73 123
tools
    Thats what a Verizon rep told me.
    Thanks for being a part of the team.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 03:51 AM
    Some are & some aren't.

The same can be said for corp people.

However, I will agree that the indirects tend to be more passionate & pay closer attention to the industry as a whole.

I agree with this. I have noticed that, unfortunatly a good chunk of the indirects are not the most knowledgeable about any products and services, and that, in turn taints the shallow minds into assuming that all indirects are the same.
    09-14-09 10:31 AM
    Oh yeah I'm not saying all indirects are doin that some are awesome and know what they're doin others not so much...
    09-14-09 11:14 AM
    You say that they 'call in for help'....What exactly are you referring to?

i.e. e*ROEs bugging up and needed an application set AP? Processing a FRU via FedEx Express? Calling because they are to lazy to do a priceplan change?

Im confused as to why this would be presented in a negative way unless its being abused...similiar the latter of my examples.
    Updating PIN numbers to get email address going to a new bb is the most popular. If they called and asked for a price change I would laugh and hang up lol, Sometimes its FRU's though too.
    09-14-09 11:18 AM
    Updating PIN numbers to get email address going to a new bb is the most popular. If they called and asked for a price change I would laugh and hang up lol, Sometimes its FRU's though too.
    indirect agents dont do warrantee after the first 30 days usually, so the fact their calling FRU at all is a bit beyond what they need to do, those lines are designed for customers to call in, if the agent is doing it they are assisting the customer beyond what they are expected to do as far as doing priceplan changes only time ill call for that if the almighty bugged eroes has a bug or the account is lock by corp telesales
    09-14-09 11:33 AM
    indirect agents dont do warrantee after the first 30 days usually, so the fact their calling FRU at all is a bit beyond what they need to do, those lines are designed for customers to call in, if the agent is doing it they are assisting the customer beyond what they are expected to do as far as doing priceplan changes only time ill call for that if the almighty bugged eroes has a bug or the account is lock by corp telesales
    Right. BB pins are updated by going through email setup on the new device, right? Why would someone need to call in for that?

Xanadul, your right. the 5154 FRU number is for customers. This is something I have each of my sales reps do in the store to ensure the customers loyalty. They get a FRU through us (through the mail) They bring in their FRU to be activated. We do it all, stress free for the customer. This also ensures a loaner phone if nessesary. All this talk about indirect reminds me of how lucky I am to work for a good, solid indirect company exclusivly for VZW w/out corporate breathing down the back of my neck 24/7.
    09-14-09 11:39 AM
    indirect agents dont do warrantee after the first 30 days usually, so the fact their calling FRU at all is a bit beyond what they need to do,
    Some Indirects keep people happy, therfore if the phone is under 1 year warranty they will call and get a phone ordered... Surprising that any Indirect would go beyond....
    09-14-09 11:40 AM
    Some Indirects keep people happy, therfore if the phone is under 1 year warranty they will call and get a phone ordered... Surprising that any Indirect would go beyond....
    You make me smile and feel very good about my store
    09-14-09 11:44 AM
    Hey - the indirects were fixing trackballs & helping Mac owners update their BlackBerrys long before VZW was.

Oh wait - you're still up a creek on updates with VZW.

09-14-09 11:59 AM
    Oh wait - you're still up a creek on updates with VZW.

In what way?
    09-14-09 01:33 PM
    Because you don't go beyond what you need to lol.
    09-14-09 01:35 PM
    In what way?
    For the most part, you're not going to walk into a VZW corp store & get them to update your OS - whereas many indirects will assist.

09-14-09 01:35 PM
    lol, with twitter alone I need unlimited access.
    hahaha i hear that
    09-14-09 01:37 PM
    For the most part, you're not going to walk into a VZW corp store & get them to update your OS - whereas many indirects will assist.

This is true
    09-14-09 01:38 PM
    Right. BB pins are updated by going through email setup on the new device, right? Why would someone need to call in for that?
    Sometimes when you activate a BB, you get an error message that the account is suspended, and you have to call in. That's what a store rep told me.

09-14-09 03:09 PM

Stores reps can't update an OS, the computers block downloads. That's what a VZW rep told me.

09-14-09 03:10 PM
    they may assist with a fru like AJ, but its really hard to do it the way verizon does its just a financial and logistics nightmare to try to do that, lots of potential loss on profits handing out phones that way for a small store
    09-14-09 03:36 PM
    they may assist with a fru like AJ, but its really hard to do it the way verizon does its just a financial and logistics nightmare to try to do that, lots of potential loss on profits handing out phones that way for a small store
    Oh for sure! I don't have the store replace it normally they call and ask if I can send one out... Not normally but sometimes occasionally maybe
    09-14-09 03:40 PM
    Right, I don't forsee indirect stores ever getting the ability to process FRU's in store. IMO its best regulated by corporate persons for liability reasons. I like having the ability to do it over the phone for the customer, this minimizes the hassle on the customers end, in turn making them much more apt to returning to my store for future phones, accessories and service.

heck, we even have them call us up if they incur any problems with their phone so we can process everything (both FRU and our in-house protection plan). Customers see our store doing the work, little do they know we are doing exactly what they could do on their own, making it easier for them to just deal with one person all the time. Any expierenced sales associate would see the massive amount of rapport gained by these simple favors.

Along with this, customers return with their like-new mailed out phone and that gives us the oppurtunity to activate it and show them accessories for it. Its a great way to gain more business and keep customers loyal. We continue to be busy non-stop for a reason.
    Last edited by AJMetal87; 09-14-09 at 03:54 PM. Reason: changed it to heck
    09-14-09 03:54 PM
    For the most part, you're not going to walk into a VZW corp store & get them to update your OS

Not true, at least for me. My local Verizon (owned and operated) store updated my OS and even backed up my BB beforehand...
    09-14-09 04:14 PM
    Not true, at least for me. My local Verizon (owned and operated) store updated my OS and even backed up my BB beforehand...
    Thats really cool to hear. Props to that store. Its a good way to retain business. Covering your **** on all ends of the game as far as the risk goes for losing a customers contact info during a wireless upgrade (low app memory causes this). Word.
    09-14-09 04:16 PM
    Hence the statement "FOR THE MOST PART"
    09-14-09 04:16 PM
    On a brand-new phone or was it one you already had? If it was the latter, what did they back it up to? And if it was the former, why would a new phone require an OS update?

Hence the statement "FOR THE MOST PART"
    Thank you.

09-14-09 05:01 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD