Hey there. Just got my 1st BB about 18 hours ago (loving it, btw), but I have a simple question that I can't find an answer for -- when I miss a call & get voice mail, does VZW count those notifications that show up in "messages" as text messages? Cause if they do, I'm gonna need more texts...

Thanks in advance. Love CB and al the information to be found.
    03-12-09 03:37 PM
    I don't believe so..... Texts should only be those that show up in your SMS/mms folder

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 04:05 PM
    Thanks for the response, Jim. I went and checked the SMS folder, and the 2 voicemail notifications I got today were in there. Anyone know if/how to turn that off?
    03-12-09 04:12 PM
    Hey there. Just got my 1st BB about 18 hours ago (loving it, btw), but I have a simple question that I can't find an answer for -- when I miss a call & get voice mail, does VZW count those notifications that show up in "messages" as text messages? Cause if they do, I'm gonna need more texts...

Thanks in advance. Love CB and al the information to be found.
    Jim is correct - those messages and any from VZW don't count toward your text bucket. Email also is exempt.
    03-12-09 05:08 PM
    That's cool. Thanks for the help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 05:30 PM
    Those notifications DO NOT count as SMS text messages and wont take away from any of your texts. Everything comes up in your SMS folder unless you choose to separate them. Meaning your notifications, emails, texts, MMS, etc will all come up in your messages folder. You can go into your messaging options and have separate folders so they arent combined.
    03-12-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD