02-14-14 07:54 AM
65 123
tools
    I just spoke with Verizon's tech support and 10.2 isn't even scheduled to be released. So we are definitely going to be waiting a while for an update. The interesting thing to me was that(according to the rep) there were updates for legacy devices in December but nothing for BB10 owners. So with "winter" being the time frame given i think it's safe to say anybody with a VZW BB10 phone should find another means of an update if you're getting impatient

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 11:28 AM
    Actually I see that as a good thing. I would much rather not get 10.2 in lieu of getting 10.2.1 They have always been horrible about skipping releases. Can you imagine the user frustration of getting 10.2 only for them to skip 10.2.1
    01-08-14 11:34 AM
    Well in speaking to him it wasn't that 10.2 wasn't scheduled, its that no updates were scheduled at all i.e. 10.2 or 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 11:47 AM
    Verizon isn't really going to help out BlackBerry users with needed updates. They basically left it to the user to keep their own devices updated. Good thing for leaks!. I'm running 10.2.1 and loving every bit of it on my Verizon Z10. I strongly suggest you guy download the latest leak.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 12:14 PM
    I wonder what corporate BB10 users do.

I have to imagine the IT dept at those companies don't want to sit around waiting for service providers to release the updates, but leaks might be to risky, maybe they get the leaks and test them themselves?
    01-08-14 12:21 PM
    I'm not sure if they even do anything at all, a leak or a release from a different carrier is way too risky from an IT stand point and could jeopardize the security of the device

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 03:03 PM
    I'm not sure if they even do anything at all, a leak or a release from a different carrier is way too risky from an IT stand point and could jeopardize the security of the device

Posted via CB10
    I don't see any risk with installing a released OS from a compatible carrier.

It's simple, and non-destructive.

Posted via CB10
    oaknut john likes this.
    01-08-14 03:09 PM
    Some people are incompetent as service representatives. There needs to be more than one source, even if they "looked it up". I have had experiences at Verizon, to justify us finding more confirmations.
    01-08-14 06:31 PM
    Why bother even asking them? Most are clueless...
    illlya likes this.
    01-08-14 07:31 PM
    It does not surprise me one bit, if there is any truth to this. I never even got the maintenance update that most others got. That is why I took some peoples advice and ordered a Sim Card for Rogers 4G LTE. Just ordered it today and should be here in about a week. Through waiting for Verizon to come through on anything anymore. No phone should be made exclusive to Verizon as they don't treat it any differently. Oh I forgot if you are on an Android device or iphone, they will back you 100%. Not the case with BB
    thebatman25 likes this.
    01-08-14 07:50 PM
    Actually I see that as a good thing. I would much rather not get 10.2 in lieu of getting 10.2.1 They have always been horrible about skipping releases. Can you imagine the user frustration of getting 10.2 only for them to skip 10.2.1
    They will release a crappier build then everyone else has for sure. No high expectations of them here. All the testing they do, and they still release buggy O/S's and are behind everyone else with their builds. Missing features to be expected out of them
    01-08-14 07:53 PM
    I heard the same thing from Verizon while I was on the phone with them. My assumption is to not expect anything until February and be pleasantly surprised for anything earlier.
    thebatman25 likes this.
    01-09-14 08:59 AM
    I don't see any risk with installing a released OS from a compatible carrier.

It's simple, and non-destructive.

Posted via CB10
    While I agree, some said IT departments disagree and since they are in control of your phone, you couldn't make the change if you tried. Or at least that's how my Q10 is locked down.

Now my personal Z30 I'm using now, I could technically update to 10.2.1 but I don't see the reason to. I'm happy with how it functions on 10.2.0.xxxx and I guess I don't know what I'm missing since I just prefer BlackBerry for communication and I don't see how the leak to 10.2.1 improves email, texting, etc. I'm open to it just don't seem to have a reason.

Now if my Q10 was my personal device than obviously I'd be all over 10.2.1 to get some legacy features back to the home screen.

Sadly, my Q10 is work issued and can't be messed with...

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    01-10-14 12:30 AM
    I was told that verizon wireless would indeed be releasing the 10.2.1 update for Z10/Q10. I am scared to download the leak because I do not want to risk damaging my Q10. And I heard that they will be releasing the update sometime in January/February. I really hope that they stay on their game with this. A's it would be a real shame if they don't release the software.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 02:37 AM
    Running the 10.2.1.1925 leak here and it runs flawlessly on my Z10. I got sick of waiting around.

10.2.1.1925 and never going back.
    01-10-14 05:16 AM
    You know Verizon Don't care about BlackBerry because the Verizon app isn't even a app like on Android and iPhone. I'm kinda fed up with Verizon. Nobody has even heard when 10.2 will drop for us and judging by Michael Clewley's channel 10.2.1 is almost done with production and is soon to be shipped out! BlackBerry really needs to say Duck them carriers we have to get everybody on the same page! We need every carrier to sell our phones but we will still update them ourselves. just make sure the carrier locations have working fresh updated phones to demo!

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    01-18-14 11:58 AM
    You know Verizon Don't care about BlackBerry because the Verizon app isn't even a app like on Android and iPhone. I'm kinda fed up with Verizon. Nobody has even heard when 10.2 will drop for us and judging by Michael Clewley's channel 10.2.1 is almost done with production and is soon to be shipped out! BlackBerry really needs to say Duck them carriers we have to get everybody on the same page! We need every carrier to sell our phones but we will still update them ourselves. just make sure the carrier locations have working fresh updated phones to demo!

Posted via CB10
    The Verizon app is a real app. You open it and get usage info, upgrade dates, etc. The backup contacts app even has an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 09:43 AM
    The Verizon app is a real app. You open it and get usage info, upgrade dates, etc. The backup contacts app even has an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    In any case Verizon needs to put 10.2.1 out at least a week after it drops from BlackBerry. Everybody in the US hasn't had a carrior update since 10.1 only a couple have 10.1 MR.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:11 AM

I have to imagine the IT dept at those companies don't want to sit around waiting for service providers to release the updates, but leaks might be to risky, maybe they get the leaks and test them themselves?
    Nope, not at my job everybody has either a 9930 or Z10 or Q10 from Verizon still running 10.1 (not even the MR) and original BES10.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:18 AM

Can only speak from my experience. I use a Z30 for personal use and a have a corporate Q10. The phone is like a safe that be cracked. If you plug it into a computer even to charge it shuts down. If you go into settings the typical drop for OS, Hardware, etc is grayed out. You can't even see what version the phone is running. We have thousands of phones on the network and the are all tied down. The only way I can guess what version I'm on is by features I receive versus my Z30.

For example, I know I'm not on the stock Q10 Verizon 10.1 OS. I know this cause I get the messages across the top of my phone that I can return without leaving apps, but I know I'm not on 10.2.1 because I can't speed dial from the home screen yet.

So I'm not really sure exactly what others do, but it's possible that BES10 pushes updates to corporate users faster? And lastly, the overwhelmingly vast majority of corporate users are still with legacy devices on BES and most are contemplating BYOD and not switching to BES10 in the states.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    01-19-14 11:47 AM
    Can only speak from my experience. I use a Z30 for personal use and a have a corporate Q10. The phone is like a safe that be cracked. If you plug it into a computer even to charge it shuts down. If you go into settings the typical drop for OS, Hardware, etc is grayed out. You can't even see what version the phone is running. We have thousands of phones on the network and the are all tied down. The only way I can guess what version I'm on is by features I receive versus my Z30.

For example, I know I'm not on the stock Q10 Verizon 10.1 OS. I know this cause I get the messages across the top of my phone that I can return without leaving apps, but I know I'm not on 10.2.1 because I can't speed dial from the home screen yet.

So I'm not really sure exactly what others do, but it's possible that BES10 pushes updates to corporate users faster? And lastly, the overwhelmingly vast majority of corporate users are still with legacy devices on BES and most are contemplating BYOD and not switching to BES10 in the states.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    Try typing "myver" then space and that should show your version.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 04:14 PM
    Try typing "myver" then space and that should show your version.

Posted via CB10
    From where...the home screen? Tried that and I just have "myver_" now. Is there a different place? Like the dial pad?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:08 PM
    In the body of a reply here, or an email, or any text field.

Posted via CB10
    redmonke255 likes this.
    01-19-14 10:23 PM
    Just give Verizon the middle-finger and install a leak. I see having this ability as very special for BB10. I am SO FED up with carrier half-assing with updates and crapping on anything that isn't the current or recent hottest seller. My new Z10 from Verizon showed latest update available as 10.1. I came home and had 10.2.1 on my device in half-hour. So easy no reason not too.
    01-22-14 02:49 AM
    I installed the leaked 10.2.1.1259 on my VW Q10, and I've only noticed two minor glitches: one being the "Shift" locator circle that appears when you highlight text - sometimes it refuses to disappear, but it never hinders actual typing or anything else. It just appears in the way.

The other glitch came from sending picture text messages from the Camera rather than shooting the picture, typing the text and attaching the picture separately. Sometimes the camera will remain on and it requires a battery pull. This has only happened once though. Everything else seems to run flawless.

Join me in the leaked software... 10.2.1.1259 - it's well worth it. No damage to cell service or battery life that I've noticed. Plus, Verizon certainly won't push it, so you'll just have to show them who's boss.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:13 AM
65 123