What is the newest NON beta OS for the Curve 8330? If there is one? I had a pearl 8100 and used a beta OS and loved but hated it. Don't want to mess with beta OS's again so if there isn't a newer release OS for the 8330 then I guess I will just wait for Vzw to post it on their website?
    08-27-08 06:32 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-0-56-a-60457/

Your VZW supported OS is

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    Last edited by yester18; 08-27-08 at 07:10 PM.
    08-27-08 07:06 PM
    VZW is not yet approved 4.5, so therefore all 4.5 are considered beta for their 8330.
    08-27-08 07:34 PM
    correct I included it in my post so if he were to consider it he can......

But the current version in on the VZW site.. 4.3.0.(200) patch..

Also don't hold your breath, you will have better luck with another CDMA approved release.. Verizon takes forever to post of approve OS's
    Last edited by yester18; 08-27-08 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    08-27-08 07:42 PM
    So the 4.5.0.56 is approved? Is there any rumors of any glitches or bugs with it? What is changed with the new release? Is there a list of that soemwhere? Sorry for playing 20 questions, just don't want to get the new beta and it be as annoying as it was on my 8100. On the 8100 I had a nightmare trying to keep the indicator light off whenever I got a call. When I would get a call or text the indicator light would stay lit and not turn off. I would have to power off and back on everytime if I wanted to keep the light off. So is there a list to the changes in the OS versions? That is most important to me so I can see the differences.
    08-27-08 09:39 PM
    Again - not approved by by VZW. You can get it from RIM's website. Main changes are HTML email and Docs To Go.

When it is released for VZW it will also incoporate some fixes for minor noted issues with the device. Mainly the MMS with sound that can kill hearing a caller. If you get this, just do a battery reset and it is resolved.
    08-27-08 09:47 PM
    But the 4.5 has many gliches. Specifically freezing up. I find myself doing batterry pills more often because of the phone freezing up as opposed to before with memory leeks. In those regards I like the freed up memory. I have more now with 4.5.but regardless if vzw releases it as opposed someone else, it isn't going to be better than anything else out there. I just wish that RIM would take over the upgrades like apple with the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 10:28 PM
    I've been on 4.5 since the first non-beta version went public. I think it works great. No complaints here and I LOVE the html email.

08-28-08 05:18 AM
    i was wondering can you use Empower e mail viewer with the new os i no the new os has the HTML e mail i just like to be able to customize the fonts and back rounds and stuff so if any one has a answer pleas let me no
    08-28-08 06:30 AM
    But the 4.5 has many gliches. Specifically freezing up. I find myself doing batterry pills more often because of the phone freezing up as opposed to before with memory leeks. In those regards I like the freed up memory. I have more now with 4.5.but regardless if vzw releases it as opposed someone else, it isn't going to be better than anything else out there. I just wish that RIM would take over the upgrades like apple with the iPhone.

I find this interesting. RIM does control the upgrades not the carrier. The carrier will provide feedback for required fixes on their device, but they do not write or have control of the OS. Carriers supply the requirements they are looking for and they are incorporated for the needs of each carrier.

4.5 is offically released by RIM on their website. If you choose to put it on your deivce and have problems then you have problems. VZW will not release on their site till it fully tested. Does not mean there will not bug or two though. Just less pf them
    08-28-08 07:13 PM
    What is the newest NON beta OS for the Curve 8330? If there is one? I had a pearl 8100 and used a beta OS and loved but hated it. Don't want to mess with beta OS's again so if there isn't a newer release OS for the 8330 then I guess I will just wait for Vzw to post it on their website?
    Verizon Wireless' latest "official" release is 4.3.0.127 downloaded from their site at: BlackBerry® Software Updates
    08-29-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD