08-20-10 11:10 AM
41 12
tools
    So far this week I have had V Cast Apps, Skype, Backup Assistant and now today NFL Mobile.
    Seems Verizon is doing a lot of pushing. What's next?
    04-14-10 09:16 PM
    So far this week I have had V Cast Apps, Skype, Backup Assistant and now today NFL Mobile.
    Seems Verizon is doing a lot of pushing. What's next?
    What's next? After all that pushing, they might start some pulling...
    04-15-10 02:58 AM
    Just giving a heads up. If you didn't get it yet..its on the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 11:25 AM
    I got all excited when I read the nfl mobile was coming to vz, I downloaded it right away!

04-18-10 10:11 AM
    Its just a web link to the download. Don't download it, and hide the NFL logo. TADA...done. I actually have a folder that is called hidden that is HIDDEN. Whenever i get one of these i dont want, I just move it to folder HIDDEN and its gone.
    04-18-10 10:15 AM
    I checked it out last night, the program or maybe just my phone was clunky, streaming NFL network was really good though. I'm comparing it to when I had a Sprint Samsung A900 in 2006 in the same area, TERRIBLE. Also in better area it was ok.

It played even better than Youtube does. I like it.
    04-18-10 01:23 PM
    you can delete the service book and it will completely remove it.

but upon restarts, the app will appear again.

Im so sick of verizon pushing crap to my phone.
    04-18-10 01:34 PM
    It's not just a VZW thing. All carriers push that stuff. The only thing you can do is create a junk folder, put all those icons in the junk folder, and then hide the junk folder. I have AT&T and have 18 of those launchers in my junk folder.
    04-18-10 01:42 PM
    I noticed all of this crap popping up on my phone and I was like what the L. I didn't ask for it.

First Verizon switch my default search engine from google to Bing and now this...oh come on.
    04-18-10 07:10 PM
    you can delete the service book and it will completely remove it.

but upon restarts, the app will appear again.

Im so sick of verizon pushing crap to my phone.
    I noticed all of this crap popping up on my phone and I was like what the L. I didn't ask for it.

First Verizon switch my default search engine from google to Bing and now this...oh come on.
    How did this turn from a thread about the NFL mobile to another whine thread about pushed content? And Bing! Again with the whining about Bing. Now I'm whining about the whiners! DAMMIT!
    04-18-10 07:50 PM
    How did this turn from a thread about the NFL mobile to another whine thread about pushed content? And Bing! Again with the whining about Bing. Now I'm whining about the whiners! DAMMIT!
    LOL!!!

Don't get me wrong, I like the NFL and all but, I just don't want changes on my phone unless I say so.
    04-18-10 07:54 PM
    LOL!!!

Don't get me wrong, I like the NFL and all but, I just don't want changes on my phone unless I say so.
    Who does? The thing is, VzW has not budged regarding the Bing issue and they have been pushing apps to phones since...since...since that day they started pushing apps to phones!
    04-18-10 07:56 PM
    So, is my Storm2 on the short bus or something? I've not had the Back-up assistant pushed to my phone, nor the NFL thing. I did proactively download Skype, and I did get the V Cast Apps...which I'm finding kind of redundant to the Application Center and BB App World...oh well...
    04-18-10 07:58 PM
    I saw Skype and ignored it. Thought it was something that I put one the phone.

Regarding Bing...I would like to choose. I understand why not Google. I would like to use yahoo not Bing.
    04-18-10 08:05 PM
    I guess you are one of the lucky ones. =). Try a hard reset/battery pull on your phone. Also did you do the upgrade to 607?

04-18-10 08:05 PM
    So, is my Storm2 on the short bus or something? I've not had the Back-up assistant pushed to my phone, nor the NFL thing. I did proactively download Skype, and I did get the V Cast Apps...which I'm finding kind of redundant to the Application Center and BB App World...oh well...
    That's interesting...you should have all kinds of apps appearing on your phone.

When the apps appeared, I was either giving them the thumbs up or the finger.
    04-18-10 08:12 PM
    I liked the NFL app, the NFL Network stream looked GREAT, was almost in sync with my TV, was just a few seconds behind. Would be nice if you could get it to run full screen thou.
    04-18-10 11:25 PM
    Another launcher for my Junk Folder. There's getting to be a lot of useless apps in there!

04-19-10 03:29 AM
    The NFL app is really nice actually. I mean I know there are plenty of people who won't like it.. but everything I've seen, aside from the long load time (could just be that I have a POS storm though ) is great. The video is nice too, although the sound quality could be better.

Is verizon still forcing our default search to be BING?? I've restarted my phone many times since and i still have the previous 4 options (google, live search, wiki and dictionary)
    04-19-10 08:31 AM
    I guess you are one of the lucky ones. =). Try a hard reset/battery pull on your phone. Also did you do the upgrade to 607?

I wonder if one of the reasons why it wasn't pushed to my phone is because when I activated "tethering" for my account, it technically switches you from BIS to BES (even if you're not tied to an exchange server)...same money either way.
    04-19-10 09:35 AM
    i never got this app pushed. its okay.. i dont need it though
    04-19-10 10:07 AM
    It's all free, who cares? Hide the icon and move on with your life.
    04-19-10 11:54 AM
    Can't get it to work for me

I keep getting the APP Permission pop up saying
    NFL attempting to reset the security time when I hit ALLOW it pops back up
    then I have a hard time getting out of it.

Anyone have this happen to them and how do I fix it ?
    04-19-10 02:14 PM
    I finally got the NFL app pushed to my 8530 today, IMO one of the more useful apps they push to my phone. This wont go in my "junk apps I dont use" folder
    04-19-10 06:41 PM
    Whoops. i didn't actually mean the app was junky. Sorry. i haven't used it. i just meant i don't like NFL (or any sports). i hope the app works well for you football fans!

04-19-10 06:44 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD