So I've brought both of my sons back from the dark side (iPhone) one now has a Q10 and the other has the Z30 (Verizon exclusive, remember that for later). My wife, after comparing the hardware specs and reading the reviews about the poor iPhone 5s battery life, was all set for the Z30. She is leaving a Motorola DROID RAZR because it freezes so bad she can't answer a call. We live 2 hours away from the nearest corporate store where you have to do the early edge program. I get to the store. No BlackBerrys, no Z30, no Q10, not even a Z10. I was told by the salesperson that the store would have to order one from the warehouse and I could come back on Friday. I raised hell. Verizon advertised the phones available in store and have them on display, albeit, not nearly as prominently placed as iPhone or the gazillion Android devices they have on display. In the lame, blame BlackBerry because there is such little demand for the phone apology by the assistant manager he actually ask if I really wanted the Z30 and told me about the "better os and apps" of iPhone. Is this the same in your Verizon corporate stores? Is it any wonder they aren't selling more phones? Someone told me Verizon sales reps make more money on iPhone and Android. Is this true?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Tim6191; 03-06-14 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Dog made drop phone and post before I was finished
    03-06-14 05:48 PM
    It's absolutely crazy that VZW has no phones available in their corporate store! Amazing! This is why the brand has a lot of trouble gaining momentum. No devices to see and touch and try!
    03-06-14 06:07 PM
    Haters, I have a Z10 and was searching for the Q10 and T-mobile didn't have it in the store at a main City... No BlackBerry's at all, only Android, Ios and some W8...

I left the store directly.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 06:11 PM
    One of the problems here is even when a customer walks in and wants to buy a BlackBerry, and the rep still says to go and look at an Android or iPhone and likely the usual rhetoric against BlackBerry. In this case, and in many cases stated on CrackBerry where the shopper has already intended to buy a BB10 device, they weren't swayed to another platform.

Now consider the same treatment if a customer walks in with an open mind to test out each device, comes across a working BB10 device (which we've heard is becoming a rare sight), is intrigued and likes the device, then the rep persuades them over to an iPhone or Android device. The typical argument seems to be along the lines of "General consumers wouldn't like BB10, they'd rather use a platform familiar to more people". I have to wonder how many people would have liked using a BB10 device over the device they ended up with, and after seeing that person happy with their BB10 device would have looked into one for their next device?

It's absolutely crazy that VZW has no phones available in their corporate store! Amazing! This is why the brand has a lot of trouble gaining momentum. No devices to see and touch and try!
    To be fair, this is one of the few cases where the store did have a display of working models, they just didn't carry any stock of them. Not that that's considerably better, I suppose.
    03-06-14 07:46 PM
    We have been with Verizon for about 12 years. In the beginning there were lots of choices and the sales reps knew enough about the differences between them to be able to sell you what you needed and wanted. Now there only seems to 2 and they don't know anything about the phones that aren't ios or android. The sales rep waiting on me was sporting a Z30 for business and an iPhone for fun(?). I was telling her why I like my Z10 and about calling over wifi with BBM. She had no idea you could do that much less a clue about downloading android apps straight to your phone. It okay to be a long time loyal costumer Verizon customer but by the phone we sell you.

Can anyone confirm that sales reps make more $$$ selling iPhone and Android?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 11:58 PM
    I haven't heard that lol I get the same amount of commission for every smart phone. Now I've seen some reps who only sell apple or android to make easy $. Out of the 4 stores I've worked at I'm the only rep who sells windows phones. Customers are usually interested in BB10 whenever I give a quick demo on my Z10, but there's nowhere to send them to get one. But hands down T Mobile has the dumbest reps IMO

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 12:22 AM
    Z30 is direct to fulfillment. Needs to be ordered. Stores have demo, that's it. Shocked no Q10 or Z10, strange but better off ordering and avoiding store. No, reps don't get paid more for any phone. Regular pay plus commission for a target number of activations with new contracts regardless of phone. Phones bought for full retail without contract upgrade doesn't count towards goals.

Sorry for your troubles. Best advice, order online, customer service is much better.

So I've brought both of my sons back from the dark side (iPhone) one now has a Q10 and the other has the Z30 (Verizon exclusive, remember that for later). My wife, after comparing the hardware specs and reading the reviews about the poor iPhone 5s battery life, was all set for the Z30. She is leaving a Motorola DROID RAZR because it freezes so bad she can't answer a call. We live 2 hours away from the nearest corporate store where you have to do the early edge program. I get to the store. No BlackBerrys, no Z30, no Q10, not even a Z10. I was told by the salesperson that the store would have to order one from the warehouse and I could come back on Friday. I raised hell. Verizon advertised the phones available in store and have them on display, albeit, not nearly as prominently placed as iPhone or the gazillion Android devices they have on display. In the lame, blame BlackBerry because there is such little demand for the phone apology by the assistant manager he actually ask if I really wanted the Z30 and told me about the "better os and apps" of iPhone. Is this the same in your Verizon corporate stores? Is it any wonder they aren't selling more phones? Someone told me Verizon sales reps make more money on iPhone and Android. Is this true?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    03-07-14 01:17 AM
    I was told by a Verizon CS rep over the phone that the early edge upgrade could only be done in a corporate store that's why we drove 2 hours to get the phone there. We are 2 hours from anywhere and usually do everything on the phone or online. They are usually very helpful when you call in. The manager made things right about getting the phone. They order one and shipped it to my house. I left the store with a preaddressed envelope to send my wife's phone back in. If they would have said Z30 aren't stocked in store that would have made things a smidgen better but I got the "they just don't sell" line.

I also still see it as a big problem that the Z30 nor any other BB10s were in the store. If someone is going to drive to the store they want to leave with a phone that day in most cases. If you have a sales staff that not only doesn't sell BlackBerry but actually encourages people to use Android or iPhone it's no wonder BlackBerry is losing ground.

BlackBerry will have to come up with so creative advertising to generate interest in their phones but Verizon has to give BlackBerry a fair shake in the stores too.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 11:05 AM
    I agree 100%! I had the same thing happen to me. I called ahead to ensure Verizon had the Z30 in stock and was told they did. My husband and I drove to the store. The sales person pretended to go to the back for the phone and then returned stating they didn't have any, and that he would have to order me one. Once he checked the computer, he stated there were none available from the two warehouses they get their stock from. NONE AVAILABLE!!! I asked how could there be none available for a phone they sell exclusively! I spoke with the manager he gave me a dumb look and said I don't know what to tell you. We left the store came home and fired off a letter to the President of Verizon in our region. Two days later, we got a response and some very kool accessories for our new Z30. That's nice but it doesn't make me feel better that the next person will be sold something else because there are no Z30 available for purchase in the store.

I was told by a Verizon CS rep over the phone that the early edge upgrade could only be done in a corporate store that's why we drove 2 hours to get the phone there. We are 2 hours from anywhere and usually do everything on the phone or online. They are usually very helpful when you call in. The manager made things right about getting the phone. They order one and shipped it to my house. I left the store with a preaddressed envelope to send my wife's phone back in. If they would have said Z30 aren't stocked in store that would have made things a smidgen better but I got the "they just don't sell" line.

I also still see it as a big problem that the Z30 nor any other BB10s were in the store. If someone is going to drive to the store they want to leave with a phone that day in most cases. If you have a sales staff that not only doesn't sell BlackBerry but actually encourages people to use Android or iPhone it's no wonder BlackBerry is losing ground.

BlackBerry will have to come up with so creative advertising to generate interest in their phones but Verizon has to give BlackBerry a fair shake in the stores too.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 05:08 PM
    Here is my email to the Verizon district manager for the corporate store that had no Blackberry phones in stock.

Good afternoon Mr. ________ ,*

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with my visit to the Verizon corporate store at ___________ and concern about how your (or your bosses') inventory decisions and training practices are limiting my options as your customer.*

We were told to participate in the Early Edge program we would have to go to a corporate store to trade in our old phone. We did our research. *‎My wife was considering an iPhone 5s and the BlackBerry Z30. After comparing hardware, battery life and taking into consideration she would be able to add Android apps with the coming(?) upgrade to 10.2.1 she opted for the Z30, a Verizon exclusive.*

I have two complaints‎. First, after driving 2 hours (one way) to get to the corporate store not only were there no Z30s in the store, I was also told the store had 0 BlackBerry phones. There wasn't a Z30 within 500 miles according to your inventory program. There also weren't any cases in inventory. *At first the sales rep (very politely) told me she could order me one and in two days I could drive back to get it. I asked to be sold the display at a reduced cost... not an option. After asking who I could talk to about this unacceptable situation the manager came out and had the Z30 ordered and shipped to my house and gave me a self-addressed, postage paid envelope to send our old phone in. We got the phone yesterday, 5 days later. The reason they don't have Z30s in the ______store... "they just don't sell many." It has been a few years since we bought a device in a corporate store but it is no wonder you sell less BlackBerrys if you don't keep them on your shelves. Nine out of ten people coming into the store wanting to get a new phone will not be satisfied leaving without one. If the only options are Androids and iPhones it is very easy to see how you sell so few BlackBerry or Windows phones.

My second complaint is no one seemed to know anything about BlackBerry 10 phones. The sales rep was carrying a Z30 for work and a iPhone for fun. ‎She seemed to have basic understanding of how the Z30 worked but asked me how a key feature of the phone, BBM, allows you to place calls over wifi. *The assistant manager said he had briefly used one but he didn't seem to know much about them either except "they just don't have many apps." When we became Verizon customers back in 2002. There were several different phones available and the sales rep in the store could listen to what you were looking for and knew enough about the 8 or more different models to recommend one to fit your needs and make you happy. After coming into the store and specifically asking for the BlackBerry Z30 I was still asked if I really wanted a BlackBerry by both the sales rep and the assistant manager. That could be another reason you "just don't sell that many." That leads me to my concern.

We have been with Verizon for over 10 years because we like the coverage and the options we had in plans and in phones. If Verizon is only going to train or allow employees to sell the phones that have more ‎apps even to customers who specifically ask for something different and going to stop stocking phones because they don't sell as well, then I can see myself and others shopping for around for another carrier because we are going to end up with an iPhone or Android eventually as you continue to streamline our options down to none.*

Sincerely,
    tim6191

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
    03-11-14 07:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is why I have stopped buying phones at a VZW store. My last "oh, you want a BB? I also use a BB" VZW rep was the 9650, eons ago When I went in to get my 9930 about 2 years ago? Totally different experience. Almost stormed out of there because my VZW rep was making a big fuss about me buying a BB and kept coercing me to buy an iPhone and even an Android device "with a keyboard" while also going off about BB going out of business, the phone would get busted in a few months without service, etc. Because of my direct complaint to the store manager, I got a free cover and screen protector out of it but that didn't mend my experience at that store. Needless to say, that would be the LAST time I go into a store and attempt to buy a BB. I tried out the Z10 at the local Costco VZW kiosk (completely ignored by the VZW guys working that kiosk, btw) and also tried out the Q10 at a local VZW store without buying. I was surprised that they had the Q10 and Z10 out on the display floor, though the Z10 was a dummy unit. Again, the reps completely ignored me when I said I was just browsing and I was heading straight to the BBs. After playing around with the Q10 for a bit, I left and I went online a few days later and painlessly ordered my Q10 via Early Upgrade. This is what is has come to.

And yeah, how ironic that a "Verizon Exclusive" phone isn't available at a store...
    03-13-14 04:16 PM
    Well, when I complained to the store manager he supposedly gave me his district manager's email address and I sent the email above to it. Either it was the wrong email address or the guy is totally blowing off my complaint because I haven't heard so much as even an acknowledgment that he got the complaint.

Looks like if BlackBerry is going to stay in the game they are going to have to come up with a way to market and sell their phones directly to the consumers. If they could figure an economical way to do that where the masses weren't having to come up with $599 for a quality phone and were able to get an unlocked BlackBerry they could make a comeback in the US. Both my sons tried BlackBerry this go round. They both had iPhones and are both very satisfied with the new BlackBerrys. My wife has had her phone since Monday and aside missing the Snapchat notifications, is very satisfied. It's not the phone, it's the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 10:22 PM
    We have been with Verizon for about 12 years. In the beginning there were lots of choices and the sales reps knew enough about the differences between them to be able to sell you what you needed and wanted. Now there only seems to 2 and they don't know anything about the phones that aren't ios or android. The sales rep waiting on me was sporting a Z30 for business and an iPhone for fun(?). I was telling her why I like my Z10 and about calling over wifi with BBM. She had no idea you could do that much less a clue about downloading android apps straight to your phone. It okay to be a long time loyal costumer Verizon customer but by the phone we sell you.

Can anyone confirm that sales reps make more $$$ selling iPhone and Android?

Posted via CB10
    I know some of them get free phones to become advocates for a particular brand. The rep that sold me his personal z10 had become a Samsung advocate and Samsung had given him a new phone and one of those trendy little stupid watches. So yeah they do in a round about way.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 10:24 AM
    Here is my email to the Verizon district manager for the corporate store that had no Blackberry phones in stock.

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with my visit to the Verizon corporate store at ___________ and concern about how your (or your bosses') inventory decisions and training practices are limiting my options as your customer.*

We were told to participate in the Early Edge program we would have to go to a corporate store to trade in our old phone. We did our research. *‎My wife was considering an iPhone 5s and the BlackBerry Z30. After comparing hardware, battery life and taking into consideration she would be able to add Android apps with the coming(?) upgrade to 10.2.1 she opted for the Z30, a Verizon exclusive.*

I have two complaints‎. First, after driving 2 hours (one way) to get to the corporate store not only were there no Z30s in the store, I was also told the store had 0 BlackBerry phones. There wasn't a Z30 within 500 miles according to your inventory program. There also weren't any cases in inventory. *At first the sales rep (very politely) told me she could order me one and in two days I could drive back to get it. I asked to be sold the display at a reduced cost... not an option. After asking who I could talk to about this unacceptable situation the manager came out and had the Z30 ordered and shipped to my house and gave me a self-addressed, postage paid envelope to send our old phone in. We got the phone yesterday, 5 days later. The reason they don't have Z30s in the ______store... "they just don't sell many." It has been a few years since we bought a device in a corporate store but it is no wonder you sell less BlackBerrys if you don't keep them on your shelves. Nine out of ten people coming into the store wanting to get a new phone will not be satisfied leaving without one. If the only options are Androids and iPhones it is very easy to see how you sell so few BlackBerry or Windows phones.

My second complaint is no one seemed to know anything about BlackBerry 10 phones. The sales rep was carrying a Z30 for work and a iPhone for fun. ‎She seemed to have basic understanding of how the Z30 worked but asked me how a key feature of the phone, BBM, allows you to place calls over wifi. *The assistant manager said he had briefly used one but he didn't seem to know much about them either except "they just don't have many apps." When we became Verizon customers back in 2002. There were several different phones available and the sales rep in the store could listen to what you were looking for and knew enough about the 8 or more different models to recommend one to fit your needs and make you happy. After coming into the store and specifically asking for the BlackBerry Z30 I was still asked if I really wanted a BlackBerry by both the sales rep and the assistant manager. That could be another reason you "just don't sell that many." That leads me to my concern.

We have been with Verizon for over 10 years because we like the coverage and the options we had in plans and in phones. If Verizon is only going to train or allow employees to sell the phones that have more ‎apps even to customers who specifically ask for something different and going to stop stocking phones because they don't sell as well, then I can see myself and others shopping for around for another carrier because we are going to end up with an iPhone or Android eventually as you continue to streamline our options down to none.*

Sincerely,
    tim6191

Good response to them. They will probably suck up to you but unfortunately it won't help the rest of us.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 10:29 AM

Sincerely,
    tim6191

I love it when people send well-thought-out letters/e-mails like this to their carriers. It is a lot more effective than getting on the phone and yelling at the customer service who lives miles away for something they don't even understand.

Nice work!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    03-18-14 09:49 AM
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease apparently.

I sent the email to the district manager... no response.

I called customer service and complained about not even getting an acknowledgment about my inconvenience, much less the fact there no BlackBerrys in the store and they tried to sell me something else from the district manager... no response.

I guess a 10 year Verizon cash cow doesn't matter to Verizon much unless you throw around four letter words when you complain.

What a waste of time... all the follow up phone surveys after a call but when you have a legitimate gripe... chirp, chirp. So quiet you can hear the crickets.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 10:03 AM