I wasn't 100% sure where to post this, since it deals with a couple different phones, but it's all on Verizon so I'll do it here.

I have right now an 8830, it was a (used) gift, and now it's more than on it's last leg. It's keep shutting on and off, I thought it was a software issue, so I reset the whole thing, but now even if I drop it a little (like on my soft bed) it goes nuts and shuts down, and turns on and off and you have it in on the front to get it to stop. It's the definition of ghetto.

So I am going to go ahead and move off my family's plan I am on now and just get my own. My question is this, which phone should I get?

I really like everything I've heard about the Blackberry 9500 (or whatever it's called now). But (obviously) it's not out yet. I am starting a new job, so I need a reliable cellular phone. Should I just get a cheap(er) Blackberry for now (like the Pearl), and then move to the 9500 when it's released? Or should I just wait because I don't want to end up paying $500+ dollars for a brand new phone (when I could just get a new plan).

Thanks in advance for the advice.
    08-07-08 03:56 PM
    I'd wait for the new BlackBerry Bold (should be 9000 model #)...it's going to have the best and newest operating system and it's just sexy!! Wait it out, most sites are indicating September for the Bold's release on Verizon!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 04:00 PM
    Ya, do not settle now because retail prices are ridiculously high.

Wait for the bold (9000)

08-07-08 04:07 PM
    Do you really think the bold will be out on VZW by Sept?
    08-07-08 04:12 PM
    You could get a pearl on eBay pretty cheap without getting a new contract then when the bold or 9500 comes out get the new contract. You could also get a curve now if that's what you want.

08-07-08 04:22 PM
    Do you really think the bold will be out on VZW by Sept?
    Agreed. The Thunder/Storm will hit Verizon way before the Bold ever does, and all indications point to the fact that even it won't be released by September. Verizon will not see the Bold til next year, guaranteed, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
    08-07-08 04:23 PM
    The Bold won't be out for CDMA for a while... possibly even 6-8 months. The 9500 Thunder should be out in October however.
    08-07-08 04:24 PM
    for the last time

the thunder will be out in november at the earliest

the bold sometime far after that
    08-07-08 05:50 PM
    for the last time

the thunder will be out in november at the earliest

the bold sometime far after that
    Wow. Why are you the authority on this?
    08-07-08 05:54 PM
    Wow. Why are you the authority on this?
    cause i work for VZW and spoke with the RIM rep 2 days ago?
    08-07-08 05:55 PM
    cause i work for VZW and spoke with the RIM rep 2 days ago?
    Ok?

Do you know how many different reps claim to know the dates and info on all the new releases? And guess what. All these dates are different. So who is to say who is right on this? My mum works for Verizon, and she thinks she knows the release date. I won't even ask her. You know why? It's all speculation and rumours until we hear something official from RIM.
    08-07-08 05:58 PM
    Ok?

Do you know how many different reps claim to know the dates and info on all the new releases? And guess what. All these dates are different. So who is to say who is right on this? My mum works for Verizon, and she thinks she knows the release date. I won't even ask her. You know why? It's all speculation and rumours until we hear something official from RIM.
    seeing as how that rep actually had a thunder...ill take her word for it
    08-07-08 05:58 PM
    seeing as how that rep actually had a thunder...ill take her word for it
    That's cool - you are entitled to believe whatever you want.
    08-07-08 06:01 PM
    Now now kids...lets settle down a bit. Again, we are all part of the crackberry family. We dont need any unnecessary tension. All we need is for my wife to get a pink curve so I dont have any tension at home!!
    08-07-08 06:13 PM
    Agreed. The Thunder/Storm will hit Verizon way before the Bold ever does, and all indications point to the fact that even it won't be released by September. Verizon will not see the Bold til next year, guaranteed, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I agree Nay Nay. Well put...
    08-07-08 06:20 PM
    I agree Nay Nay. Well put...
    OMG... That is what all my close friends/family call me!!

And hey.. your avatar looks familiar....
    08-07-08 06:23 PM
    OMG... That is what all my close friends/family call me!!

And hey.. your avatar looks familiar....
    It was given to me by this real cool dude that posts here every now and again...heh heh
    08-07-08 06:33 PM
    This is what the term "Ghetto" mean. (formerly, in most European countries) a section of a city in which all Jews were required to live. 3.a section predominantly inhabited by Jews. What in the **** does this have to do with a blackberry? I swear some people say the dumbest things.
    08-07-08 06:46 PM
    I can't wait until these phones are out so people will stop fussing. But then it will be just like it is now when another phone comes along.
    08-07-08 07:54 PM
    VZ is running a sale on the Curve for $99.00.
    08-09-08 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD