03-23-09 08:51 PM
35 12
tools
    I know I said earlier go for the curve, but after reading up on Niagra more and looking into the history of the 8330 I know I've personally decided to wait until my early upgrade time comes (November ) to get a Niagra.

I know they come out sooner than that, but I just can't afford it without the 2 year pricing and the discount.

So yeah, I've changed my opinion on your question. I say wait! It sounds like it should be out rather soon especially with VZW attempting to clear out their current BB inventory.
    03-22-09 08:01 PM
    I know I said earlier go for the curve, but after reading up on Niagra more and looking into the history of the 8330 I know I've personally decided to wait until my early upgrade time comes (November ) to get a Niagra.

I know they come out sooner than that, but I just can't afford it without the 2 year pricing and the discount.

So yeah, I've changed my opinion on your question. I say wait! It sounds like it should be out rather soon especially with VZW attempting to clear out their current BB inventory.
    Yeah, I posted this thread shortly before all of the latest updates on the Niagara/9630. Given that a May/June release is looking more and more likely, I probably will wait. That said, though, I became NE2 eligible on March 11th and every time I see someone using a BB I think, "Maybe I should just get the &*&%* Curve!" Oh well, at least I'm learning the virtue of patience...
    03-22-09 08:46 PM
    Oh well, at least I'm learning the virtue of patience...
    Patience? What is this patience you speak of?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 08:54 PM
    Patience? What is this patience you speak of?

Good grief, man, do you live on here? You'd better watch it or I'm going to hit you with all of my naive, uninformed questions about what Verizon plan to sign up for if I ever get this blasted Blackberry.
    03-22-09 08:59 PM
    Yeah, I posted this thread shortly before all of the latest updates on the Niagara/9630. Given that a May/June release is looking more and more likely, I probably will wait. That said, though, I became NE2 eligible on March 11th and every time I see someone using a BB I think, "Maybe I should just get the &*&%* Curve!" Oh well, at least I'm learning the virtue of patience...

Hilarious! Me too! While I'm on BART I look at everyone on their BBs thinking "man, I should just go for that BOGO free deal."

At least you have less time to wait than me! I've got 8 months
    03-22-09 08:59 PM
    Good grief, man, do you live on here? You'd better watch it or I'm going to hit you with all of my naive, uninformed questions about what Verizon plan to sign up for if I ever get this blasted Blackberry.
    I find myself too connected. Someone calls me, my phone rings. Someone texts me, my phone beeps. Someone emails me, my phone chirps. Someone posts here, my phone sends me tingling. Lastraid passes gas & my phone freaks out. And I carry TWO BlackBerrys.

I have three panels on my computer and media center computers controlling the entertainment systems in the house and flat panels in the bathrooms. I can't watch TV or sit in the bathroom without getting messages and being connected. I can do email, March Madness and Fox News in every room.

Then there are the laptops...

And to think - I was the guy who 30 years ago couldn't keep a pager for more than 90 days as I'd launch them out the car window because I couldn't stand being on an electronic leash.

03-22-09 09:29 PM
    Id buy another 8330 curve in a second if I needed another blackberry. My curve was ROCK solid the whole time I had it. By far the best blackberry I've ever owned, and I've had quite a few over the years.
    03-22-09 09:52 PM
    Stay with a curve til the niagara comes out and they fix all the kinks
    03-22-09 11:16 PM
    Did your Ford come out with Chevy emblems on it?
    that's irrelevant. a good mechanic is one who can fix anything and you'd be hardpressed to find a chevy dealer who won't work on a ford or vice versa. to some degree, the same goes for some cell carriers - if you bring your own device, some will let you run it on their networks, assuming it's compatible (i.e.: cdma vs gsm & stuff.) if you want an example, see: jailbroken iphones.

anyway, my vote is to get the niagara in a couple months. the curve is two years old. the 8900 curve which is the 83xx successor is already out on other carriers, so why buy old technology? (i bought a curve when it came to verizon last year and i wasn't too pleased with paying through the nose for a phone that was over a year old, but my options were limited and i won't leave verizon.)

someone else also mentioned the implementation of LTE. i've read the articles and seen all the timelines, too, but i really wouldn't hold my breath for this one. (i'm not 100% sure, but i don't believe there any phones available ot the general public right now that are capable of hitting LTE speeds.) and on the off-chance that it does hit us when they claim it will, it's only in "select cities", so i hope you live in/near one.

as for being cautious about the kinks in a new phone & OS, it's something to be aware of but nothing says you have to get it the day it comes out. wait a month or two until they work out all the kinks & release OS updates (the price of the phone will drop by then also). the bold had a lot of probs when it came out on at&t and the storm was a complete disaster but both have been (mostly) rectified.

good luck!
    03-23-09 03:13 PM
    as for being cautious about the kinks in a new phone & OS, it's something to be aware of but nothing says you have to get it the day it comes out. wait a month or two until they work out all the kinks & release OS updates (the price of the phone will drop by then also). the bold had a lot of probs when it came out on at&t and the storm was a complete disaster but both have been (mostly) rectified.

good luck!
    All good points and thanks for weighing in. That said, though, wait a month or two after the Niagara comes out? Ack!! I'm already having to nail my shoes to the floor to keep myself from running out and getting a Curve right now because I'm NE2 eligible (and have been for 12 whole days, but who's counting?).
    03-23-09 08:51 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD