08-20-10 12:10 PM
41 12
tools
    This is a MUST have app for football fans, besides all the info it provides it has a live stream of the NFL Network, plus I heard that in season you get radio feeds of the other games too, in addition to the live games you are gonna get that are gonna be shown on NFL Network (and all the rebroadcasts they do)
    04-19-10 09:49 PM
    the tour still has google don't have to use bing it is the only BB though that doesn't have to use it
    04-20-10 12:45 AM
    It actually really sucks.. Dont get into all the hype. It gives the info and all that but thats it. EXTREMELY laggy
    04-20-10 09:00 PM
    I had no intentions of using this application at first, until I saw a review of the HTC Incredible using it. After downloading it, I was impressed that I was able to view the NFL Network from my phone. Unlike YouTube videos that don't come anywhere near filling up my screen, this video filled up the entire screen on my 8330 Curve.
    Can't wait for football season when I can catch a few games if I'm out and about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 12:55 AM
    Anyone know if the draft allerts free? They come via texts and count that way but are there any other charges?

04-23-10 07:49 PM
    Anyone know if the draft allerts free? They come via texts and count that way but are there any other charges?

It free for the first year. There will be an app charge after this year. Other than that there are hidden charges that I aware of. SMS regarless are charged to what ever plan/features are.
    04-23-10 08:07 PM
    Thank you. I didn't realize there would eventually be an app charge. I would imagine it is going to cost $9.99 like their other services correct? I really like it and it runs extremely smooth on the Moto Droid but I don't know that I would want to pay a monthly charge for it. I would buy the app if using it was free though.

04-23-10 08:30 PM
    If you are on BES, you can block the VPLs they push out. I wish I had done this before they pushed Bing out.

Blocking VPLs on BES
    04-23-10 08:53 PM
    I can not go full screen on NFL mobile. I called verizon about it. They say there is nothing they can do.
    04-24-10 08:33 PM
    It was just pushed to my phone today.
    04-27-10 04:58 PM
    I noticed all of this crap popping up on my phone and I was like what the L. I didn't ask for it.

First Verizon switch my default search engine from google to Bing and now this...oh come on.
    Gotta agree with you here - this is MY phone. How about I get to decide what goes on it.

OK - push me stuff but give me a way to get RID of the crap I don't want besides some lame hiding technique.
    05-08-10 10:32 AM
    Its your phone, its VzW's service. You agreed to the pushed apps when you signed the dotted line.
    05-08-10 12:03 PM
    Its your phone, its VzW's service. You agreed to the pushed apps when you signed the dotted line.
    Exactly.

Unfortunately, the "entitlement" mentality doesn't see it that way. What they think are trivial nuances to "service" actually help keep the lights on and the network lit...
    05-08-10 06:31 PM
    I might be wrong, but don't these pushed apps take up memory I could be using for apps that I want. I have Storm 1, which has precious extra memory as it is. I'd like to get rid of the stuff I don't want so it stops eating my memory.
    08-20-10 10:59 AM
    I might be wrong, but don't these pushed apps take up memory I could be using for apps that I want. I have Storm 1, which has precious extra memory as it is. I'd like to get rid of the stuff I don't want so it stops eating my memory.
    Not really. What gets pushed is a link to install the app, not the app itself.
    08-20-10 11:23 AM
    Not really. What gets pushed is a link to install the app, not the app itself.
    A VERY small bit of memory, which is why Valorian said not really. Verizon would have to push thousands of launchers for you to even notice and still it would only take up a small bit of your memory. And it's sort of a moot point because there is NOTHING you can do about it, even hacking can not remove them for good, they keep getting pushed back! When you see a newly pushed icon that you don't want either hide it directly, OR park it in a folder called junk, or something like that, and ignore it. And believe it or not ONCE in a while they do push something cool. The MyVerizon App is actually quite handy.
    08-20-10 12:10 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD