hey all those blackberry users out there, i am currently a Verizon customer but i do not currently have a blackberry but i am hoping to get one soon. I guess this is my question, should i get the Storm, i think it looks sick but all the things that i reading are saying that it isn't that good. Is there anyone that would be willing to offer me any advice on this matter. Also is there any validity to the rumor that the bold will be coming to verizon any time soon. Please could anyone give me any advice on what i should do.

An interested new blackberry hopeful
    02-25-09 10:03 PM
    I take call about the storm every day. I hear good and I hear not so good. Best thing is to go to a store and play with for a bit and see if it is a device for you. As for the Bold, yes it coming but there is no release date at this time. only rumors. Will not that soon though, but it will be this year.
    02-25-09 10:06 PM
    I'm a storm user and I agree with Lastraid. It truly is "if it is a device for you." If you don't like how the feedback is with the clicking or some hardware issues that there is or the gap in between the screen that may show the light under the screen sometimes then it really isn't for you.

However the Storm, has many Beta OS's that are much stronger than it's official OS being 4.7.0.75. The Storm is an amazing phone in my opinion. I love how it works and i love its unique look that no other phone has with "SurePress". But yes, it is a "see if it is a device for you" phone. Test one in the stores.

As for the Bold and Pearl Flip, I heard they are coming out soon, Pearl Flip probably before the Bold. The Curve is very nice, i played with those in the store, but truthfully the Pearl 8100 was great and I never have a problem with its "SureType" Keyboard on my Storm.

Overall, it's best to test each BlackBerry out on Verizon and see if it is right for you.
    02-25-09 10:18 PM
    Have you gone to a store or possibly see if a friend has one that you could 'tinker' with. You will either love or hate it. Good luck
    02-26-09 05:35 AM
    I agree with all the other posts. I love the look of the Storm but it just isn't my thing when it comes to use. Went with the Curve and not regretting it one bit. I love this berry. Go to a VZW store and play with the phones, I did this several times before my final decision.
    02-26-09 07:31 AM
    ac22,
    I am in the same boat as you. My NE2 is coming up next week, so I plan out testing both the Storm and Curve this weekend. While I will be checking two email account and messaging, I really want a better web browser more than anything—especially for my fantasy sports. I too have heard about the new Bold/Curve hybrid coming to Verizon, but many have said, don't plan on the rumored May date--in fact may be closer to the Christmas holiday season. Good luck!
    02-26-09 07:35 AM
    As some of the others have stated it truly comes down to a preference and what you want or need the device to do. If touchscreen is what you want, then the storm may be for you. If not then the curve might be in your best interest. They are both great devices and you will always hear the good and the bad from people. The decison is ultimately yours...good luck!
    02-26-09 07:43 AM
    I equate the Storm with the original iPhone. The orginal iPhone had all kinds of issues and people complained all the time. Then they released the iPhone 3G and it didn't have those issues and from what I hear is essentially flawless. I'm hoping the next generation of the Storm follows the same path the iPhone has. If it does, I'll get one.
    02-26-09 08:39 AM
    thanks to everyone who has offered me advice, i went to the verizon store and played a little with the different phones, mainly the storm and the omnia. I thought the omnia was hyped up way too much but that might just be me because i think windows mobile sucks. Being a newb in the blackberry game is there anyone that might be able to answer a few more questions for me. Mainly my question is what OS will the storm be running out of the box, what are peoples opinions of .103, and .109 (i dont know if there are any other leaked OS's) and if i get the storm should i download one of the leaked OS? thanks
    02-27-09 09:52 AM
    i love the storm and all of its features but touch screen just doesnt work on these tiger paws!!
    02-27-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD