in stock.
    WRONG!
    04-21-09 02:41 PM
    yeah usually best buy has some cases for the curve. I get my cases from amazon though
    04-21-09 02:43 PM
    I just ordered mine off of the Crackbery Store.
    I did get the Body Glove Snap Case from A Verizon Store a couple weeks ago. That thing is a tank. Makes it pretty bulky but it works great. Also Screen cover scratches easily but it keeps my screen safe. Should have put a screen protector on the screen protector HA!
    04-21-09 02:46 PM
    Just went to 3 Corporate Verizon stores over the last couple days looking for the leather Blackberry case with the magnet for my Curve...should be easy, no problem you would think.
    I asked at all three if they had it becasue I couldn't find one out on the floor anywhere and .....
    1st Store- I was told they're out and wouldn't be restocking. What they have they have to hold on to for customers upgrading to the Curve.
    (Is this even a possibility for a Corp Store? I don't think so.)

2nd Store - Was told that it says for the Storm on the package but the Curve will fit. First of all the one he gave me did not say Storm on the package. It wasn't even a Verizon or BB package but it was a BB pouch inside. I tried right in front of him and it didn't fit. He said it'll loosen up with use. It barely fit half way in the pouch! Loosen up my a**!

3rd Store - They didn't have it but they had other cases for the Curve and told me to check back the next week and they should have more in. OK, that's 100% reasonable but I'm not waiting a week.

I am more or less just venting here because I know I could have ordered it on line with no problem but I have 3 corporate stores pretty close to where I live/work and none of them are out of my way.
    I have ordered it now but I thought it was pretty ridiculous that I couldn't get it from one of the stores.

EDIT: Sorry, for anyone wondering this took place in Norhtern NJ .
    Our inventory in our stores is based on what we sell. If we don't sell any quantity of any kind of accessory one week, we don't get them in the next, so it's not always easy to have in everything a customer wants all the time.
    04-21-09 07:17 PM
    Our inventory in our stores is based on what we sell. If we don't sell any quantity of any kind of accessory one week, we don't get them in the next, so it's not always easy to have in everything a customer wants all the time.
    I can understand that but I still feel the answers I recieved (other than the one where I was told to check back next week) were pretty unexceptable.

1) Telling me that they have them but can't sell me one incase someone upgrades to a Curve and wants the case.

2) Trying to sell me a case for a different phone when it obviously doesn't fit.

Telling me "Sorry we're out." then if I ask why, following up with what you just told me would have been a perfect answer.
    04-22-09 07:33 AM
    The case in question is free with all Sprint Curve 8330, and given that there must be some % of folks who immediately moved on to a skin or a holster.

So why not post a thread in the Sprint forum and ask as I would guess there are many laying around that someone will deal to ya...

just not me tho
    04-22-09 09:02 AM
    To the OP...are you talking about the holster or the leather version of the case that came with your curve?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 09:15 AM
    All of the accessories that I have purchased for my 8330 did not come from the Verizon store. What little they offer, I did not like. However, TMOBILE has quite a nice selection of Curve accessories which is where the majority of my skins etc have come from.

Just becuase you have a Verizon curve does not mean you have to purchase your accessories there. I would venture to another carriers store, particularly T-Mobile, I am certain you will be plesantly surprised.
    04-22-09 09:43 AM
    Why VZW store? Tons through Ebay and UBID and probably a lower price. Even Wally World has reasonable facsimilies. My little BB emblem fell off about day 3.
    04-22-09 09:58 AM
    You cand find a lot of cases on this site why look elsware.
    04-27-09 09:15 AM
    I too get the majority of my accessories from other carrier stores.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD