So, with the release of "4G" today, I was looking through the data plans and check this out (see attached image), it looks like for smartphones it's $20 for 2GB and that's it. 5-cents per MB over, which equals $50/GB over.

See that, it also says for mobile-broadband connect...so watch your tethering if you change your rate plan, because...well, ouch.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, but it sure doesn't look like it to me...

I'm certain older plans are grandfathered in...
    12-05-10 02:40 PM
    Okay, so I went to look at what might generate if I looked at a device directly. So, I chose a Bold, clicked on the link that stated a data package was required and this is what popped up:

So, which is correct? Or is this just a conflict yet to be resolved?
    12-05-10 02:47 PM
    You confusing the two. The Mobile Broadband Connect and Hotspot are for tethering. The Data Packages are your smartphone data plans that we all use today for smartphones. There is going to be separate prices since they are separate features.
    12-05-10 03:04 PM
    You confusing the two. The Mobile Broadband Connect and Hotspot are for tethering. The Data Packages are your smartphone data plans that we all use today for smartphones. There is going to be separate prices since they are separate features.
    So, if I were a new VZW customer, activating a new smart phone, the data as reflected in my second post ($15/150MB, $30/unlimited) is correct, with tethering now being a $20 add-on for 2GB and 5-cents/MB over?

What I pay now I think is a better deal (BES @$45 plus $15 for tethering with the 5GB cap)...
    motor96 likes this.
    12-05-10 03:07 PM
    Yes. If you got the unlimited smartphone plus 20 for tethering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 04:36 PM
    Better off buying Tether for $50(or $25 if on sale) than spending $20 a month for a tether plan.
    12-05-10 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD