I spoke with Verizon yesterday, the first day of the 'new unlimited' plan, scared they were going to jack up our legacy unlimited rate again but it will stay at $50 for now.‎ One of the new plan's terms is when you reach 22GB you will be less priority than standard customers using a tower in the specific area where you are currently located.‎

There's also another term in addition to the 22GB priority cue which is a reduction to 3G speed (throttling) at 10GB but only for hotspot, not handset use.

Legacy users won't get low pr‎iority or throttling & will get full strength no matter what‎ but after passing 200GB, we get a warning letter & then disconnected if it continues.‎

Excluding the conditional restrictions, the only great thing about the new plan is the $80 price for unlimited talk, text, data & I think hotspot / tethering is rolled into that‎ too. But who knows how long this new plan will last or if it will be grandfathered. The CSR said earlier in the day there were10K calls in the cue because of this new plan and that only upper management knew about it before it was released.‎
    Last edited by BlackBerryMagnet; 02-14-17 at 04:14 AM.
    02-14-17 03:57 AM
    I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan & use approx. 25gb per month. I'm highly considering their new plan as it will save me approx. $75/month. That is a significant savings in my budget.
    02-14-17 08:13 AM
    I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan & use approx. 25gb per month. I'm highly considering their new plan as it will save me approx. $75/month. That is a significant savings in my budget.
    you have to go on autopay as well.
    02-14-17 01:29 PM
    you have to go on autopay as well.
    Like I said...approx. $75/month savings. That's w/out auto pay.
    02-14-17 01:51 PM
    It would raise my bill by 40 a month. I have to make my kids limit their snap chat use in order to stay under our shared 10 gb. I don't use more than 3 gb a month myself most of the time. I allow my kids 3-4 gb a month depending on the amount of carryover we have. I just don't know that I can justify paying 40 a month more just so my kids don't have to watch their data usage. The first couple months my daughters had phones that allowed snapchat they both Used 5+ gb each and I really had to have a serious talk. My oldest daughter is working now and doesn't have much to spend money on. I might suggest to her that if she's willing to contribute I would consider getting unlimited data. She's 17 and has to put gas in her car. That's it. Probably should make her pay her insurance lol
    02-14-17 02:46 PM
    It would raise my bill by 40 a month. I have to make my kids limit their snap chat use in order to stay under our shared 10 gb. I don't use more than 3 gb a month myself most of the time. I allow my kids 3-4 gb a month depending on the amount of carryover we have. I just don't know that I can justify paying 40 a month more just so my kids don't have to watch their data usage. The first couple months my daughters had phones that allowed snapchat they both Used 5+ gb each and I really had to have a serious talk. My oldest daughter is working now and doesn't have much to spend money on. I might suggest to her that if she's willing to contribute I would consider getting unlimited data. She's 17 and has to put gas in her car. That's it. Probably should make her pay her insurance lol
    When I was a teenager, my parents made me work & pay for my car insurance, gas, etc. I had a pager in those days. Guess who is now thankful that her parents made her work? Yep. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    02-14-17 05:05 PM
    When I was a teenager, my parents made me work & pay for my car insurance, gas, etc. I had a pager in those days. Guess who is now thankful that her parents made her work? Yep. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Mine made me work too and most of it was for room and board since we were farmers. No kids work like Farm kids I guarantee it. My daughters are spoiled. They don't realize it but they are. I'm not a fan of the auto pay idea so it probably won't happen
    BlueStorm likes this.
    02-14-17 05:43 PM
    Mine made me work too and most of it was for room and board since we were farmers. No kids work like Farm kids I guarantee it. My daughters are spoiled. They don't realize it but they are. I'm not a fan of the auto pay idea so it probably won't happen
    I'm not a fan of auto pay either. I think they charge five dollars more per month if you don't use auto pay.
    02-14-17 08:04 PM
    While I was driving for a hike (70mph/I-90), Verizon called me but I told them it was not a good time. I wonder if it was about this new plan? I'm still on UNlimited data.
    BlueStorm likes this.
    02-14-17 08:28 PM
    While I was driving for a hike (70mph/I-90), Verizon called me but I told them it was not a good time. I wonder if it was about this new plan? I'm still on UNlimited data.
    I have a strong feeling they will transition all of us on the unlimited grandfathered plans to the new plans.
    02-14-17 11:09 PM
    I have a strong feeling they will transition all of us on the unlimited grandfathered plans to the new plans.
    I am willing to transition if they can assure that they will not cancel this "UN"limited data plan within six months or a year. I would like hotspot option.
    02-14-17 11:11 PM
    I am willing to transition if they can assure that they will not cancel this "UN"limited data plan within six months or a year. I would like hotspot option.
    I'm pretty sure the Hotspot option is bundled in but I think they throttle you at 22 gb for that. I may be mistaken on the throttle part
    02-15-17 12:16 AM
    I'm pretty sure the Hotspot option is bundled in but I think they throttle you at 22 gb for that. I may be mistaken on the throttle part
    Actually, for my purposes that might be sufficient. I don't use anywhere near UNlimited data. Although with hotspot that might change. But I don't see that happening drastically since most places I go have wifi anyway. A few weeks ago, when there was an equipment failure and we lost power, hotspot would have been nice. I had a fully charged laptop but the router, of course, was dead!
    02-15-17 12:40 AM
    Hotspot is built in. Now, if you add a line, you get 22gb on each line. They claim, that you only get throttled, down to 3G speed, in congested areas (I.e. big sporting events, etc) if you've used 22gb for the month. When you leave the congested area, you then return to 4g speed. Not sure I'm buying that part.
    02-15-17 02:06 AM
    02-15-17 02:13 AM
    Actually, for my purposes that might be sufficient. I don't use anywhere near UNlimited data. Although with hotspot that might change. But I don't see that happening drastically since most places I go have wifi anyway. A few weeks ago, when there was an equipment failure and we lost power, hotspot would have been nice. I had a fully charged laptop but the router, of course, was dead!
    Hot spot comes in. Handy for me to post pt reports on the road. Saves me from having to reenter pt information if I haven't had a chance to upload stuff on WiFi. I rarely need to do that though
    FF22 likes this.
    02-15-17 01:28 PM
    Well, Verizon did call me back. She was intent on selling me a new plan and to get me to give up my old UNlimited plan. If she could be believed, I would only save about $5/month. About $35 for calling (a very old grandfathered plan) and $50 for UNlimited data. I have NO text allowance but don't really use it much. Actually, since I went with CenturyLink high speed internet package I don't use the cell phone for that many calls - I use to use it for long distance but that's now included with my landline. I also have insurance which would remain the same. But she kind of lost me when I asked about wifi hotspot. She mentioned some $30 device and then $10/month. So I don't know what that was about but I thought hotspot was included? Only one person, me and no other lines.

She really wanted to close the deal but I told her I need to think about it.
    02-15-17 05:29 PM
    I told them I needed to think about it as well. these pics are from the proposal they sent me.
    02-15-17 06:05 PM
    I told them I needed to think about it as well. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4ee68f95ae.jpg https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...72860539ff.jpg these pics are from the proposal they sent me.
    Yeah mine was gonna go up 40 minimum. 50 if I didn't go with autopay. I'm gonna stay with the 10 gb I have
    02-15-17 06:20 PM
    Well, I did it. I have my iPhone on my personal line, changed my office number over to my Priv, & gonna add my parents for the other 2 lines. It will save my parents $100 per month and now me $100 per month after I added in the cost of my office line. All a tax write off for me.
    Last edited by bluesqueen23; 02-15-17 at 11:36 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-15-17 09:29 PM
    Interesting. Good explanation, but I am reading and hearing mixed reviews regarding whether or not this new unlimited plan will really be a benefit. I guess all I can do is call and find out for myself.
    02-16-17 07:10 PM
    Interesting. Good explanation, but I am reading and hearing mixed reviews regarding whether or not this new unlimited plan will really be a benefit. I guess all I can do is call and find out for myself.
    I live in a fairly rural area, so I will rarely run into network congestion. Plus, with 2 cell phones now, I will have 44gb to use before it ever becomes an issue.
    02-16-17 07:23 PM
    If you have UNlimited currently, make sure you get ALL of the details? See if this UNlimited will last or be dropped - not that they will commit to anything.

I figure I need to hit a store and ask in person and see if spelled out in WRITING - particularly, I want to know about the hotspot aspect (or not).
    02-16-17 07:24 PM
    UNLIMITED plan not being offered with State of Texas Municipal Employees Discount.... anyone else seeing that with corporate rates?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 10:17 AM