Since Monday my BlackBerry has not connected to the Internet (voice works). Service Status shows "not connected" to BlackBerry Internet Service. I have a Verizon 8330 running v4.5.0.77 and I didn't do anything to it around the time it stopped working. Is there anything I can try or do I need to call Verizon? Thanks.
    04-30-09 09:58 PM
    I just noticed that I haven't received an email all day. Yet when I got home and started up my outlook my inbox was full. I have a Verizon 8338. Anybody else having issues?
    04-30-09 10:01 PM
    Update your PRL's *228 option 2. After this do a battery pull. THen try this. In options>mobile network, turn off data services save it and switch back to on after 30 seconds. Also make sure you 1XEV or 1X not 1x or 1xev.
    04-30-09 10:07 PM
    Update your PRL's *228 option 2.
    When I call a voice says "the number you have dialed is not a working number" and the screen says "Free Call Activation Start". When I hang up the screen prompts: "Activation unsuccessful!"

Also make sure you 1XEV or 1X not 1x or 1xev.
    Do you just mean in general, like the BlackBerry service doesn't work in 1x? I've had my BlackBerry for almost a year and I've browsed the Web on 1x with 2 bars plenty of times.

Thanks for the help.
    04-30-09 10:14 PM
    So you dialed *228 waited for the recording to start and then 2? you may have has a 1X if you have a 1x this means the device is not seeing data
    04-30-09 11:01 PM
    [QUOTE=Romestar;2438917]When I call a voice says "the number you have dialed is not a working number" and the screen says "Free Call Activation Start". When I hang up the screen prompts: "Activation unsuccessful!"

Check if you are in an extended network - I have tried to perform PRL updates in an extended network before and have received the same thing. It updates just fine after I get out of the extended network. Hope this helps.
    05-01-09 03:55 PM
    after the *228 did you do the battery pull?
    05-01-09 06:17 PM
    Just doing a battery pull seems to have fixed it. Thanks everyone.
    05-01-09 06:48 PM
    BB data (BIS) was actually down early in the week for about a day and a half. I called VZ and they said it was a nationwide issue that was bwing worked on. It is now working for me
    05-02-09 12:48 PM
    that usually fixes alot
    always try that first ....
    05-02-09 12:57 PM
    thats kinda funny being as it also did happen to me a couple times in the last

week but all i really did was a battery pull although it does take a million

years to reboot it did fix the problem . . .
    05-03-09 03:23 PM
    Vzw systems are down I was just in there and they couldnt even switch out my phone that is under warranty
    05-03-09 04:24 PM
    Billing system. has nothing to do with the data connection. it is now back up.
    05-03-09 04:52 PM
    I have customers with that problem every so often. Haven't figured out what causes it but a battery pull solves it every time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 04:55 PM
    Battery pulls fix ANYTHING wrong with a blackberry ha ha. When customers come in i have to try to explain it the nicest way possible because to most people (people that arent BB addicts) doing battery pulls once every 3 days is not acceptable

Vzw systems are down I was just in there and they couldnt even switch out my phone that is under warranty
    New system enhancements came out this morning and it basically locked our operating system nationwide for a short period of time. As of about noon CT all systems were back up.
    05-03-09 06:18 PM
    Yea i thought the service was kinda slow.
    05-07-09 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD